Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

All,

During my recent one week vacation in full Leah mode, I used press on nails a lot each day and wanted to share some tidbits with you.

I have about ten different sets of nails.  Most are of the short variety but I do have two pink coffin style sets and I have several white sets that I can color however I want.

I don’t use nail glue, as getting things off gets tricky.  I’ve found two different versions of nail adhesive pads that I use to keep things in place.   both versions are similar in that they have the pads on a larger sheet, and each pad has a plastic covering on it.  You peel off the pad from the sheet and place it on your nail, then peel off the top plastic covering and place the nail on it.

I found that putting all 10 pads on first is better than pad then nail for each finger.   Trying to remove the top plastic covering gets tricky with false nails.  I use tweezers and that seems to be the best way for me.

The pads hold things better than the regular press on glue from some products like Kiss, although I did buy a nice short set that stayed on quite well for almost the entire day.  The pads hold up even when washing hands.  To remove you pull the nail forward (not up) parallel to the finger.  After removing the nail you can scrape off the extra pad from your natural nail.  I also clean each nail before putting them away so they are ready for the next use.

I got a large vitamin pill box with seven slots and use 5 of the slots for each pair of fingers (thumbs, index, middle, ring, pinkie),

I have very brittle natural nails so using false press ons allow me to quickly alter my look depending on what I’m wearing or my mood.

If you want specifics and brands message me privately.

Leah

Hey Leah,

Thank you for sharing your experience with press on nails.

I played around with press on nails as well (can’t remember the brand new).  I liked the fact that it is very easy to apply, but I also remember that after the first application, the stickiness was pretty gone.  Being cheap back then, I tried to extend its use but I found the nails would come off very easy after the first use.

I also tried glue on nails.  These ones really held on well, a little too well as I had a really tough time getting them off.  It felt like I was gone to pull off my own nails with it.

Alas, I never rebisted press on/glue on nails since.  I’m not used to having long nails as for me it is tough to do simple chores like button up shirts, preparing food, or typing a keyboard.

What brand are the adhesive pads, and where did you find them?

I have larger hands with pretty wide nail beds.  Not sure press-on nails will fit, but I’ve been dying to try.  My nails are also thin & break easily, so press on is probably the way to go.

I would  LOVE to take a vacation or a cruise and dress the entire time.  If I did that, O would go to a nail salon & let the pros do it.  My wife would probably love that.

Thank you for the information!!

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Press on nails work best when you use the small and separate double sided tape shapes before you “double tape” with the adhesive on the nails.

Then you have “adhesive x2”.

Another trick a make up artist taught me is to put the sticky pads on first, then use normal nail glue on to the sticky pads. Great adhesion and much easier to slide off once you have to go back to drab.

Happy (false nail) dressing

Caty

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?