- April 10, 2021 at 9:42 pm #476188Polly StewartParticipantRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
Hi Sisters… I’ve been thinking a lot about HRT and the benefits vs negatives and I would like your input. I know this is maybe something for the other site but…
My wife has said yes to me doing it and I’m excited by the prospect!
- April 14, 2021 at 1:36 am #477443SharonLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 105Has thanked: 853 timesBeen thanked: 581 times
Good luck on your journey. It sounds like you are doing the right thing, you have a supportive partner, and a doctor on board, which is brilliant, just follow medical advice and don’t try to rush it, I understand it takes some time, but starting now rather than later means you have a great future ahead for you. I am also a member on TGH, because I identify more as TG than CD but the forums seem a lot quieter over there than on here.
- April 14, 2021 at 1:39 am #477444
- April 13, 2021 at 7:18 am #477174Dawn WyvernManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 309Has thanked: 255 timesBeen thanked: 1211 times
as mentioned by others – you need to have this prescribed by a qualified Dr who has a knowledge of treating transitioning. Do not self medicate !! – These are some of the most powerful mediations in the book and will have a life long impact, so not to be trifled with.
You may like to know that our sister site has more information on transition and hormones etc – so take a look at ‘Transgender Haven’ – the link is on the right of the page near the bottom ..Its set up the same way as CDH but more focused to transitioning
- April 13, 2021 at 6:16 pm #477372Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
Thanks so much for your advice! I have been to the doctor just yesterday for my first consultation and have the release form sitting on my desk. My doc just has to make sure I don’t need counseling and get my results of the blood tests before she can ascertain the correct dosage for the patches.
I have been to look around TGH recently to read some of the threads and it was all very comforting. I am loath, however, to leave here and all the great friends I think I have made. It makes my day to read all the posts and enjoy all the repartee!
Love Polly 🌹🌷🌹
- April 13, 2021 at 5:45 am #477154Alice BlackDuchessRegistered On: January 18, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 168Has thanked: 359 timesBeen thanked: 400 times
Good luck Polly and I also wish you the best. Anybody who does HRT I consider to be very brave. I could not do what you are doing because of past health problems, The procedure is expensive in terms of $ and potentially can be ostracizing among family and friends- but you have your wifes support and that is a major start. How are others in your friend and family circle reacting to your decision?
- April 13, 2021 at 6:09 pm #477369LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
Thanks for your concern, Alice
I have to say those that already know about my permanent crossing over are nothing except fully supportive… even my ‘roughneck’ brother! As for any others? Well, I’m too old to be truly interested or concerned though I will do my very best to shield my wife’s granddaughters until the right time for her happens. I leave that to my wife to decide as it’s her ‘journey’ as well.
Polly hugs you 😘
- April 13, 2021 at 5:34 am #477149stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2065Has thanked: 3297 timesBeen thanked: 9584 times
OMG! You mean ….. you will become even more gorgeous than you are now! Wow! So happy for you. You are a lucky girl having so much support. Alas it will never happen for me. But … that’s life. Maybe I can share in your adventure through CDH. I love your posts dear Polly.
Hugs, Steph 💖
- April 14, 2021 at 7:33 am #477546LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
With compliments like that you could share anyth… well, you know! Gorgeous, me? 🤣😂😜🤪😭
I wish I was but HRT aside there’s not much to be done with my old hide! It has been suggested that I switch to the TG side but I would really miss the repartie from youse girls!
I shall stay and bore the ‘genes’ off youse all…
Much Plumbing to be done to Polly! 😱🌸🌺💐🌼
- April 14, 2021 at 7:53 am #477554stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 152Replies: 2065Has thanked: 3297 timesBeen thanked: 9584 times
Surely HRT does help to make a “silk purse oot’ a soos ear?”
I tried the ‘other side’ a couple of years ago but didn’t seem to fit in over there… I remember getting a few condescending put downs ….. this was when I still thought I was “only a crossdresser” and before the pink fog swallowed me whole and Stephanie emerged into the light. Still, there will be more transition related stuff over there which you might find useful. We will be here for a bit of light relief from the ‘real girls talk.’
- April 13, 2021 at 5:12 am #477142Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 49Replies: 1158Has thanked: 5371 timesBeen thanked: 5980 times
Oh Polly, you have the greatest benefit of all – a wife who agrees with it all!! I’d be excited too. Now, I am assuming you have thought long and hard on this, but I am envious of your situation girl! Sure looks like a big green light to me!🙂
- April 13, 2021 at 5:29 am #477148LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
Thanks so much for your input! Yes, I’ve thought about this for about 40 years! I said to my wife this evening that I have always wanted to feel what it is like to be in a woman’s skin since I was a teenager!
Now, I get the chance and I can’t wait… it’s the right time!
As an aside… I will never attain such a womanly figure such as yours, Stevie! I just adore how your breasts sit just so!
Polly… before I say too much!
- April 13, 2021 at 1:02 am #477078Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 257Has thanked: 2830 timesBeen thanked: 1227 times
- April 13, 2021 at 12:27 am #477070LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 48Replies: 536Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 2489 times
- April 12, 2021 at 8:46 pm #477035Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1075Has thanked: 14513 timesBeen thanked: 4264 times
Congrats Polly. I am sure it will be worth it for you in the long run. I am doing blood tests currently with low dose Estradiol ( 2.5 mg cream). All 4 of my docs are involved because of past cancer, and the dose is quite low, but it is a beginning. Haven’t told family yet, but we will see if I have any side effects before I do. Been going two weeks so far, as of today (4-12).
Good luck hon.
- April 13, 2021 at 4:59 am #477138
- April 12, 2021 at 11:42 pm #477063LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
Luckily, I’m a very fit person with a ‘perfect’ blood pressure ( hasn’t changed in 30 years) and every other health issues is nominal. I’m sure the HRT will be a go with patches as soon as I can get the bloods done! Oh, dear… I and my wife are very excited!
- April 12, 2021 at 7:45 pm #477019Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1592Has thanked: 17749 timesBeen thanked: 5268 times
- April 11, 2021 at 2:09 am #476224Layla JonesLadyRegistered On: June 7, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 38Has thanked: 325 timesBeen thanked: 145 times
- April 10, 2021 at 11:48 pm #476210T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 349Has thanked: 3810 timesBeen thanked: 1447 times
I may be on the ” other side” of HRT, but I am on HRT, testosterone. I take .6 cc every other week. If I don’t, I have no labido, or eurges to do much of anything. Normal ranges from 800-1000, I was at 80!
I used to get absorbing pellets, then gel rub on, now injections. This is prescribed by my Endocrinologist, with medical monitoring by my Urologist and if need be prostate cancer Oncologist.
HRT; that’s my story, not estrogen…don’t know what affects that may have…I may ASK, next time I have a visit.
- April 12, 2021 at 11:45 pm #477064LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
- April 12, 2021 at 8:21 pm #477029LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3173 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.