If we’re only counting people who also know me in guy-mode (so, not anyone who I met specifically as Vanessa and have avoided showing my guy side to), then…
- My roommate (ex-girlfriend), first person I ever told, shortly after I started dressing up in July of 2019. I’m pretty sure she suspected I was interested in crossdressing before then, as she had talked about wanting to do makeup on me and suggested I dress up as a girl for Halloween one year.
- My younger sibling (non-binary, they-pronouns) who was completely accepting as well.
- A friend from college, whose first reaction when I sent a picture was “oh my gosh [guy name], you’re so beautiful as a woman!” 🥰
- Another friend from college, who at first (due to a previous conversation the same night) thought the picture I sent was a girl I liked rather than… me as a girl, haha.
- A friend of my roommate, older lady who’s a bit eccentric and generally accepting of weird things of all sorts. She’s probably the person I know least-well out of the people I’ve told, but I just happened to feel comfortable enough to tell her when roommate suggested it. She hasn’t actually met Vanessa but has been shown a few pictures.
There’s also two people I initially talked to as Vanessa (through Grindr 😅) but ended up meeting as my guy-self instead of as Vanessa, though they’ve both seen me as Vanessa a few times too since I’m comfortable around them either way. Both trans women, one who lives (or lived? I haven’t heard from her in a month or so now) in the same town and the other who’s unfortunately a 2-hour drive away so I haven’t gotten to see her in a long time.
So… that’s a total of 7 people who know me in guy-mode and are also aware of Vanessa being a thing. I’m not sure when that number might get bigger, but maybe someday I’ll feel comfortable telling more people…