• This topic has 54 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hey girls….

pick an era for a fashion you would love to wear…eg…60’s…mini skirts, high boots, big hats, heavy eye make up…or 20’s…speak easy fashion, flapper hairstyles, straight dresses, feathers and pearls….or how about Elizabethan…loads of petticoats, big big hair, ultra tight corsets, bonnets and buckle shoes….what do you fancy???

Me???…..

sixties please, I love lots of mascara and eyeliner….smallest mini skirts…..big jewellery….flowers in my hair……and OMG…the Beatles, the Stones, the Hollies to scream at !!!!

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Grace, hope your well?  If you are your probably not going to be after this. I actually loved the early mid 80’s. Women were still glamorous with big hair and lots of makeup!  The clothes still were sexy but not trashy (most of the time) and were definitely feminine. By the end of the 80’s things started changing and becoming way to “casual” for me, since then it seems to have just continued its slide.  I have also always liked the late 40’s early 50’s look as well. So all you who hated the 80’s just remember that hold your head upside down while you put on a can of hair spray big hair look and the total acceptability of troweling on your makeup, get a good laugh, then tell me those weren’t great days to be a crossdresser????

🍷C

Anonymous

Carolyne….I still love you honey….

I love the 80’s…new romantics, Human League…..adore ABC…the lexicon of love!!!…….and I love hairspray….I still use loads!!!…and all that beautiful heavy make up…and that was just the men…what a shame it didn’t snowball !!

Huggs, grace ❤️

Most of my full-blown crossdressing was in the eighties, so clearly my fave! short, short skirts clubbing with my lesbian roommates. Disco, post-punk, and Prince – what a time! I even went roller skating in hot pants and a blouse. total fun! I was such a wild child, even a little on the slutty side. Great memories!

Hugs,

Ginny

Anonymous

Ginny…hotpants!!!!…OMG

xx

Yes indeed! Aquamarine, with white blouse, Wacoal matching blue satin bra and panties and light blue pantyhose underneath. I was hot, if I do say so myself!

hugs,

Ginny

Anonymous

Ginny….I googled aquamarine…

it said 80’s

Haha xx

Ha! It will always be that for me. I wish I still had them!

hugs,

Ginny

Hi

For me it has to be either the 40’s, I really like women’s style back then. Just look at Kate Beckinsale in the movie Perl Harbor. She looks absolutely gorgeous.

Or now I really like today’s women’s clothing. I like it a lot. Maybe a little too much, it’s ruining my economy, but I’m like any other girl, I love to buy clothes.

Lots of Hugs

Lily-Rose

Anonymous

Hi Lily-Rose….hope you are well.

I tend to look through the ages at hairstyles rather than clothes….and yes, she looked beautiful….

watch that bank account!!!

Love, grace xx

Hi Grace

Thanks for asking 💕. Yes, things are finally getting back to normal. And another yes, I’m watching my wallet, it’s just so fun to write like that because I’m really not at all interested in men’s clothing and have never been and now as I’ve finally come out I can buy dresses and skirts without having to conceal it.

Hugs

Lily-Rose

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies,

The ‘ancient one” here not only in “senior real age”, but also in fashion eras

I’ve loved period fashion since childhood. So I’m going for the 1800’s Civil War era, or French revolution. My photos as proof of these eras can be found in my CDH profile.

I especially enjoyed my “Scarlett on the Stairs” moment at the Transformal event west  of Sydney back in 2017

Caty

totally agree,Grace!!

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Grace, another great topic.  I just googled fashion images from a bunch of decades to remind me.  Very tough to decide.  Every decade has some great looks and some absolute disasters.  I was in high school during the late 1960s and early 1970s.  Going through my old high school yearbook, I have to admit that I really liked the clothes my female classmates wore.  I can easily see myself wearing those clothes (if I was 50 years younger!!!!).  I’m now 66 and I probably could get away with wearing the fashion of the 1950s – well maybe not the bullet bra, yikes.  You know, I pretty much like any feminine fashion that I feel comfortable wearing and looks half decent on me.  Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Great topic Grace! My wife said either 1920, or 1860s. I thought 20s was a good choice the ladies looked so cool and free compared to the earlier corset eras. If it was for Bridgette to dress in, I’d go for 1920-1945, as long as you had money. If Mr Drabs got a vote, he’d vote for Regency era Britain 🇬🇧 . Anyone watch Bridgerton? Men in the Regency Era has the means to look good. Now I like playing dress up as Bridgette very much, but Mr Drabs loves his dress up time too. We were married in a Pirate wedding on a chartered tall ship under sail, which was pretty much all my ideas. Even the invitations were sent out as messages in bottles, hand written in calligraphy on old style paper. So that audio adds another era: late 17th to early eighteenth centuries.

Lady Bridgette von Smirff, by direction of his dread lordship, the Pirate Lord of the Chesapeake…arrrrgh…

Anonymous

Hollywood wedding….and invites in bottles….dreamy, Bridgette xx

Early 1950s. the beginning of a phenomenal period that was part elegant freedom and part punitive undergarments. The cultural explosion of femininity after the austerities of the war.

Araminta.

Anonymous

That’s an easy one for me, Grace. The Roaring 20’s. I love the clothes (and hats), the makeup, the music…all of it. And the styles – minimize the bust and hips, accentuate the face, short hair styles….all part of a CD dream. As I’ve said many times, I’m a Jazz Baby, and rarin’ to be a Red Hot Mama!

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Morning Grace, early 70s after the dust settled, mini skirts and heels and i have loved them ever since. Py xx.

Anonymous

Py….

“Alright, that’s right, that’s right, that’s right
        That’s right I really love your tiger light
        That’s neat, that’s neat, that’s neat, that’s neat
        I really love your tiger feet, I really love your tiger feet”

….dancing around your handbag…and your balaclava..hehe

Yeh ,while feeding potted hough to my Hedgehogs. Lol.

Anonymous

Hysterical !!!….haha xx

Grace, I’m impressed. You remember the lyrics from that old 70s song. Tiger feet with Mud. ❤️💕

I remember it because I was working as a DJ back then. And once I had the privilege of spending an evening with one of the DJs from Radio Luxemburg during a club gig he did where I live. When he realized that I was a DJ at one of the towns biggest discos. He wanted me to tell him what songs were popular in the town.

Hugs

Lily-Rose

I have 2 choices :

– modern.  I simply love the modern day pencil skirts and blouse type styles.  Ok, maybe pencil skirts aren’t modern, but the way it is paired now is modern.

– 50’s.  While I am not a dress fan, I just love the 50’s style dresses.  Ironically, I don’t own a single item from that era.

Late 30s, 40s & early 50s. I luv pencil skirts & dresses!❤

For Halloween, I want to dress up as Rachel from Blade Runner😎

Take me back to the nifty fifty’s, when my love of wearing those beautiful clothes began. Those crinoline petticoats under poodle skirts and flared dresses along with those fabulous lacey panties were so much fun to wear. And don’t forget sleeping in those baby doll nighties with the bloomer panties. Yes those were the days.

Would love to have lived in the Victorian era or even the Elizabethan time with all the body shapers and petticoats and full elegant wigs. Well that’s the queen in me

Anonymous

those great big framed gowns like tents….where m’lady could sneak her lover in….underneath !!

Kelly Lee
        Duchess - Annual

I can second that, going for the wide skirts, crinoline petticoat and corsets.
        Now I don’t know about doing it for life but I would love to do try it out in say a costume party or a shorter period like a week(end) or so.

/kt

Kathleen
      Duchess

Fifties for me as well

Prudence
      Ambassador

60’s I guess. She wore Scarlet Begonia’s, tucked into her curls! I knew right away she was not like other Girls. Hugs

Anonymous

What a wonderful line, Pru xx

My first experiences of wearing women’s clothing was influenced by my Grand Aunt’s wardrobe. She had clothes ranging from the late 60s into the 70s. My developmental years was the 70s and 80s, and I always wished I could wear the pretty dresses that women wore during that time period.

Oh, early 60’s for me! Thinking Jackie Kennedy, the epitome of grace, style and femininity! It was the end of elegance as fa as I’m concerned.

Anonymous

I’ll take the 1940s and 1950s.

Star date 46254.7, Lieutenant Uhura’s mini dress. 😉

Anonymous

Robyn….

oh yes!!!!!……as Scotty would say

“I canna’ change the laws of physics.”

[postquote quote=436323]
      Hi Baroness Grace,

And spawn a movie career as well!

Alice

Hello Grace,                       My era of dress style has to be the late 50,s to the 60,s. Do love thoose large flowing dresses with lots of petticoats underneath, worn with stockings & high heels. A very femine age I think, girls where more girly looking, from young teens right through to older age. I have many dresses from that period that I like to wear, it makes me feel like a lovely girl.  love,  Helenmarie

Anonymous

Hi Helenmarie

Wearing exactly what makes YOU feel good…..that’s what it’s all about…. huggs

Patty Phose
      Duchess

For me it would be late 60’s to early 70’s. The days of mini skirts, micro mini skirts, hot pants, short dresses, sheer to waist pantyhose to wear with them and platform wedge heels and pointy pumps.

I loved those clothes. I wanted to wear them all, look like the girls who wore them and do what they did when showing off their legs in their pantyhose. I loved watching them walk and move around. Their legs were just so magical and enchanting looking. When they crossed and uncrossed their legs with their dresses hiked up so high and so much legs showing, it gave me so many wonderful thoughts and fantasies. If they happened to touch or stroke their legs, my heart leapt. if they happened to pull up their pantyhose or stockings, smoothing their legs with their hands, I nearly exploded.

To wear their clothes, look like them and do what they did was so many fantasies in the making. When I was finally able to act out those fantasies it was just so amazing and wonderful.

Anonymous

Wow Patty….sounds like you would have loved to be one of the girls on the cover of those ” Hits of the 70’s albums

Since I absolutely adore dresses, my choice is the 40’s and 50’s when all women wore dresses. Did not matter if they were going out, shopping or doing housework. It was rare to see women in pants, not that I have anything against them (I have many). I just love how wearing a dress makes me feel so womanly and feminine.

Anonymous

Sans doubt…..1890’s Paris

Ah… Le Fin du Siècle! Oui, pas mal! xxx

Anonymous

Haha…..my friend Google translate and I totally agree x

Amy Myers
      Baroness

There is so much I love, it is very difficult to choose, but I am also one of those who is drawn to the 60’s and 70’s styles with the long lovely legs, super short skirts, tight pants, etc. I suppose it is at least in part because that is the era I grew up in.

However I do have a fondness for other, older era’s and the 20’s flapper styles are very nice too. Then doll me up in a Victorian outfit for another event to attend.

So, put me in a 60’s short skirt (I have lots) some period jewellery, and stylish 50’s or 60’s convertible to roar around in.

Amy

Grace, Darling… what a fab topic…

Sixties for me… Mary Quant, Twiggy, Jean Shrimpton, Bardot, Jane Birkin, Françoise Hardy!! The low heeled shoes, slingbacks, hotpants, Serge Gainsbourg, Rolling Stones, Kinks… Peter Sellers!
      The world was in a spin and the skies were the limits. The Cold War and the Berlin Wall… The UK at the very centre of the music and fashion world… Rockin’!

Love heaps Polly

Oh… and I forgot… Berlin Cabaret scene circa 1936! Naughty and naughtier!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Polly Stewart. Reason: added text

Grace. you hit my first two choices square on, 60’s and 20’s.

My mom was, as she put it, a free spirit from a very young age.  That’s probably why she went full term with my sis and I without the safety net of a husband, and walked away from her parents condescension of being an unwed mother in the 50’s.

I can easily remember some of the clothes she wore when we were young, multiple color, one-piece mini dresses with tall white go-go boots, or her hip hugger button fly bell bottoms and cap sleeve halter tops with more than ample bare midriff and even the ubiquitous tie die headband and very dark blue, round frame sunglasses.  Mom was definitely a babe.  I think that is why I have worn round frame glasses most of my life when I could find that style of frame.

I also think that a vintage style of flapper outfit would be quite an attention getter on a dance floor today.  The whole thing from the silk nylons to the tight hairdo peaking out of that tight knit cap, and 10 yards of faux pearls.  You would need the same attitude of the women of the 60’s and just dare anyone to tell you the proper rules.

Either period would be very fun to carry out and have a very fun time with.

Of course, those of us who love as many sexy undies as we can possibly get on our bodies would probably just die to go full on Elizabethan for at least a day.  Just imagine a room full of ladies in those dresses.  You probably couldn’t hear each other talk over the noise of all that rustling crinoline as we walk on those marble floor with those high heels clicking and all that jewelry tinkling.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Thanks Paula

Go-Go boots, 10 yards of faux pearls…..crinoline…. wonderful!!!….x

Anonymous

“Five go wild in panties”…..

the book Enid Blyton should have written!!!!

Smiles, grace xx

Sounds Lovely ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Lily-Rose

Anonymous

I can see the headlines

“Five in a tent eat vindaloo” ……outsells ” gone with the wind” !!!

Actually, ‘now’ is a significant reply. There is absolutely no need to construct a time machine. We should be free to wear any style, genre or phase of phasion from the past and innovate the very next thing. Isn’t that a key aspect of cross-dressing? Putting style and zest back in ‘dressing’. Isn’t that one of our main contributions to society? Creating and recreating Beauty to make our world a more pleasant place? If not, then why all of the photographs? Do we not have an obligation to step up and manifest the best of Fashion in its most iconic aspects?

I used to think that the cross-dresser’s motto was, “All dressed up and no place to go!”, but if so, then her slogan is, “NOW!”.

Araminta.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?