Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Girls ,

While riding my stationary bike this week I saw an episode of Barney miller this week with a crossdresser in the episode.

For those younger girls “Barney miller” was a sit com about detectives in New York City in the 70’s that took place in their police station.

I am always excited to see a cross dresser on TV but on this episode the cross dresser was arrested.

He was arrested For a “Unclassified Misdemeanor”

Basically because he was dressed as a woman in public as night.

At first I was really mad as they were using this crossdresser as a comedy subject of course and making their juvenile Jokes about this cross dresser .

However there was a very bright spot to this for me.

I will list all the good points about our fictitious crossdresser.

The crossdresser was dressed very nicely and had a nice wig and make up.

She was cooperative at all times with the police and asked why am I being arrested I haven’t been bothering any one and I wasn’t breaking the law.

This crossdresser was portrayed as a ex Marine war veteran with a silver star and two purple harts .

The Crossdresser was a truck driver and was struggling with leaving the station in day light and who to call to bring him his guy cloths so he didn’t get seen in day light.

Although I was mad and related so well with this character I was so proud how they portrayed this person as an average Joe but a war hero who couldn’t explain why he liked being feminine he just did.

So as always good or bad I am glad to see crossdressers on TV and it gave me view from the past on our plight.

Sorry it was so long winded and may be boring I just thought it was interesting Girls.

Hugs Patty

Hi Patty,

I remember watching Barney Miller as a kid but I’m suprised I don’t recall that episode. Heck, I’ve been dressing since I was four so you’d think it would stand out to me! I’ll have to look it up.

My first memory of a “trans” subject on TV was an episode of Love Boat where one of the passengers was the childhood best friend of a crew member but has now transitioned. I remember thinking…”Wait. What? Is that possible?” Turns out it is!😊

-Jen

I remember that episode Patty. Barney Miller was one of the most forward thinking police related shows ever. Best portrayal of community policing in popular culture. Although most people wouldn’t recognize it as that, it was way ahead of its time. Could use a little more Barney Miller these days.

Best,
      Clara

Hi Clara,

you are absolutely right it did show how police can deal with people on a personal level for sure.

I really did enjoy the subtle humor of the show.

Thanks for the input sweetie.

Huggs Patty

Hi Jennifer ,

I only have antenna TV in our bedroom so it was just lucky I caught the episode.

Though I got angry at a crossdresser being arrested for just being in a disguise as they said .

which is a good excuse to arrest someone for being outside of what is acceptable.

I di like how they portrayed this crossdresser as a normal every day person that has a desire to enjoy his feminine side.

I thought it really brought our perspective and tribulations out some on the Show.

I so love when a crossdresser is portrayed on Media as long s its in a good light.

we need more characters to be on TV now days.

Thank you for sharing

Huggs Patty

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?