• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Aurora Lynne
      Baroness

Hello Ladies,

It looks like Autumn is coming to an end now in this part of the world as the temperature has been dropping to freezing point overnight. Also, snow is forecast for the weekend.

With that in mind, after having coffee at my favourite restaurant… and wearing a black warmer coat that I bought from a lady in the spring… I went to the Winners store again in search of a warm sweater.

I found a very nice one in a shade of red and with a large, soft collar. I took it to the fittings room in order to try it on.

When I was in that same store on  Monday… on my birthday… I was directed, by a middle-aged lady… to go to one of the women’s fitting rooms to try on a long winter coat that I bought. Today, there was a young woman in her twenties at the fitting rooms station.

I showed her the sweater and told her that I had just the one item. She made a note of that, but took a long time looking at the fitting rooms’ plan. There are three men’s, three women’s and one family fitting rooms.

Eventually, and seeming unsure of herself, she indicated that I should go to one of the men’s fitting rooms, which I did.

When I came out there was an older lady with her and they both smiled as I passed them.

Having unintentionally put the young woman under some stress, I did not want to add to it by debating whether or not I should use the men’s or women’s fitting rooms.

Anyway, I bought the sweater and tried it on when I got home with various skirts and coats.

It goes well with the black coat that I wore today but, of course, does not go with my burgundy winter coat.

As far as the fitting rooms go, I will just have to try for best out of three the next time I go shopping at Winners.

Hugs,

Aurora Eden

Aurora,

I do understand the conundrum.  Given the choice, I usually use the men’s fitting rooms as I am rarely presenting as a woman regardless of what I may be wearing.  However, men’s v. women’s fitting rooms is usually not an option in the states as fitting rooms are considered neutral gender in most stores.  That being said, I don’t argue or debate with the sales associates over which to use. As you said, it is not worth it.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Aurora Lynne
        Baroness

Hi MacKenzie,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, for me it is a really good feeling to be accepted as female and, in the case of trying on clothes, to be directed to the women’s fitting rooms.

However, I don’t contest the decision of the sales associates as it would only create unneccessay hassle all round.

Aurora

Anonymous

Aurora.

This is just one of those instances that can crop up, and you were right to just ” go with the flow “.

I think I would probably have acted the same, surely much better to be directed by a staff member….than to be complained about by a member of the public, and causing a scene. None of us wants that…. it’s a very fine line we tread.

Enjoy your new sweater !!!

Grace xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?