Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello ladies, not sure if this subject was ever talked about. But where do you buy or what brand active wear do y’all wear? I’ve seen several options at local plus size ladies stores for myself, but I’ve heard about fabletics and the have a brick and mortar store near me. So let’s talk about leggings, sports bras, lengths, styles  in workout wear ….. and GO!!!

I run a lot, wear sports leggings a lot, admittedly usually black or blue Nike from womenswear. Keeps my old muscles warm when it’s cold (most of the time in Scotland) and don’t soak up water like cotton if it’s raining ( a lot of the time🤣). Prefer full length, don’t really see the point of 3/4 length.

Also wear a sports bra when temp drops, keeps nipples cosy, prevents chaffing, and woman’s lycra (spandex) tee as a base layer.

Practical and feels good.

Love

B

K Swim
      Lady

Since my dressing preference is swimsuits, yes.

Hi Gina,

If you’re planning to buy a sports bra be sure to try it on before you buy.  They can run small and offer different levels of support depending on your activity like running, walking, yoga.  If you plan to be very active look at a high impact sports bra.  If you plan to wear forms look for a sports bra with separate cups.  For relaxing or running errands you likely will want a low impact sports bra.  Pair with running tights to keep your legs warm.

Alice

Oh honey I always try on before pulling the trigger! Lol. I stay away from high impact bras, way too tight to try and get on this big ol body. Some of the low impact ones are way better.

I wear leggins to the gym I find there better for training in when doing floor work

Anonymous

Hi Gina , I’m another who wears female active wear , leggings – full length or 3/4 , shorts  , tees if I can find one for my shoulders , ASICS female trainers – blue with pink trim. Female tracksuits , hoodies in cooler months. My favourite brand is Rockwear ( in Australia ) , my wife & I do exercise classes together.

Anonymous

This is one of my favorite things to wear. I love leggings and spandex. I have found that I am more comfortable in a sports bra or workout tank with built in bra than any other type bra.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I wear leggings frequently and sports bras often.

Anonymous

If I wear a bra it is likely to be a sports bra, unless the outfit requires a pretty bra. I own fabletics tights but save them for really cold days on the moors.

Sian x

How are they? Saw the deals there running. Fit? Comfort?

I wear sports bra and love my leggings. I wear a fabulous brand Tikiboo they have some gorgeous designs for us active wear ladies. X

Hi Gina,

Glamorize has some larger band sports bras you may find at the Hanes brands outlet stores.  The Hanes associates will do a bra fit if you request one.
      Alice

Usually what is available at Wal-Mart or Target, and I also buy from Hibbet sports and a few other stores plus Amazon has a huge selection of sport bras for next to nothing prices.

Usually Avia workout slacks or capris, Cabales sports bras, both normal shoulder strap style and racer back for under my work t-shirt and body armor ( so I can fully underdress at work).  Tights and leggings for winter insulation at work or even just regular daily wear, yoga pants, stretch work out tops, etc.

Really just about anything you see the GG’s wearing at the gym, I even wear lavender Women’s Starter running shoes at the gym.

PaulaF

I generally prefer wearing skirts to leggings. Walking outdoors in the summer months, or if the weather is bad and I have to use my treadmill in the basement, I’ll wear a short skirt or skort and tank top.  As I continued to walk outdoors, as the cooler months approached I realized I would need to get some leggings; not necessarily for warmth but to fit in (or not stand out),   I bought a few pairs from Costco.  I have used them a number of times, and stay in them, sometimes for short errands.

A I have recently bought an ankle length nylon quilted coat, I could get away with a skirt and tights if I wanted since only a few inches of my legs are visible below the coat.

As to footwear, I have found that my feet perspire more in the new specialty shoes.  I prefer the old fashioned canvas sneakers (even as a guy).  I went a number of years with a Lane Bryant pink canvas sneaker until it wore out.  Now I’m wearing pink Chuck Taylor All Stars when I walk.  I know exactly what size to get because I usually wear an all black pair, which I could wear when en femme too.

Gina they fit very well and are comfortable to wear all day not just when running or working out.

Hi Gina,

I love wearing leggings and a sports bra when I work out and when my daughter isn’t home I wear leggings around the house.

I am not brand dedicated though I do like under armor and reebok which I buy second hand on Poshmark.Too pricey new.

also I have some Avia snakeskin print leggings I bought at wally world that are the most comfortable ones I have (that’s the only reason I bought the snake skin print honestly its a little wild but they are satin feeling).

My favorite sports bra honestly is a danskin.

It fits well and is comfortable

Patty

Anonymous

I won’t wear leggings, I only tuck if I really have to, so in active wear I look like a poorly ‘hung’ ballet dancer.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/members/985anythinggoes/mediapress/workout-yoga-clothes/underarmour-sports-bra-fav/

I enjoy work out clothes! It’s a bit more work to pull off but I have got better over time!

Anonymous

Target and Walmart is where I shop for just about everything. Over this past year I have gotten more comfortable shopping in the woman’s department and trying on jeans in the fitting rooms. Haven’t worked up the nerve to take a dress to the fitting room or shop while in Keelee mode.

Anonymous

I love wearing active wear!  My legs look so sleek and smooth.  I love the gentle squeeze of my sports bra, the strappy the better.

Jillian

Anonymous

I love active wear, so comfy, practical and sexy. Usually by Hyba wear from Reitman’s here in Canada. I have leggings, sports bras, tops and jackets as wells a few golf skirts and shirts. I actually find I get a better swing in a skirt than pants and I stay a lot cooler.

Anonymous

I love wearing active wear! I love the smooth tight feel of spandex. I find Nike volleyball shorts to be a great substitute for panties. I have also found Facebooks marketplace to be a great source to purchase nice quality sports bra’s and leggings for next to nothing. I wear leggings under my jeans male work clothes in the winter and spandex shorts in the summer without being worried if the guys will notice. I also will wear a spandex workout top under my shirts and jacket at times. It’s thrilling to feel girly and sexy without the guy’s ever having a clue to my little secret

I recently have made the jump to athletic wear and I am not turning back. They are way too comfortable especially when working from home all day during the pandemic. Now i know why women wear them all day and everywhere. I bought four affordable pieces from Old Navy when they were on sale for %50 off. They seem to have frequent weekly sales and are a great bargain. The first pair was VERY soft and silky high-waisted (I’m still working on losing the muffin top) full length yoga leggings. The second was the same type in shorts. The third was high-compression high-waisted full length leggings and the fourth was a racer back sports bra which is also very soft and so comfortable. I highly recommend them.

Love the look and feel of active wear especially with spandex. I have swimsuits sports bras and capri yoga pants I run or bike in. You can then trow on a long tunic top and run errands in public

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?