Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

OK. I found this really good-looking red and black top – not really an animal print but that kind of idea – lots of red and black splotches. It fits well.

Now I’m trying to figure out what to wear with it for fall and winter. One part of me says get a pair of chic black slacks and then dress it all up or down with heels, boots, or flats and black hose.

The other part of me says a long black skirt – maybe calf-length – and boots or black tights and red or black flats, or maybe low black heels, would be good or better.

Of course I really want both, but one outfit is all that’s in the budget right now.

What do you think? Slacks or a skirt?

I always choose a skirt or dress. Love wearing them.

Anonymous

Milli,

I think that it would mostly depend on the type of weather in your area and also if you would wear the outfit while going out or just to stay home. (And if you are trying to blend in or not)

Assuming that you are in an area where winters are cold, I’d go for slacks. You very seldom see any ladies wearing skirts in cold weather, unless they have to. (Uniforms for example).

Of course on the other end you’d have the idea of only wearing it to stay home and well, of course there are no rules other than what you want.

(Voting for slacks.)

Gaby

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I think slacks would be a better choice and it would be fun to dress it up with boots, heels, or flats! But if you love skirts go for it!

I would go for the black skirt with low black heels and black tights.I am very much a skirt/dress girl.However,I am certainly not averse to wearing slacks.

Becka
      Lady

Skirt, but I’ve really been wanting to find some nice black slacks to wear as well!  That will be one of my next ventures, I’m sure.

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Personally,

I would go for the classy slacks. I have a couple called “tefined pant”… whatever that means. lol.

I find them more versatile. And very comfortable.

Terri Anne

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Always skirt. What I love most about crossdressing is wearing pantyhose and showing my legs. Slacks don’t let me do that.

OK, it looks like skirt is a little more popular but…

I did get very lucky – Goodwill didn’t have anything in my size but Marshall’s had a nice pair of black slacks with silver decorations at the ankles in my size – and only  US$12!

And Catherine’s had a long black skirt in almost the same material as the top – for $22.

Both had no problem letting me try things on – and I was in boy mode in both stores. Marshall’s sent me to the right, to the men’s dressing rooms and Catherine’s just unlocked the dressing room at the front of set of rooms. She did conspicuously call me sir, but more, I think, for the benefit of anyone else that might have been in the dressing rooms. I don’t think that anyone was, but you never know…

So, the slacks look good and the skirt looks even better. Two different looks, definitely. Now for some nice black tights and someday I swear I’m going to find a pair of 14W red flats that don’t cost a fortune. Until then, my black ones will do.

Thanks for all your ideas.

Millie

Good on you, and great deals. I like your thoughts on dressing to fit in as I try to do. And staying within a budget is always important. I hope you enjoy the new finds and plan plan on sharing them with us and the world.

Go with a skirt for a more feminine look, imho.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?