I really felt totally at ease everywhere I went – you’re right, it was like walking on air, and I did a lot of walking!

Some of that is down to my own attitude of “I don’t deserve any bad vibes, and I am jolly well going to send out positive ones and have a good time no matter what”, but the rest is down to the people I encounter – it’s all very well having a positive attitude, but if it’s not reciprocated, things can get very uncomfortable.

I was out and about all day, so it can’t just be luck – I encountered grumpy people in both Bournemouth and even Brighton who genuinely couldn’t seem to get their heads around the concept of a cross dresser just being a normal person who deserves as much respect as anyone else. Portsmouth was striking in the almost total lack of visibly and vocally prejudiced idiots.

The best people to encounter are those who are accustomed to dealing with the general public, as it’s part of the job function to treat people nicely – and the general trend is that a cross dresser is a bit of a novelty for such folk, and they really warm to the encounter if you’re nice to them and simply expect them to be professional and do their jobs.

These interactions are total boosters, so, if you’re out en femme, do engage with as many as possible, by simply treating them as lovely people (unless they prove otherwise, which is rare!) – to brighten up their day as well as your own!

Positivity, people!

Love Laura

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?