Notifications
Clear all

Fiona's three days from Heaven - Part 2.

59 Posts
20 Users
247 Thanks
Baroness Annual
Topic starter
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

Today is the first ever day that I have been able to present as Fiona in every waking minute.  I've done all of the various bits of the day en femme before: getting up in the morning, getting ready, going out, coming home, having a nice evening, going to bed - but never all in the same day, and even better it's a day all to myself with annual leave from work.  Once I realised it was going to happen, I wanted to fill the day with new experiences, so I put some plans together.  I'm sorry if I've been teasing you all without revealing them for the last couple of days on my earlier thread, but I hope you'll agree it was worth the wait.

Probably due to having done all the individual things before, everything in the list above already feels absolutely normal to me en femme.  It's definitely nicer to be able to do my full bathroom routine, get dressed and do my make-up at my own pace without having to worry about work I should be doing though 😉  Having had a quick catch-up with my OH on the phone I was out of my front door in my denim dress not long after 10am.  I've posted my complete look in my public photos.

So, what was the plan today?  (Or possibly, 'What on earth is that crazy Fiona girl going to get up to next?' 🤣 )  Well, today was always going to be fairly windy and wet, but I live about half an hour's drive from a city with a large indoor shopping centre with lots of big High Street brands, so it seemed like an ideal place for a girl to visit! 

The first new experience as Fiona today was driving off in my other car, the one with my initials in its registration.  It's larger than the one I went to the supermarket in, and automatic.  My pointy flat shoes have the thinnest soles I've ever driven in, they give me great control on the pedals so it was lovely and smooth.  In the rear view mirror on that car I can always see part of my face in the corner, and seeing Fiona smiling back was a joy, I definitely seem to look in it more when en femme!  A quick stop in town for fuel and on towards the city.  This is the first time that I've driven on a main road as Fiona, and already I notice that I'm more relaxed and less inclined to try to keep rigidly to my preferred speed.

I arrived at my destination and it took a while to find a parking space, about quarter of a mile out from the centre - this already said it was going to be busy inside.  Expecting the worst of the weather, I had brought my new hooded jacket with me, but it was still dry - if a little breezy.  So rather than lug it around with me all day, I decided to chance it and left the jacket in the car as I finally made my way inside. 

First stop was coffee, and like other girls here I deliberately chose a Starbucks because they take your name.  Being addressed as Fiona while presenting en femme was another little first for me today 🙂  I've kept the little sticky labels with my name on as a souvenir!  I sat on a tall stool and watched the world go by over the rim of my cup, quite familiar now with the total lack of reaction on the part of anyone else.

Then I strolled over to the large Boots store - for girls from outside the UK, they do pharmaceuticals & cosmetics, and it was the latter that I was there for.  Being a flagship store, they had the full setup for you to try products, with MUA's on hand to help. I smiled sweetly and asked if anyone could help me out with the basics I needed for contouring and eyeshadow, and was shown over to a station staffed by a sweet young girl.  Being an obvious middle-aged CD with only basic makeup skills, I did wonder if she'd see me as a tough gig, but on the contrary she seemed really excited to bring my face to life and make me look cute 🙂  She also told me I'd not done a bad job at all, very natural looking foundation which was a good match for my skin tone 😊  As she darted back and forth fetching products to try, one of the other MUA's came past who had the prettiest face I have ever seen on a male body, with absolutely flawless makeup (of course) - they looked amazing and I told them as much. 

I was on that stool in the middle of the store for most of an hour with other customers and MUA's coming and going all around me, and again no-one batted an eyelid. Eventually with a couple of handfuls of products - contour stick, eyeshadow, bronzer, highlighter and the correct brushes to apply them - it was time for the checkout.  Let's just say, some numbers came out of my bank account 😳 but the transformation of my face was wonderful and I also left with a load of samples and a nice swanky branded bag to carry it all in, so I was still one happy girl-about-town 😀  I hope I've managed to do some justice to the MUA's work with a new headshot in my public photos.

I was now just in time for the main event.  Yes that's right, the make-over - while something I had also wanted - wasn't the actual purpose of the trip, I had an appointment to keep!  I walked quite fast through the shopping centre with my bag of make-up over one arm and a great swing going on with the other.  I must have looked (and certainly felt) like a real woman in a hurry!  This time the destination was Marks & Spencer - a British institution, bastion of quality food and clothing retail and the go-to for reliable everyday lingerie - I'd booked a bra fitting! 

Again I was called by name as I arrived at the fitting rooms.  On the signup form I'd been completely up front (no pun, honest ma'am 😉 ) about being a male presenting as a woman and the lovely lady couldn't have been more accommodating.  She spent a whole hour with me, going above and beyond to ensure we found the most comfortable model for use with my normal forms: it was a toss-up between a 40B and 38C, with the latter just edging it on the fit.  As I suspected, my natural male chest turns out to be 38A and she found me some lovely pretty t-shirt bras without underwire for drab days, that don't gape at all.  I'd also brought one of my larger forms in my handbag and we confirmed that 38DD would be about as good a fit as I could get for them, although with the gore lifted a little from my sternum - which apparently isn't the shape that most bras are designed for, and caused the larger and sister-size alternatives both to dig in.  Eventually she helped me get the top half of my dress back on and, having picked up matching panties for the form bras, some more numbers came out of my bank account as I filled quite a big carrier bag of lovely new undies at the checkout.  Sorry, no photos of this aspect of my trip 😉 

It was now high time for lunch at the in-store cafe, but not before I'd used the Ladies' toilets for the first time.  No nerves at all going in through the different door than usual.  I just felt like I belonged there and, although I'm sure I'm still an obvious CD, the GG's present must have felt similarly.  They all seemed to accept me with not the slightest shock or fear in this most vulnerable setting, I received nothing but warm politeness and kind smiles in the mirror 🙂 

Then in the cafe, I noticed Fiona's slightly different tastes coming out again.  I wouldn't have chosen the cake I had with my coffee the other day in male mode, nor would I have chosen a smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich for lunch today, but a good pot of tea still works wonders to refresh me in either presentation.  Finally, bags in hand and out via the women's clothing department (I couldn't resist having a look and feel of some of the summer dresses) then the food hall - I had a request to fulfil for some Percy Pigs!  Non-UK ladies, you'll just have to look those up 🙂

I had about half an hour left on the parking, so I strolled slowly to the other end of the shopping centre down the side I'd not already been in, just enjoying feeling so natural being a different me.  Then back down the original side to my entry point, and out to the car.  I'd seen it being stormy and raining while I was in the cafe, but luckily it had all passed - the hooded jacket hadn't been needed after all! 

The drive home was smooth and uneventful and I arrived home having had another 5½ hours or so out in the world as Fiona - longer than all the rest of my daytime outings so far, added together.  This has been a big day, in every sense of the word.  I'm sorry that I've written half a novel about it - if you're still here, thanks for reading it all!  But it's been so worth it: after today and my excursion a couple of days ago, I feel completely accepted, validated and fulfilled as Fiona ... what more could a girl ask for 😍

Yours, contentedly
Fiona xxx

58 Replies
42 Replies
Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

Noble Member     Staffordshire, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona 

Wow Fiona, just wow!

So many big things in one day. 
This is going to inspire lots of people, me included.

I imagine you slept well after all of that.

Funny you should mention being calmer behind the wheel en femme. That’s definitely the same for me, and others on here have mentioned that in the past

Hugs

Lucy xx

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@lucyb112 

Thanks hon, but I'm not sure if I am going to sleep so well, to be honest.

Reflecting on today and also the other day, I'm not sure I can believe what I've just done, even though I know it was definitely me doing it.  My life has changed.  There's no hiding Fiona away behind drab me any more, both parts of me need to be present to those who are most important to me.  I did have plans for The Talk to happen in a couple of months' time, but now I rather think this Easter weekend is going to have to be the time.

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@finallyfiona 

I look back on my trips out sometimes and wonder how the heck I managed to do it. 
It’s been a while for me now, so that “how the heck” feeling is quite strong.

As I was reading about your day, I did wonder if this would make you think “the talk” needs to be had sooner rather than later.

Good luck with it if it does happen

Lucy x

Baroness
(@chrisfp99)

Noble Member     London , Kent, United Kingdom

Lovely account Fiona. How wonderful for you. I so hope the talk works out well for you. Do keep us updated xx.

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@chrisfp99 If it happens, I'm sure there's more than the merest possibility that I will end up, errrmmmm ... writing at least something about it on here 🙂  Thank you hon 🤗

Baroness
(@chrisfp99)

Fiona, we'll be on the edge of our seats ❤️ xx.

Lady
(@jillannquinn)

Prominent Member     Reno, Nevada, United States of America

@finallyfiona 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 for your success.

Duchess
(@jwhite)

Reputable Member     Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America

@finallyfiona What an exciting story and how well you planned the day.  You've inspired me for when I make the trip outside.

For a US girl, I appreciated your references and how my iPad allows me to look up. If I ever get to the UK, I definitely will try Percy Pigs!

xxx

Jamie

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@jwhite Thank you hon 🙂  Although I planned to have the day out today, other than the fitting which I did deliberately book to be just before lunch, from my point of view the course of the day just kind of evolved, really.  But delightfully 😊 

I'm not normally one for sweets but I can quite happily eat too many Percy Pigs.  They're actually a whole range of pig-themed sweets, I think all based around the same flavour.  I came away with one pack of the original fruity chewy pig-shaped ones, and another pack of fizzy pigtails 🙂

Duchess
(@jwhite)

Reputable Member     Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America

@finallyfiona it must feel great to have such a "fruitful" day!

Jamie

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona 

OH. MY. GOD.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart  

Today, Fiona Finlay, you're my spirit animal.

There is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to love about this, but I especially love the fact that you kept the sticky labels from Starbucks 🙂

You should put them in a little frame, and add the date.

Wowsers!

Big hugs

Ellie x

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@ellyd22 I got such a big smile reading this, your writing style has always spoken to me almost in pictures and I can just see your reaction 🤗

You know what, I damn well will frame those labels!  I had to stick them back to back but maybe I can turn them round inside the frame every now and then, to show either the coffee or the pain au chocolat for which my name was actually called.

Big hugs right back at you my lovely!

Fiona xxx

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@finallyfiona

Could you steam them apart? Or would that make the ink run?

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@ellyd22 It's an idea ... but I'm not sure I'd want to run the risk of ruining them both, for the sake of seeing them both at the same time, when there's so much emotional significance behind them.  I'd be happy with just seeing one at at time, either one says everything it needs to.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@ellyd22 I just did my accounts and I have the till receipt with my name on it too!  That has also been saved for posterity, although thermal print will normally fade over time.

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@finallyfiona

Scan it before it fades.

Enlarge the image.

Print it.

Have that as the background for the framed Starbucks label 🙂

Lady
(@annaredhead)

Estimable Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona you could always scan or photograph it

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona 

Ohhh, Fiona! It was well worth the wait! I loved reading this, and I am in awe of you! Marvellous!

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@jacquelinelarkspur Honey thank you so much 🤗  I still think you were more daring in your night out in Leeds, that was in the dark!  Now there's a thought ... 🤩

Lady
(@jillannquinn)

@finallyfiona chapter 2 looked long, just glancing at it, but it felt like a fairly short read. That only occurs when a writer does a great job of pulling her audience in and holding them there with her great writing skills, as if in a trance. And I was! I was right there with you! It sure seemed like I was, at least. What a magnificent day you had! I love these kind of stories, these coming-out-of-the-shadows stories with all their little successes and triumphs along the way. Thank you, Fiona, for being us all along on such a delightful day. 

Big hugs, Jill

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@jillannquinn Honey, thank you so much! 🤗 That's such a nice thing to say, I'm really touched 😊

Big hugs right back,
Fiona xxx

Lady
(@jillannquinn)

@finallyfiona you are most welcome.

Hugs, Jill

Baroness
(@alexina)

Noble Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona 

Hi, Fiona.

Let me just pick my jaw back up off the floor!

I think my mum would have agreed that you have way surpassed the criteria for gie'n it laldy😳😳👗

And what a beautifully written account, you convey real emotion in your description of each stage of your day. I think you just set the bar for, not only what you have accomplished but also the speed in which you've gotten here.

I hope with all my heart that your OH sees the courage her beautiful partner has and embraces the whole you.

Like the others, I await your account of the next huge step 🤞

Allie x

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@alexina Allie dear, you have just made me cry with your lovely words, I'm absolutely ... speechless, for once! 

Heart  

Baroness
(@alexina)

Noble Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona

Every word meant, every word true and every word deserved.

Allie hands Fiona a box of tissues

Hugs 

Allie x

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@alexina Seriously, you're going to set me off again at this rate!  Thanks for the tissues though 🙂

Fiona xxx

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@finallyfiona 

*Ellie arrives too late with her own box of tissues. Seeing that Fiona already has an adequate supply, she draws a smiley face on the box in crayon, leaves it at the side of the room, and departs as quietly as she came*

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@ellyd22 *Hugs* I know it was you dear, thank you 🙂

Duchess
(@missylinda)

Noble Member     Ft Worth, Texas, United States of America

@finallyfiona just an average day in the life of Fiona right?  WOW!!! You needed more hours in the day.  You did a lot of what we dream to do all in one trip. Soooo happy for you.  Going back tomorrow?  Hugs. Lorraine

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@missylinda I don't think Fiona's had enough days for an average expectation to have been established yet!  You're not wrong about wanting more hours though.  I really didn't want to take my make-up off and go to bed last night, I was up well into the wee small hours.  Today I'm going back to the OH, and we are going to have The Talk.

Duchess
(@missylinda)

Noble Member     Ft Worth, Texas, United States of America

@finallyfiona I hope allgoes well with “ the talk”.  Good to do it on your terms, ( time , place, prepared).   We are looking for a good outcome.hugs. Lorraine

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

Reputable Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona Well Fiona, I am a little late catching up on this, but I must add my heartfelt congratulations on all that you achieved that day, and on the way you wrote about it.

I have an inkling that I am familiar with the mall you went to, so as I read your account I was walking through the mall step by step with you, cheering you on, patting you on the back at each stage and cheering you on to the next.

I had noticed the time at which you had posted responses to one or two other forums (early hours of this morning!) and thought *Yep, Fiona really doesn't want the day to end does she*. And who could blame you. What a wonderful day, what an amazing step forward and what a beautiful way to start the New Normal.

Happy Woman Face

Enormous hugs, Rebecca xxx

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@fembecky Thank you Becky *hugs back*

I'll write more another time, but I've come out to my OH and the world didn't end ... yet.  That she didn't throw me straight out on my ear I'm taking as a good sign for now.  No surprise that there is somewhat of an atmosphere, she's obviously processing rather a lot right now, although she has asked me questions from time to time which I've answered openly and honestly.  We're going to have a day out in the campervan tomorrow, go somewhere nice, take some lunch with us, make cups of tea and sit and talk. 

Baroness
(@chrisfp99)

Fiona, all our thoughts are with you. Hope it goes well lovely xx.

Baroness Annual
(@fembecky)

Reputable Member     Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona Well done for coming out - not easy at all. We are all here to support and encourage you. Have a good day, and just be normal as usual so your OH is assured she is not loosing anything. I'll be sending good vibes your way all day 🙂 .

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@finallyfiona

Oh wow. 

Fiona ... I'll be thinking of you all day today.

MASSIVE hugs

Ellie x

Ambassador
(@lucyb112)

@finallyfiona 

Really hope things go well for you Hon. 

Big Hugs

Lucy x

(@samanthaxxxx)

Reputable Member     London, London, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona you truly are inspiring Fiona well done sweetheart x

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@samanthaxxxx Thank you Samantha 🙂  Lots has happened since Thursday, I'm going to write an update thread.

Lady
(@amydoll)

Estimable Member     Leicestershire, United Kingdom

@finallyfiona Hi Fiona, what an absolutely brilliant post!  Thanks so much for sharing as it's inspired me to take another outing en femme and try to pluck up the courage to interact with people (albeit it will probably just take all my nerve to buy a coffee- a bra fitting is a long way off!).

Coincidentally, the one time I was brave enough to go into a shop and buy something (albeit at a self-service till...) was...you guessed it...Percy pigs from M&S!  Great minds!

Seriously, I'm so happy for you that you're out living your life - its really inspirational!

Amy X

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@amydoll I'll think of you when I dip into the packet (I'm being a good girl, there are still some left, honest!)

Seriously, you go for it girl, if my little tale above is helping to encourage you then that's a great outcome - I'll be there in spirit walking with you 🙂  

I'm certainly am going to be very much living my life this summer, I'll be going 24/7 as far as possible for some months.  I'm sure I'll be writing something about that as it progresses, at the risk of over-sharing (!) I might start a blog thread.

Hugs,
Fiona xxx

Lady
(@lillie)
Estimable Member     South Carolina, United States of America

Fiona, Very nice account of your day. Glad you had a great time.

Lynne

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@lillie Thank you 🙂  Somehow I don't think I'm going to be able to top today, although that isn't going to stop me having fun trying!

Baroness Annual
(@d44)
Noble Member     New York, United States of America

Fiona

That is wonderful full first day out and about story. A bra fitting, makeover, ladies room, lunch in the cafe - a day filled with "firsts". So happy for you!

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@d44 Thank you!  What surprised me most was just how normal everything felt - wonderful of course, but at the same time, nothing outside of the ordinary, despite these things all being my first time.  This is speaking volumes to me about how Fiona and my drab self are two aspects of the same life.

Hugs
xxx

Hostess
(@ab123)
Famed Member     Surrey, United Kingdom

Well Fiona that was a blockbuster of a trip, planned and executed in style. Lots of good points for girls thinking of doing some or all of the same. The makeup experience is always priceless and hope you remembered everything you were shown as the difference, well, makes a difference. Bra fitting is perhaps a thing a lot wouldn't consider but the results are well worth it. 

The best thing, you just went about your day mixing as any girl would. as for bags of shopping and a depleted bank account, that's what a woman does.

Thanks for the pics and sharing a grand day out.

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@ab123 I must stop answering posts on this thread and go draw some makeup diagrams and write things down, while I can still remember them!  But not before I agree completely with you and note my admiration for the work of the fitting lady.  I changed into some of my new lingerie under my dress a few hours ago, and I can now say, my word was she good 🙂  I now have lovely boobs and I can barely feel my bra is even there 😊  I really have had a full day as a woman today, in every sense of the words.

Fiona xxx

Lady
(@kerrismith)
Honorable Member     Belvidere, Illinois, United States of America

Fiona,

That is quite an outing you had.  I’ve done a few of the things you did but have never been out that long as Kerri.  I’m afraid my whiskers would grow out in Less than five and a half hours.

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@kerrismith Yes, with a couple of hours of makeup etc. between shaving and going out, I thought I was probably going to be on the limit of the makeup's ability to hide the 5 o'clock shadow by the time I got back.  I deliberately didn't shave yesterday in order to get a closer shave today, but I'm still pleasantly surprised.  Even now, over 6 hours later, the magnifying mirror shows it starting right at the bottom of my chin and jawline where the angle means you never quite get the same cut on it, but the rest is still just about clear.

(@rebeccabaxter)
Prominent Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

Well done Fiona, well done indeed. Only one thing will top that and that's the talk with the SO...in time, perhaps.

Becca

4 Replies
Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@rebeccabaxter Thank you hon 🙂 Like I said to Lucy above, I rather think that time has now come.  It's got to be this weekend.  The New Normal awaits 🙂

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@finallyfiona

I've got everything crossed for you; fingers, toes and eyes.

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@ellyd22 Thank you lovely! 🤗  Make sure the wind doesn't change or you'll stay like that! 😉

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

@finallyfiona 

It might be an improvement.

Hostess
(@cdsue)
Noble Member     Delaware, United States of America

.Fiona -

What an exciting time out for you. So many things accomplished with wonderful results. 

XOXO
Suzanne

1 Reply
Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)

@cdsue The results of yesterday's trip go a lot deeper than having improved my presentation, I can assure you.  But that doesn't stop them being wonderful, if anything, even more so 🙂

Fiona xxx

Baroness Annual
(@secretpassions)
Noble Member     Wisconsin, United States of America

Fiona,

Thanks for sharing this beautifully written story of your amazing day! 
Best of luck with your next big step,

Give Love Lara

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?