• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 0 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

The Secret Life of Luke Livingston

Charity Norman

This book is engaging to read and the author takes you into the lives of three generations of the Livingston family and their friends. The father figure, Luke in his early fifties reaches breaking point and despite risking all his relationships with his family, especially his seemingly idyllic perfect marriage, chooses to become the woman he really has been his entire life. 

Told from the perspective of the various family members, Luke/Lucia, wife, son, daughter, Lucia’s mother, the challenging events unfold. Initially he is rejected by them all and it is with infinite forgiveness on all sides that they finally resolve things. In addition he has to deal with the reactions of strangers (scary), friends and community (diverse reactions  but surprisingly, many accepting), work colleagues ( Luke is a successful solicitor in a mega London firm which also goes surprisingly well)

I don’t want to give to much away as it’s a good read and well written. 

The back story of Luke/Lucia’s lifelong internal conflict is one which many of us will recognise. So many of his incidents occurred in my childhood and as my adult career was similar I found it all quite confronting to read. Several times I had to stop to have a little cry. 

I have not acted on my personal conflict as Lucia did which makes me what? Not trans enough? A coward? Delusional that I am the same as the protagonist? I do wonder what might have been if I had made different choices. So dear readers and sisters, I do hope you download a copy of this book from Amazon and see for yourself what happens in the end. I wish Lucia all the very best in her future even though she is a fictional character.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?