Hi Crystalline,  This is what worked for me.  I also had no skill in makeup but wondered why I was being misgendered and what were people seeing in me.  So, after much researching and experimenting (I always just couldn’t get it figured out on my own) I had lunch with Jenee Davis through an arranged meeting.  Jenee is drop dead beautiful and she kindly advised me to find an expert artist and then PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE!  I say this because I think that she almost yelled it in my ear.  I traveled about 50 miles and saw three experts in my area at an average cost of about $300 each.  I figured that I used to pay about 1K for 3  university credits so that was a good personal learning investment and worth every penny.  Then I practiced a lot on my own.  So that was my take away and start into makeup and at least now I’m at ease when doing my own.  It seems that the Boston area might be near you so if I was near there these are the people that I would try to see for a lesson.  “Natasha and Tabitha of My Changing Room, Scarlett’s Makeovers, and Amber Lynne Makeup Artist”.  I would call them and discuss exactly what I wanted to learn.  I would try to keep it simple and avoid getting a photo package….just wanting to learn to start doing useful, simple, and realistic makeup.  If possible take pics, notes or video of the lesson so you can repeat it again and again at home since first lessons can be overwhelming.  I had also tried with great frustration to learn the ways of makeup using the net but my visits to the professionals made all the difference for me.  Oh, and one thing that really helped me that I learned was using cake eyeliner.  It’s like a solid paint tablet that you touch with a wet skinny artist paint brush and then paint carefully on the eye.  For me it works perfectly and I can get just the consistency and placement that I want without  lumping and smears.   I hope that this helps you.  Marg

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?