Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Molly
      Duchess

Something I thought I’d never witness.

I was shopping with my SO, and we’d wandered into a mid level women’s clothing store than had some Seasonal knick-knacks.

The clothing colours where a little blah!, but there was a nice skirt I’d taken note off… We were leaving the store and I heard a young man (and yes it was), trying to get permission to use the change room with a dress that would have been a little revealing from a just as young female assistant.

The conversation between him and the assistant was at a reasonable volume as you’d expect from young people as was going as follows so it wasn’t hard to follow:

Assistant: “Are you really going to try that on if I can get permission? Would you really buy it?”
      Young person: “Yes, I think I could really rock that dress, If it fits and feels good, yes!”
      Assistant: “Are you really sure you’d buy it if it’s good, because I don’t think my manager would like it if this is a joke.”
      Young person: “Do you think I’m joking?… Don’t you think I could rock this dress?”
      Assistant: “I’ll ask if you really want to”, and she proceeded to leave to presumably find said manager.

I wanted to hang around and discreetly observe as to whether this was a true attempt to try on the dress or a crazy way to get the assistant’s attention… I couldn’t see any obvious signs of CD, but who knows, however I was shopping with my SO and she was clearly ready to move on and felt my being nosy was not something that would be appreciated.   I’m sorry if this leaves you frustrated without an ending, but….

If the younger generation is feeling like this is more acceptable, then I’m feeling quite hopeful that the human race may be able to evolve.

-Molly

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have never seen anything quite like that, but there is a women’s only wear store I often shop at, both in drab and dressed and always have had complete acceptance. The first time I finally confessed to the manager she then proceeded to tell me the quietest times to shop, and there was a a change room separate from the main ones I could use.

Another time I saw a gent returning something at another store I shop at, and had to wonder, is he doing his wife or SO a favour, or is it for himself?

I believe that most areas are way more accepting than they used to be, but of course there are places and people who aren’t.

Amy

Anonymous

I’m seeing more AMABs (guys) wearing dresses and skirts, and the number seems to be increasing.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

A little frustrating yes, but very interesting.

Hugs, Liara

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Molly ,
      We had a man in a dress in a large game show on prime-time on one of the major public Networks in the Netherlands last summer !
      You can see a picture of him in the link beneath :

https://www.mediacourant.nl/2021/08/de-slimste-mens-trekt-veel-bekijks-met-man-in-jurk-draag-ik-vaker/

Love Sylvia

Molly
        Duchess

And wow, doesn’t he wear it well!

Amy Myers
        Baroness

Wow, he looks good too. Also it’s interesting that he is just presenting as a man wearing a dress, not trying to be overly feminine as so many of us like to.

It reminds me of a picture a CD friend of mine “down under” sent me a while ago. It was a Mercedes add for the new B series, and showed a man, clearly male as he had facial hair, wearing a beautiful long dress standing beside the new car with a little girl on his shoulders. Dad, wearing his nice dress out with his daughter is the image it seems to show.

I like this aspect of how crossdressing is portrayed, that we are normal and just like to wear feminine clothes which is often the truth. Though what anyone might think is normal depends on your perspective, lets not debate that one.

Amy

Anonymous

Hello Molly

You happened to notice this guy, so imagine how many other men are actually doing the same thing as well…the Christmas parties this year could be really sensational!!!

Well, here’s hoping….

Gosh….maybe there’s a new underground movement forming…” Rock the Frock “…

( what a great T-Shirt !!! )

….hope you grabbed that skirt….

Huggs, grace xx

Molly
        Duchess

Grace;

You’re so right…. a great t-shirt,  Unfortunately I didn’t grab the skirt as my SO would have been very unhappy about that with her there (I think), but I’m thinking of going back and doing so.

-Molly

Anonymous

Molly…you need to go back in drab…find the same assistant…..and ask to try the skirt on!!!

….she will probably burst into flames…haha xxx

Molly
            Duchess

Grace;

That thought had occurred to me, so while the temptation to do that is there, I’d probably take along a fire extinguisher as well.  After all, I’m old enough to be her parent, and I’m not sure if it was a young mans attempt was to get attention from her.

I will let you know if I do.

-Molly

Becka
      Lady

Fantastic! I hope next time the assistant will be brave and make the call on their own!

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I thought many times I was pretty bold with my dressing when I was young. Much bolder and more adventurous than I am now. Still, I don’t think even then I would have the nerve to do that.

Hi Molly I shop  and try on clothes in stores in the ladies dept all the time. I went to return clothes that did not fit or look right when I went shopping with my wife and at the time the dressing rooms were closed during the pandemic. I was alone when i returned the clothes. I told the woman it would be easier if the dressing rooms were open I would not have to return so many clothes. She responded to me by saying there few dressing rooms open in each dept and pointed to the ladies dressing room and said feel free to use them whenever you like. So yes times are changing for the better when it comes to us. Some of the stores are very gender neutral. The changing rooms are for both men and woman If you can deal with some of the looks not all when you have something cute you want to try on. Now with the internet you can look up which stores are cross dresser and transgender friendly. I shop at Macy’s and Kohls and sometimes JC Penny. I still get looks but nothing more. I know its fun to shop and find something you really like only to find it does not fit or look right can be a little frustrating but that is a part of shopping that all women have come to accept. We represent a very small part of the general population but most people know we are here and just say its no big deal and just move on. Happy shopping days always

Stephanie

That young man had real courage to ask.
      Wonder did he try it on and if he bought it?
      Thanks for that telling us of that incident Molly
      Liz

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Did you see anyone lurking nearby with a phone filming? There are a lot of pranksters about wanting some thing for Tik Tok or You tuber channels so maybe the girl was being cautious. On the other hand it could be a sign of the times and he really would rock in that dress, for whatever reason.

I never had the courage to try something on I fancied in drab mode. Now, being dressed, it’s a given and I have no problems whatsoever.

Molly
        Duchess

There was another person with him, looked like another guy standing a little back.   I didn’t see any evidence of filming but with devices these days you can’t be sure.

I hadn’t thought of this angle, but I guess you could be right.

If it was a stunt then I’d have to be disappointed.

-Molly

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Molly.

Darn it Molly,

Next time be a little more Nosey. hahaha LOL

I am a little frustrated not knowing the outcome.

Huggs Patty

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?