Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi, I’ve been feeling under the weather for a while so not on much. I’m on my third attempt to transition with Estradiol Valerate. I did a couple of short one month stints earlier in the year, but quit for different reason. I am around 7 weeks into it this time, with Spiro blocker, and have been having some terrible digestion issues. Saw doc yesterday and he said to stop the EV and Spiro for now, and prescribed a laxative, as Miralax only helped me a little. Lots of pain, bloating, and feeling unwell lately. Has this happened to any of you? I’ve never felt this way and I’m a bit nervous, to be honest.

Kelly
      Lady

Yes it was the same for me initially. My NP dropped the Spiro, and replaced it with Finasteride which helped tremendously. I switched about 3 months ago and still have gas and bloating issues sometimes. I wish I had answers for you as well as myself. Don’t give up sweetie.

Kelly

Bump. Anybody else have this issue? I haven’t experienced pain like this in a looong time. Getting really bummed out.

Had to go to ER for pain, discomfort after eating. Gallbladder has sludge and stones and I was told I need to have it removed soon. Not good. One miserable person here.

Well, I am two days post-op. Gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy). Endured more pain than any human should have to prior to surgery, but resting comfortably at home after being discharged late this morning from the hospital. Other than a strange feeling in my abdomen, like things have been cut into and moved about (surgery, duh) and mobility issues, I can’t complain. The pain from hell is gone and I can eat again. My transition is officially over, as I said if I had to stop yet again for any reason, I’d take it as a message that it wasn’t to be, but I am ok with that. I am who I am, and I’ll do what I want with my appearance, and nobody has to like it but me. Glad to be (sorta) back! I have some rest to catch up on…

And, as an addendum, I think years of terrible eating habits is the main culprit for the literal necrosis of my gallbladder. Other things may have helped it ever so slightly over the edge, but eating bad foods has got to be public enemy number one.

Anonymous

Beth, let me start by saying I am not a doctor, just to be clear.

In your initial post, you wrote about a few short, one month stints of spiro and estradiol. I’m sure you know that is not good, hon. Hrt is hard on your body. Puberty is crazy enough the first time, and then your body didn’t have to undo things to make changes like it does now. Starting, stopping, starting again is a brutal thing to put your body through.

Moreover, a one month stint is hardly going to have any positive effects anyway. It takes a bit of time for the t-blockers to get your levels down, and without low t, the estradiol isn’t going to have much effect. In starting and stopping, all you’re doing is punishing your body for nearly no gain.

I’m assuming you know all this by this point, but I’m posting it anyway for any other girls who may be considering hrt. If one is going to take this path, one must be committed to continuity of treatment. Either do or do not, doing it sometimes is not good at all.

I hope you’re feeling better.

As I have mentioned, I am done trying. Little aches and pains from surgery, but healing now. I will reiterate that I believe decades of unhealthy eating were the main culprit, but other factors surely didn’t help.

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Glad that you have go this sorted.  As you have mentioned this was not directly related to your transitioning or your hormones that you are taking, but to a common condition that many people suffer from.

It is often the case that people will assume that because you are transitioning, then all your medical complaints must be related to transitioning – but often they are not.

Its often called the ‘broken wing syndrome’ – the wing is obviously broken but the debate centres on aspects not related to the injury or the treatment as these are clouded by perceptions of unrelated external factors such at other medical conditions, long term illnesses,  or disabilities.  Transitioning individuals get the same illnesses as non-transitioning individuals, very few of these conditions are related to transitioning  – full stop.

If you are unwell seek the advice of your GP and don’t get wrapped up in ‘is this related to my meds .. ‘ questions, see the right people who will investigate and treat accordingly.

hope that helps

Dawn (Nurse Practitioner )

Took a look at this thread because I am just at the point of starting on Premarin and wanted to find out more from those who had experience with it.

The reason I am responding is because I have had digestive issues my entire life since I am Celiac which means that I have a diagnosed Gluten Allergy so gastric pain is something I have lived with all of my life.

Tip number one is to use the exclusion technique to try and find the culprit(s) causing the gas and indigestion. What not many people know is that corn, which we ingest both directly and indirectly, through from corn fed meat to candy and everything in between is a GMO product that contains Bt toxin. The Bt toxin works by destroying the intestines of the bugs that consume it. Corn used to be one of the “safe” products that did not contain gluten but I started suffering from bloating and gastric pain and by elimination I traced it back to the GMO corn. By avoiding that in all of it’s forms I no longer have that problem.

Corn syrup is in soft drinks, cereals, cookies, etc, etc. Avoiding it is difficult and it does mean a restricted diet. The HRT could be increasing your sensitivity so tip #2 to is to stick to as healthy a diet as possible so as to have a metabolism that can handle the changes. Why stress your body more than it needs to be? Give it as much help as possible by providing it with the nutrition it needs.

Yes, I had an unhealthy diet too but I have increased my intake of fruits and vegetables while doing my utmost to avoid anything and everything that will set off my food allergies. The pain is just not worth it in my opinion.

I know that this is not directly an answer to what you are going through but I wanted to share this because not many others understand just how contaminated our food supply has become. The EU banned corn syrup for a good reason. Your health is what matters and it is hard to be happy when you are suffering from gastric pain.

Take care and let us know if any of this helps.

Rowena 👩🏻‍🦳

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?