DC/Bal area event - Red Dress Event Feb 10, 2024

24 Posts
7 Users
27 Thanks
Ambassador
Topic starter
(@melodeescarlet)
Noble Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

Hi all! The DC area Meetup group has just posted their somethingth annual Red Dress Event! It's Feb 10th, 2024 at 9pm at The Lodge in Boonsboro, MD.

https://www.meetup.com/washington-transgender-meetup/events/298003977/

It was one of my first big events last year and it's a fun evening! If anyone localish has any questions, lemmeno! 🙂

23 Replies
7 Replies
Lady
(@dubs3)

Active Member     bel air, Maryland, United States of America
(@jacquelinelarkspur)

Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

Oh, how I would have loved to be able to attend this event! 

15 years or so ago, when I managed to have a series of nights out at the local LGBTQ+ scene, red was my signature colour. I had a small collection of dresses in various shades of red, which has always been my favourite colour anyway.

The DC Red Dress Event sounds amazing, and the venue looks brilliant. Bit far to come from the UK, though!

@dubs3 Shelia, please ditch those doubts! As a crossdresser you are part of the sisterhood, and we girls watch out for each other. Sort out a fabulous frock, add the other bits and pieces, glam yourself up and get yourself along. I promise you (even though I'm on the other side of the Atlantic) you'll be welcomed with open arms, just as you are here on CDH.

You go, girl!

Lady
(@dubs3)

@jacquelinelarkspur Thank you for the kind words. I summtimes feel out of place but i love wearing womens clothes. I hope we can become friends

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

I meant every one of them, honey.

You must never feel out of place or as if you don't belong here. All of us girls on CDH have one thing in common, and because of that we're all friends.

(@nichole)

New Member     North Carolina, United States of America

@melodeescarlet Hi Melodee, I'm planning on attending. Can you tell me a little about the que to get into the Lodge, what the door is like? Is it a loud dance club atmosphere, or more intimate and dark? Thank you in advance.

Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)

@nichole Hi Nichole. The building is surrounding by parking area, so depending on what's free when you get there you might be able to park 10' from the door, or 100'.

When you enter there's a small vestibule where you may wait to pay the cover (I think it's $8 or $10). The line moves quickly, but if it's cold or wet out, you won't be outside having to wait.

The inside is effectively divided in half by the bar - one half has small tables and is slightly quieter (in as much as a single room can be so), and the other half has the dancefloor and will be louder. All of it is fairly dimly lit.

If you go, please find me and say hi! 🙂

Lady
(@jo2je)

Eminent Member     Wisconsin, United States of America

Nooooo, I have to work! I’m a couple hours away but this sounds amazing! 

Lady
(@dubs3)

What if you are not good at makeup or wearing a wig. I have not progressed to that point. Do girls show up just in a dress?

8 Replies
Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)

@dubs3 Hiya Shelia! This upcoming one will only be my second RDE, but last year all the girls that arrived were 'done up' - makeup and wigs. I would note though that you can likely find an Ulta or Sephora to get a makeover session scheduled. You could either do that the day of the RDE and walk in with the professional job, or go earlier and have them teach you the tricks of the trade.

As for wigs, mine are $20 Amazon basics. If you have that kind of disposable cash, go pick out one or two that you like and see how they look! Wigs are really as simple as they seem.

As I tell many girls, the 'right' time never comes and you'll eventually have your first time out. Might as well get to it so you can have your second time out! 😉

Lady
(@dubs3)

@melodeescarlet I feel i wont be accepted because I am new to dressing up.

Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)

@dubs3 Girl, I can tell you this - any CD/TG group that doesn't accept you because 'you're new' or 'you don't look right' is not any group you want to be a part of anyway. I will know at least 75% of the girls at the event well and I can assure you that every one of them will be welcoming.

From my own position, CDing is very much a damn the torpedoes kind of mentality. What matters is that you go out comfortable with yourself. You still have a month, so if you want to have a certain look, then make a plan. Think about what you want to wear - clothes, shoes - and how you want to look - makeup, wig - and put that plan in motion.

There are absolutely ways to make this happen, girl. 🙂

Lady
(@dubs3)

@melodeescarlet I am going to try to make this an event I will make it to. Thank you for youre advice

Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)

@dubs3 Fabulous! I'll be there, you'll see me because I'll be in red 😉

Lady
(@dubs3)

@melodeescarlet Ill look for you

Lady
(@chanel)

Reputable Member     New Jersey, United States of America

@dubs3 I have numerous years of experience with wigs, if you would like advice, info. Just message me and I will provide everything I can think of! Also- check the social thread here from about a week ago regarding buying a wing for your face shape. It might be helpful.

CD

Lady
(@dubs3)

@chanel I want to go to the event but i think a small wig fits me better. Im so nervous about being in public

Lady
(@dubs3)

I purchased a small wig. I just feel it fits me better. What do you think

2 Replies
Lady
(@chanel)

@dubs3 That’s great!! I’m very happy for you! I hope you’re having fun wearing it and brushing it into different styles. If you don’t have one, buy a round brush and wig pik. They are so helpful when styling your wig. How is the makeup going?

Lady
(@chanel)

@dubs3 Shelia,  did you put together an outfit yet? And shoes? We want you to look your best!

Ambassador
Topic starter
(@melodeescarlet)

A week from tomorrow, for those of you attending! 🙂

3 Replies
Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@melodeescarlet After the week I've had at work, I feel like shouting a few obscenities at some senior managers, throwing my red dress and some lipstick in a suitcase and flying out to join you 🙁

God, that would be so good.

Can I stay over?

Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)

@ellyd22 Well, we're getting a hotel room, but you're welcome to the sofa bed!

looks at the little sofa and if it really is a sofa bed or if Ellie's gonna hafta scrunch up 🤔 

Ambassador
(@ellyd22)

Illustrious Member     Norfolk, United Kingdom

@melodeescarlet *Ellie looks dubiously at her own body and wonders, not for the first time, whether she's actually that scrunchable any more*

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?