Jessica Smith
Participant
Registered On: July 15, 2019
Topics: 1
Replies: 13

For me, dressing is not a hobby. In physical terms, I dress, but I identify as transgender, non-binary. As such, I am dressed 80% to 90% of the time when I leave my house.

I’ve been a car person since childhood. I discovered Indy cars about 1955 and Formula 1 in 1961. American Phil Hill was the 1st World Driving Champion for here. I was fortunate to meet him about 15 years ago, a few years before he passed away. There are very few touring series that run in the US that I have not seen somewhere. The list starts with Formula 1, extends to Legends Cars and everything in between. The middle 2 shelves contain most of my collection of motorsports books; many have been autographed by their authors and notable drivers who appear in the books. Some other interesting ones that are elsewhere:

• BEAST, The Top Secret Illmore-Penske Race Car That Shocked the World at the 1994 Indy 500 by Gurss
  • PROTOTYPES, The History of the IMSA GTP Series by Martin & Wells
  • CORVETTE THUNDER, 50 Years of Corvette Racing 1953-2003 by Friedman
  • PANOZ LMP 1 Roadster S, Back To The Future by Ingram
  • HURLEY, From The Beginning by Haywood & Cridland

Over the years, I’ve owned some unusual cars: 1972 Honda 600 Coupe and a 1970 Lotus Elan +2S. I have never owned a car with an automatic. I’ll confess to lusting after Minis since the early 60’s. At the end of Summer, 2009 I finally bought one and I still have it!! 2009 factory John Cooper Works MINI Clubman. 2009 was the 2nd year for the Clubman body shell and the 1st year for the factory John Cooper Works drivetrain option. It has 208hp and will do 147mph. After having it a few months, I found out that it is one of only about 120 cars imported in 2009 with that body shell/drivetrain combination out of 45,225 cars.

Other Interests…

Up until 3 1/2 years ago, I was a road cyclist good for 55 to 60 miles. However, I had  a mild stroke and the most significant after effect was that my sense of balance is ~80% of what it used to be. I think it is close to being recovered enough, so I’ve been fixin’ ta’ get back on the bike. Compounding this is that I had just taken delivery of a new road bike (a carbon Ritchey BreakAway with full 11spd Campagnolo Chorus drive train) just before the stroke. It has ~50 miles on it. It was a replacement for my steel BreakAway with 10spd Centaur that had been stolen. I also follow professional cycling.

I’m a big fan of Mid-Century Architecture, with a particular leaning to the works of Frank Lloyd Wright. Over the years I’ve been to a number of Wright structures, including Taliesin West, his Oak Park, IL home, Unity Chapel, the Robie House and the Marin County Offices.

I am a retired mechanical engineer, but for 6 years I made my living doing computer programming using Fortran, BASIC and database languages. I also did discrete event simulation for 2 years using GPSS/H and AutoMod. Six years ago I built a Hackintosh. It is a machine with generic Intel PC hardware, but running the MacOS operating system. It has been my primary desktop machine since I built it. Note the vintage Macintoshes as bookends on the shelf. I fired them up just after we moved 4 years ago, so I assume they still run.

Since I retired and relocated to the SoCal desert, I’ve been involved with the LGBT community here. I was a Board Member and Treasurer for our local trans group and also Digital Media Coordinator for our local HRC group. I did both functions for about 2 years and then resigned. Currently I am the Volunteer Coordinator for Palm Springs Pride.

have you thought of trying a recumbent trike? They can be a lot of fun and don’t require balance

3 users thanked author for this post.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.