- June 3, 2022 at 10:02 pm #649939Clarissa CrossParticipantRegistered On: July 17, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 122Has thanked: 877 timesBeen thanked: 473 times
- June 4, 2022 at 4:49 am #649969
- June 4, 2022 at 4:26 am #649968СамантаManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 515Replies: 1442Has thanked: 8777 timesBeen thanked: 4961 times
- June 4, 2022 at 3:19 am #649962Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1028Has thanked: 3915 timesBeen thanked: 4798 times
I believe this forum follows many forums. I belong to a non related forum and there are a few hundred members. There is a steady stream of leavers and starters with a core of regular posters which amounts to a small number of the membership. Although the posts are read by a large number of members, most do not post. This shows that there are those that are gleaning information about subject and activities so the forum has value.
The posts themselves can repeat themselves in some form as new members join and ask questions that have been asked before as they are obvious questions a new member would want to ask and cannot be expected to trawl through all the historic posts. It is cyclic as the new members want to know things the older members have seen before.There are events and sometimes something a little controversial that really gets the posts going and some that are rarely post join in. There are posts from admin to update and inform and, on occasion do intervene to remind people of conduct.
In the days pre internet forums a newsletter was sent to hundreds and some members were never seen or heard. The secretary called quite a few of the silent members and found that they all enjoyed the newsletters and although they didn’t respond and paid there fees, it was important to them as they felt involved and informed.
- June 4, 2022 at 2:16 am #649960Clarissa CrossLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 122Has thanked: 877 timesBeen thanked: 473 times
I didn’t think of any subgroups as I did not know anything about them, actually just how many accounts are there on this site, just curious.
Off course all the subgroups are also interesting.
what are data mining members ??
members with more accounts I guess could be sorted out via their IP ?
- June 4, 2022 at 8:38 am #650025Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 526Has thanked: 840 timesBeen thanked: 2650 times
Data mining members are those who are trying to find out and record information on members. Usually for nefarious reasons.
- June 4, 2022 at 8:45 am #650026
- June 4, 2022 at 1:05 am #649954LadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 526Has thanked: 840 timesBeen thanked: 2650 times
Interesting question. It depends if you are talking about;
3.)Data mining members.
4)Multiple account members.
5.) Putting your toe into the water members.
6.) Trolling members.
I suspect that quite a few new members are from people who have multiple accounts. They have a form of mental illness where they crave the attention a newcomer gets, and start up a new account once that attention wanes. Their story, activity and questions are basically the same.
- June 4, 2022 at 6:13 am #649981Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 44Replies: 452Has thanked: 609 timesBeen thanked: 2015 times
I was thinking the same, total member count is a pretty useless number. Besides the list you gave one number that can at least be easily shown and I would be interested in is how many members have logged in at least once in the last week/month(s)?
- June 4, 2022 at 6:32 am #649989
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.