Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi.

Has anyone found a long lasting lipstick or lip gloss brand or product they would recommend?  There are many out there that say they last all day and don’t smudge or rub off but I am curious if there any good recommendations. I’m sure this question has been asked many times before so sorry if I am missing a thread.  Besides there are always new products that are coming out so I’m curious what’s new that you have tested out?

Hugs!

Christy.

Anonymous

It is quite expensive but I love the shimmering look of NYC lip gloss. The
      Effects of the sensuous lip gloss on your lips is absolutely amazing. The tasty gloss is probably the best I’ve ever had.

The best thing I have found to truly facilitate longer wear is a lip primer. So far, my best results have been with:

Too Faced – Lip Insurance

Bite Beauty – Lip & Define Lip Primer

They work along the same lines as a makeup primer or eye shadow primer. The exception to this is pore management. A silicone-based primer (vs. a water based primer) greatly helps with larger pores. For example:

<p style=”margin: 0in; margin-left: .75in; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: 12.0pt;”>The Ordinary – High-Adherence Silicone Primer (Soothing primer. Smooth finish) (Silicone based) (CHEAP…but oh so effective)</p>
        <p style=”margin: 0in; margin-left: .75in; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: 12.0pt;”>Wayne Gross (I love his channel) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTi3uLKkzlQ</p&gt;
        <p style=”margin: 0in; margin-left: .75in; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: 12.0pt;”>The Ordinary – High-Spreadability Fluid Primer (Radiance Primer. Dewy finish)</p>
        <p style=”margin: 0in; margin-left: .75in; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: 12.0pt;”><span style=”background: silver; mso-highlight: silver;”>Too Faced – Primed and Poreless Primer less Skin Smoothing (Smooth finish)
        </span></p>
        <p style=”margin: 0in; margin-left: .75in; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: 12.0pt;”>IPKN – Flash Cream Radiant Primer (Radiance Primer. Dewy finish)</p>
        <p style=”margin: 0in; margin-left: .75in; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: 12.0pt;”>MAC – Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Pink</p>

Definitely try 24….I can wear it all night without worrying…well maybe if you are kissing you would have to check but its the only lip color and gloss I use these days.

Hey Christy,

I seem to have that issue as well, what i found that seemed to work well for me is the Revlon colorstay ultimate (like a lipgloss) i think i got it for $10.00 Works rather well for me, i have tried several different items and that seemedto work best for me.

Hope this helps,

Vanessa

Sometimes I have to remove my makeup without a lot of warning, so I don’t wear the long wearing lipstick/lip-gloss, or waterproof mascara. To be a little bit honest, I think that a feminine person putting on a nice color of lipstick is pretty hot, so I don’t mind checking my lips every now and then when I’m dressed up for a day/days. And I have woken up with pink or red or purple lipstick all over my pillow, and it’s nice to know that it will come out relatively easily  🙂

Yes I love to check them out my make up regularly as well.  I went out shopping at a mall and wanted something that would last while I was there so that I didn’t have to keep checking.  I keep adding to my color collection though so my days of playing with different products and shades is far from over!

Thanks for the replies.  I found Maybelline’s SupreStay 24 Color and that worked well.  I lasted most of the day including lunch!  I will still keep searching!

I’m guessing that I can’t copy and paste text for forum posts.  With regards to my past post, the part that got distorted, about facial makeup primers.

The Ordinary – High-Adherence Silicone Primer

The Ordinary – High Spreadability Fluid Primer

Too Faced – Primed and Poreless (Smooth Finish0

IPKN – Flash Cream Radiant Primer (Dewy Finish)

MAC – Prep + prime natural radiance pink.

Also, check on Wayne Gross on youtube. He did a post about The Ordinary primer. This stuff is great and cheap! Both version work better than the stuff I have bough before for $20, $25 a pop etc.

Also, I have interesting results, good ones, when I mixed in a bit of Mac Fix Plus Finishing Spray (I mix this in all sorts of makeup. Just remember it’s a finishing spray not a setting spray). This stuff is out of this world!

Hi,

I went to ULTA and I asked what was the best lipstick and the young lady told me URBAN DECAY.

I purchased a pink metallic, and a pink gloss, pink, and it has the taste of peppermint.  My gurl friend loves it.

Skylar

MAC Retro Matte Liquid Lipcolor

Currently using Color: Feels So Grand

i definitely need something to last past a single “job” down there, if you know what i mean.  One man it’s all gone.

Hi,

When I am in that position, I apply URBAN DECAY MATTE.

I find it great does not smear, a little expensive, but it is worth it.

I hate to interrupt the moment for me and the gurl I’m with at the time!E

Enjoy!

Skylar

[postquote quote=390500]
      I use this same one, I love it. I also use a color called “in retrograde”

[postquote quote=390756]

Yes, big MAC fan! Been OBSESSED for the past 3 years…

Hello,

The next time at ULTA, I will look for MAC RETRO MATTE and those shades.  Always open to trying new things that will not interrupt the moment Skylar

[postquote quote=390132]

One point:

ULTA and MAC both have loyalty programs. Buying MAC products at ULTA won’t earn MAC points. Likewise for MAC counters in department stores…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?