Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I have a lot of extra time on my hands these days and was paging through the You Tube offerings and happened across the Carpenters story. Having graduated HS in 72 and having a crush on Karen Carpenter, for a while when I first was heavily into CD I had thoughts of becoming a female impersonator and practiced trying to imitate her voice. She had such an angelic voice and her long hair was just to die for. It was back in 1979 to 1981 that I was getting deeper into CD. Sadly she died in 1983 at the age of 32.
      Some of the hit songs, just so memerable.
      Lonelyness is such a sad affair
      We’ve only just begun
      On top of the world
      Wait a minute mr postman
      I miss you Karen Carpenter.
      Sandy

Agreed Sandy she was a sweet treasure to have lost her at a young age just love  wait a minute mr postman and on top of the world and like you said a wonderful voice yes she will be missed ..

Stephanie Bass

Hello Sandy,                   Yes,  Carpenters are my favorite group. Karen,s voice is the most beautiful sound you can hear, as you say she is sadly missed. Have all their records [ cd,s ] & video,s. Richard wrote some lovely songs & arranged them wonderfully, I listern to them a lot of the time. Your heading of The Carpenters is not quite correct, it should read   Carpenters   with no The in front, this is according  to an interveiw with Richard once I heard. I did not wish to impersonate Karen as my singing is terrible, but I did like some of her outfits she wore, anyway we still have her records to listern to.  love,  Helenmarie

Anonymous

Hi Sandy,

Yes, what you said … such a voice!

I’ll add to your list of songs:

“calling occupants of interplanetary craft”. Loved it.

Marti x

Sometime back in the ’80s, I had to go to Hamburg, sailing out of Harwich. The performing band on the ship that night was a Carpenters tribute band. Just a guy and a girl, she sang and did the drums. I cannot for the life of me remember the bands name but they were extremely good and their show made for a very pleasant ferry crossing.

Anonymous

Sandy..

The voice of an angel is a sentence so over used…not in her case…there will never be another, she was wonderful…and I still play the songs regularly…favourite???

Superstar….just like her.

Grace xx

Anonymous

Karen Carpenter OMG how I adored her, I had one of their “Best  of ” cassette tapes and did I wear it out!! I still tear up when I hear “Close to you” on the radio….

Nicole
      Lady

I miss her as well. The closest thing to Karen Carpenter is a singer from the UK named Rumer. She has even covered one the Carpenter’s songs. I’m listening to Rumer now 💕

Nicole

Nicole
        Lady

Rumer covers Close to You. I should have known!!!

Anonymous

Hi Nicole,

Many thanks! I’d really got into her first album. She does have a captivating voice.

I hadn’t kept track of her. So I’ve just youtube’d her singing Close to you. A nice version. And now it’s moved onto ‘This girl’s in love’…

Oh dear a late night youtube session threatens, I’d better top up my wine and get comfy.

Marti

Anonymous

I love the Carpenter’s music! So tragic what happened to Karen!

Nicole
      Lady

I also like Katie Melua. “A love like That” is a great song, and has a beautiful and sexy video.

Nicole
      Lady

I am listening to Rumer this morning. Her song “Slow” just oozes with sexiness. It is the sexiest I have ever heard.

💕 Nicole

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?