Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi I’m Dawn from eastern Iowa, I have been crossdressing since 78 off and on mostly by my self and at night. In 2019 I had a life wakeup call. Dr said I needed to release some of my stress. His questions got me thinking and now Dawn gets to come out and have some fun. I’m married and she knows but does not care to help. I do need help with makeup, and finding like minded people in my area.

Friends are where you find them. No telling the direction life takes. I, at times, think I need to find a friend close by. Come to realize life happens. Just saying, don’t limit your friendships to miles. No telling what life will bring.

I wish you well.

Jen!

Friends are where you find them. No telling the direction life takes. I, at times, think I need to find a friend close by. Come to realize life happens. Just saying, don’t limit your friendships to miles. No telling what life will bring.

When it comes down to it, I own my home, I have friends, I’m comfortable where I am, but if I met a special someone…I’d sell and move out. I leave all options open as I’m divorced and looking for a special relationship with someone who can accept me as I am.

Said it…done.

This is in no way a solicitaion, merely an explantion or description of who I am. Let it be as it is.

I wish you well.

Jen!

Hiya Dawn , eastern ia here also good to see at least 1 more iowa girl here

Diane, hello where about in eastern Iowa I’m in the Marion area.

Hi Dawn, and welcome to a place where you can make new friends and share your experiences in confidence.  You have aready overcome one of the greatest hurdles by revealing your desire to explore your feminine side to your wife.   The rest should be “baby steps.  I suggest you begin by experimenting with makeup.  It is perhaps the most transformative thing you can do.  When I become Paulette, I become a different person.   Not just in appearance but in the way I act and even the way I think,  I have been in situations “out and about” where I have encountered people who know me as my male self

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to CDH.

Alice

Hi Dawn welcome to CDH it’s nice to meet you we are like one big happy family on here so don’t be shy come on in and join the family, I’m a mature crossdresser too I’ve been dressing most of my life since i was about 8 or 9 years old when i tried my older sister’s lingerie on I’m still in the closet to my wife, I’m sorry i can’t meet up with you for a coffee ☕ I’m on the other side of the pond in the UK, I’m sure there are lots of girls near to where you live who will be happy to meet up with you for a coffee and a chat I’m sure you will find lots of friends on here so if you have any questions just ask and the girls will get back to you, there are lots of girls on here from beginner’s to full time girls who dress 👗 24/7 we don’t judge anyone on here it’s a safe place for everyone we are all sister’s on here and will help anyway we can X 🎀

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Nice to hear from another eastern Iowan. Kathy.

Dawn –

Welcome to CDH.  You’ll find this to be a great place to meet others and get advice.  Be sure to check out the forums and articles, also be sure to check out the chat room.  Hope to see you in the chat room.

XOXO
      Suzanne

How wonderful! Dressing for better health! Spouses and SOs should know this, giggle!

Dawn, I agree the stress relief of dressing for me is huge my wife is health conscious I just wonder if she would agree that my Crossdressing should be part of my healthy lifestyle? I think it should be a daily occurrence kinda like a happy hour.

Jill to me keeping the desire and need to crossdress hidden from my family. And not being able to crossdress was a major factor in my stress and general anger. Since I started dressing both have been greatly reduced

Dawn, I’m positive my stress and sometimes being cranky would subside if my wife knew about and accepted my Crossdressing desire. Thanks for the response.

I would be eager to learn her response.

J J
      Lady

If you find dressing is such a big stress relief, be sure to impart that bit of health information to your spouse. I do not think most spouses understand why we dress, often time we don’t either, but they certainly won’t if we don’t tell them. I emphasize to my wife that I get a lot of pleasure from dressing, and while she is indifferent to it, she knows that since I enjoy it it she is fine with it. She wouldn’t know that if I didn’t tell her. Don’t just assume they will figure it out.

Hi Dawn and welcome to the CDH family. I’m glad you could join us. That is so neat you and your niece can spend time together doing what you both love to do. I’m sure she feels much happier also.

Rose

Thank you it has helped her in her transition.

I’m sure it has helped you too. You’re a lucky girl.

Rose

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Dawn happy to welcome you here. Our girls can be found everywhere . Browse our forums and learn about makeup, dressing and everything to better yourself to be as feminine as we can. Enjoy your time here and discover more as you explore our wonderful site.

Stephanie 🌹

Hiya dawn , I’m in a small town , have ya ever heard of lowden ?

Yes Diane it’s about 45 min from me.

Yeppers , used to do a lot of work in cr and had to make that drive every day

Hi Dawn,

I live near Rockford IL, not far east of you.  I am divorced and alone now, so nobody knows or care what I do.  I agree that cding can help relieve stress.  If  you need any advice or support, I’d be happy to help you.

Kerri

Hi Dawn nice to meet you and so happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here.. As a new sister and family member here you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also..  Well girlfriend there is so much to see and do here from reading the forums and posts from so many ladies here telling there stories about there journeys down the femme road they are on.. So when you get comfortable with us please join in with a story or two about the life and times of Dawn as she travels down her own girly path in life..  Also girl as for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with and best of all we are just a simple click away from you.. Please Dawn do us a small favor and return to your profile page and fill in more please as this is how we get to know you better.. Once again girlfriend nice to meet you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime soon..

Stephanie Bass

Where would I post the story of Dawn?

If your asking me Dawn go to the forums tab then scroll down to the general section then type away we love to hear about your life as a cd girl ..

Stephanie

I was recently rushed into hospital unable to breathe. The cause was a pulmonary embolism across both my lungs. This will go away but it could be 6 months or more.
      The doctors told me that whilst my embolism wouldn’t kill me, my heart pumping so hard to get the blood past the clot, could suddenly, and without warning, just stop. The sudden inablilty to breathe is a pointer that this is going to happen. I was lucky!

I was in hospital for four days…. I made some decisions.
      Needless to say, since leaving hospital, I have been dressed as Cerys for all but 4 days.I came out 3 weeks ago. On those 4 days, I either started or ended the day in Cerys mode. I am basically living as Cerys.
      I’m am now fully out to friends, family, neighbours and work. Not that I’m in work. I tried to return but lasted a few hours.

Yes it was a wake up call!!!!!

Cerys.

Hi Dawn, and greetings to all my sisters here on CDH who may see this.  Let me tell you about a wake up call in life!

I have been dressing forever, I am a trans woman who knew she was “different” at the age of 3/4. For me crossdressing was wearing boy’s clothing, as girls wear was what felt natural to me.  I transitioned 15 months ago after recovering from open heart surgery and reaching a point in my life where I knew it was time to be true to who I truly am and always have been.

Anyway, four months after I transitioned I received a call from my cardiologist. He wanted to know what was happening with me, said the results from my lab tests showed a dramatic and marked reduction in bodily stress levels.  I told him I was transgender and now living as a trans woman. He congratulated me, saying that living with that hidden all my life was quite possibly what contributed to my heart condition – stress! He said I’ve probably added another 15 years to my life.  Living my life and working as a trans woman every day has become so easy and natural that I don’t even think about it, and I can honestly say that I don’t get stressed! My co-workers have noticed and commented about how relaxed and laid back I am now compared to what I was like prior to transitioning.

That, girlfriends, is the result of responding to a definite wake up call in my life!

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

That is what happened to me ( minus the surgery) Doc had me on alot of meds but after my decision to dress again I am only on low dose aspirin. Internal stress is a killer, and sometimes you need to look in deep dark places to find the cause. Thank you Lauren

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Hi Dawn, and welcome!

This is a great place to make friends, get tips and advice, and generally just girl chat.

Glad you’re here!

💖Lola

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Hello Dawn,

*Please excuse my long delayed Greeting*

Welcome to our CrossDresser Heaven (CDH) site. So glad you have joined us here. Feel free to explore all that our site has to offer.

The Warmth, Compassion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.

Please do make use of the forums and articles or public chat room and friendships offered here on CrossDresser Heaven.

At any Membership level, You can contact any of us via Private Message (PM).  You can find that link on each member’s Wall under their Profile picture.

Also, you may find what you need from: The Help Center or our Ambassadors by using the links in the Top R/H Drop Down 3 bar Menu.

Here is a good link to review the membership levels and the privledges for each. Such as Private Chat (PC), Groups, Additional Photo Allowance, etc.

****** https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/membership-account/membership-levels/

Regards,

Terri Anne, Ambassador

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?