- January 27, 2021 at 8:55 pm #439263Inga KrasivayaParticipantRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 202Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 638 times
I’ve finally plucked up enough nerve and been out into the cold, scary world in full Inga mode! Only a quick 25 minute tour, down to the (shut) shops on the main road and back, not much compared to the adventures I read about on CDH, but a big step for me. I’d always been saying that I’d go out once the cold snap here in the UK had finished and… well, it has. The snow has now melted – only problem is that it’s been replaced with some pretty frequent showers, so meaning I was delayed a little in heading out, but finally the sky stopped dripping and off I went. Over the road, down the alley… remember to be careful with the uneven tarmac. My heels on the pavement sound like pistol shots in the cool, quiet night but there doesn’t seem to be anyone around who could hear them – not surprising at just before 4 am. Turn right, down the side road towards the main road; keep practicing my walk – stand up straight, head up, don’t look at my feet, which I’m keeping on a straight, central line, let my hips swing… This feels great! Reach the road junction and a taxi pulls up next to me; has he noticed me? Well, he must see me as he’s looking straight at me; why don’t I feel nervous? In these boots I’m about 6′ 10″ from the bottom of my stiletto heels to the top of my flouncy wig – but it suddenly strikes me that all he sees is a strong, confident woman making her way home; what a buzz! The taxi turns right and disappears in the distance; I reach the shops, then cut through to the road heading home; avoid the puddles, Inga! There seems to be a lot of downstairs lights on and as I pass by a curtain briefly opens and then swings shut – I guess these heels really do make a lot of noise; nothing to indicate that anyone knew I wasn’t a GG, no prolonged opening of the curtain and no faces staring at me. This is great! Finally manage to reach home, get changed and get my laptop out: this was the first of many! Now got to work myself up to a trip out in the daylight – and certainly later in the day when there are a few folk around. Inga; you get me into trouble sometimes, but today I love you more than ever! Hugs to you all: Inga.
Total of 45 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- February 3, 2021 at 4:25 pm #442559
- January 30, 2021 at 8:10 am #440454Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 517Has thanked: 2210 timesBeen thanked: 1997 times
- January 29, 2021 at 10:34 pm #440185
- January 29, 2021 at 7:37 pm #440167Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 414Has thanked: 6806 timesBeen thanked: 1669 times
Well done, you! So happy to read of these achievements so many are making, and so proud to join the fray. I do agree with Grace and Steph about safety, and I’ve only gone out with my wife and/or populated areas, but so happy for you! The fog will close in and lift you up, making you want to go again soon.
- January 29, 2021 at 7:39 am #439913Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 26Replies: 4787Has thanked: 8260 timesBeen thanked: 8265 times
- January 29, 2021 at 12:31 pm #440020
- January 29, 2021 at 7:25 am #439907
- January 29, 2021 at 6:39 am #439893Penny JayLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 50Has thanked: 188 timesBeen thanked: 306 times
- January 29, 2021 at 7:14 am #439902Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 202Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 638 times
Hey, there, Penny! Hoping it can be soon, but I really, really want it to be in the daylight – but without any/too many people around, and that probably means leaving it a little while till the days lengthen a bit. If there are any ladies out there who haven’t been out yet, please, please try to steel yourself and do it; I’m still up in the clouds! Inga XOXOXO
- January 29, 2021 at 11:21 am #440000Penny JayLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 50Has thanked: 188 timesBeen thanked: 306 times
Every trip out your confidence grows and you want more the next time. Evening walks in the dark to very quiet day time walks is a natural progression. The last time I was out was my greatest, large department store and then out on to one of the major shopping streets a major scottish city. Then we topped it off going round an indoor shopping mall. Currently we are in lockdown, but can’t wait to get out again.
- January 29, 2021 at 11:48 am #440004Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 202Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 638 times
I love Scotland! Heading around a major mall sounds to be a great idea – scary, but maybe less chance of people shouting out in public? Regarding Scotland; have you ever been to Strathey or Scourie (you’ll probably need to look them up on Google….) Stepping out up that (very beautiful) part of the world would be so much easier for the majority of us – very few people around and such a beautiful part of the world. Scotland at the moment is many degrees below zero – so put your boots and leggings on, ladies? And if Stephanie were to give us all a few insights into the beauty of Scotland, I for one would be very grateful. Love to you all: Inga.
- January 29, 2021 at 12:56 pm #440032Penny JayLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 50Has thanked: 188 timesBeen thanked: 306 times
- January 29, 2021 at 1:18 pm #440049Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 202Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 638 times
NC500? if I remember correctly, maybe a Honda? Not quite an NSR500, but still pretty damn good. (P.S: 4 strokes rock!.) If you get to Strathy, so much the better – just remember to pack a fur lined bikini…… Love every single one of you: Inga.
- January 29, 2021 at 10:22 pm #440184
- January 29, 2021 at 2:09 am #439807stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 131Replies: 1590Has thanked: 2473 timesBeen thanked: 6961 times
Congratulations Inga! That first trip out is a momentous occasion and it takes confidence and a big pinch of courage. I started in almost exactly the same way – out at 05:00 a.m. click-clacking down the empty streets. The only difference was it was summer and the early sun was up.
Like Grace, I am not trying to dampen your enthusiasm or put you off, but let me tell you my story:-
Like you I was out – it was around 05:00 – enjoying my new found freedom. The streets were empty. Just the odd car passing. No problem; my confidence grew- this was great fun! Then a car passed by slowing down. I had just a glimpse of two white faces peering at me. I ignored them and the car drove on. Phewww! a little scary moment . But hey! It was okay.
But it wasn’t! A hundred yards up the road the car did a screaming 180 degree wheely and headed back, the windows going down, heads and arms appearing. There were at least three, probably four young men in it, and it was obvious I had attracted their attention. I assumed I had been made. Maybe not.
It was one of the scariest moments of my life! What could I do? I walked on, panicking a little. The car passed by on the other side of the road with waving arms and cat-calls and off up the road. Was that it!
No- another wheely and they were now on my side of the road, and coming fast. I have no idea what the outcome might have been. My knowledge of the local streets and cut-throughs eventually got me out of trouble. I was fortunately adjacent to one such cut- through so I – sort of sprinted in 3″ court shoes – down it and plotted a course that would lead me away from the area. I did see the car a couple of times passing the ends of roads, so they were still looking.
I eventually got back to my car after a long circuitous route, totally ignoring the odd person that I passed, still in a high state of adrenaline fuelled alert.
After that my walks were in the town centre where there were a few more people about. Mainly street-cleaners and early delivery vans etc. I was able to walk down one side of the main street and back up the other without drawing any attention. Everyone was too busy going about their day to notice me.
One other thing I would say is – heels? No! If you catch a heel it will most likely break off and you could sprain you ankle or worse. Stick to 3″” wedges or courts with chunky heels.
Well done!!! And enjoy your next trip out – but be safe.
Stephanie P xx
- January 29, 2021 at 7:24 am #439906LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 202Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 638 times
Hi, Stephanie; a beautifully written story, but such a sad ending; you deserved a better outcome. Please accept a big hug in condolence. Not heels…… O.K: stilettos, wedges or chunky heels? Sounds like another one that Grace Scarlett could turn into a great debate… Always lovely to speak to you; and (inevitably) keep smiling! Inga XOXOXO
- January 28, 2021 at 10:40 pm #439790Rachel CrossDuchessRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 241Has thanked: 1430 timesBeen thanked: 1406 times
nice to see another bird leave the nest. its always fun going out dressed and doing shopping and other things normal girls do. sounds like your very conferdent and thats a big plus. there is nothing to be afraid of. its all in your mind. once you overcome your fears theres nothing you cant do. its all fun from here on. enjoy it. im sure you will have plenty of good stories to tell. i love the sound heels make when walking. they are saying look over here. i cant help but look when i hear that sound. proud of you girl. like to see more of us out in public. i think the world is ready for us too.
- January 28, 2021 at 9:34 pm #439766
- January 28, 2021 at 2:18 am #439305EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 782Has thanked: 4441 timesBeen thanked: 2514 times
- January 28, 2021 at 1:13 am #439300Rachel JaneLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 19Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 74 times
So proud of you Inga. Your an inspiration girlfriend.
Can only imagine how exciting it must of felt to step out that front door for the first time. Heres to many more excursions and fun times out as you wonderful true self
❤ Rachel Jane 💋
- January 28, 2021 at 1:19 am #439302LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 202Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 638 times
- January 28, 2021 at 1:05 am #439298AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9503 times
Well done Inga
I bet you are still buzzing, and thinking about your next trip. It does take a while for your mind to accept ” you are just a girl out”…just like all the thousands of other women!!!
I would just add a couple of things…
if you are out and about in deserted areas at odd times….be careful honey, like you say, the sound of your heels carries, and could attract unwanted attention….I don’t want to put you off at all, just be aware. Once you get more confident and start going out at more ” normal” times, okay there are more people about, but it’s also ” safer”….
and secondly…at 6′ 10″….if the cabby hadn’t seen you, I really wouldn’t want to be riding in his cab!!!!
Well done!!!! and here’s to the next trip…stay safe 🌈
- January 28, 2021 at 1:16 am #439301LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 202Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 638 times
Always lovely to see a new post from you, Grace. Must admit I hadn’t thought about the possibility that being out in a deserted street might make me more conspicuous than if I was in a more normally populated area. Oh – and I’m only 6′ 10″ in my knee boots; in my normal 4″ heels I’m a much less noticeable 6′ 8″…… Certainly looking forward to the next time! Kisses: Inga.
- January 28, 2021 at 12:29 am #439290Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 488Has thanked: 619 timesBeen thanked: 1403 times
You wrote… “but it suddenly strikes me that all he sees is a strong, confident woman making her way home; what a buzz!”!
That’s what freaks us out all the time and until we can understand that we shall be trapped. Two evenings ago I went to my local supermarket twice and the local hardware store as well… I spoke with people that I normally speak to (albeit in a more modulated voice) but not one remarked or recognised me. A vey pleasant blonde spoke to them would be their reaction… nothing more. Our biggest fear is within ourselves!
Step out Sister, love Polly
- January 27, 2021 at 11:46 pm #439275Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 888Has thanked: 8581 timesBeen thanked: 3436 times
Congratulations Inga! I love taking a nice walk just after a rain too, especially at night. It is so peaceful, and the best time to be out. You know will eventually make your first daylight stroll, and the elation of feeling that freedom will be as strong as your night walk. Your confidence will grow with every trip you have outside of your safe zone, and if will be worth every nervous tremble you feel.
Keep doing what you are doing, and have fun with it.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Paula F.
- January 28, 2021 at 12:16 am #439281LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 202Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 638 times
Thanks, girlfriend! I’m still on a bit of a high… Very much looking forward to the summer; not only will there be more hours of daylight, but also I won’t need to be quite so heavily covered up. Break out the summer dresses! Kisses: Inga.
- January 27, 2021 at 10:45 pm #439270Rachel HayesLadyRegistered On: January 20, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 89Has thanked: 317 timesBeen thanked: 449 times
What a truly awesome day (night?) for you hun!
So so pleased this was a success for you and it must have felt just wonderful.
Such a confidence booster for the next trip with a few more people. The buzz will just get bigger and bigger.
Lovely story to read and has lfited my spritis so thank you!
Did you have a special outfit for your maiden voyage?
You must live in a different part of the UK to me though as it’s still pretty blinking chilly here! 🙁
- January 28, 2021 at 12:21 am #439287LadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 202Has thanked: 229 timesBeen thanked: 638 times
Rachel – hi there, lovely lady. I posted a full description of my outfit in the “So What Are We Wearing?” thread (where I forgot to mention I was also wearing my lovely warm, grey coat) but basically it was a skirt (longer than my usual ones) tights, knee length boots and a blouse. Yes – a touch chilly, but I hardly noticed the cold – adrenaline is natures antifreeze! Hugs; Inga.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 30, 2021 at 12:27 am #440205Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 888Has thanked: 8581 timesBeen thanked: 3436 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.