• This topic has 26 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve got two quick questions that’ll likely turn me into Alice, going down the rabbit hole.

Firstly, where would you suggest I look for nice bras? I’m not small around the chest and am well and truly above anything in the shops.

And second, any advice on forms? I’m looking for relatively inexpensive at the moment as I’m not sure which way I’ll take it.

XO

Steph

Torrid advertise large sizes, up to 54″. Other than that, just search for large sizes, there are plenty of women out there who are ermmmm……  larger sized.

https://www.torrid.com/search?q=bra

I get most of my bra’s online and I am working on what forms to get too. I have been some on E-Bay and I went the cheaper route myself. I bought a pair of triangle forms and just bought a set of tear drop, I really like the triangle forms. They are so much fun to wear, I love them. I’m going to look for the self adhesive one’s next. I think it will be fun to wear them with no bra and a tight top or dress to get that bounce a bit better….   LOL   Good luck on your quest……

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Becky,

Be careful with buying any self adhesives you think will stay on all day. It’s odds on, (even the most expensive ones), they wont. I should know, cos I have two sets…. Your best bet are the Goldseal double sided tape/adhesive wipes version.

Mine are my go to “in public”, cos I know they wont come off. Not that this “old girl” would “go public” without a bra on.

Caty.

Is that a kind of form or a tape you can use on any forms to keep them in place? This old gal wouldn’t pass just want to feel a bit slutty at times at home……. LOL

You can get the tape at the breast form store. If you really want those puppies to bounce, use 3m glue or Hollisters.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jill Lacey.

That’s what I’m looking for..  I want the bounce, I went out driving one with my forms the first time one morning and had fun on the rough roads!!!  LOL

You should see mine mov3 on the riding tractor when I mow the grass. Lol

It’s makes it that much more fun!!!!!!!!  LOL

Plenty of places with a good plus size selection. Torrid, soma, vanity fair, jc penny’s, lane Bryant. I would suggest finding the bra band size you are comfortable with first off. As far as cup size if your large a d is a safe place to start. Be a discount shopper until you find the size and cup that works for you. Maybe some trial and error. Only way to avoid that is the help of a female friend or have a bra fitting. My wife helped me a bunch over the years.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Torrid and Lane Bryant are 2 good options for in-store shopping.  Nordstrom also carries a decent selection of large sizes.

For online-only shopping, I’ve had great luck with HerRoom.  They have a huge selection of large sizes.  Also check out BiggerBras and BareNecessities.

The BreastFormStore is a CDH sponsor and has a good selection of forms at various price points.  They have excellent customer service and will help you find the right forms.  Lots of girls get inexpensive forms on Amazon.  Two brands that come up often in threads are Roanyer and Vollence.  You’ll be pretty much on your own if you buy on Amazon.

Good luck!  Happy shopping!

/EA

Hi Stephanie,

I see you are an Aussie lass.  There must be several botiques near Canberra that are CD friendly.  As others have said a proper bra fitting will help you find a well fitting bra.  The associate will know their product lines and be able to recommend a bra in your price range and in your size.

Others suggested Torrid which is US based and has locations in Canada and the US.  So after you find your size ordering a bra from them might be an option.  But the shipping cost might be as much as the bra.  Sizing might be difficult too if you need a band size over 50 (inches).  Lane Bryant is US based and carries up to a 54 inch band but the shipping costs might be high as well.

Amazon has some inexpensive forms to test out different sizes and decide what goes best with your figure and outfits.  Once you decide on a size and style as there are multiple options, you can explore different options.

Alice

It’s Torrid for me. They size by clothing size as well as band/cup. Clothing size works better for me. I have pretty meaty moobs so no forms needed.

Dani
        Lady

@wandaovahear me too. I have big moobs as well. And Torrid has fantastic bras. I have two, one is a longline that is absolutely delicious. Torrid stuff is great. I could spend a fortune there.

Believe me, @danirost, I have spent a fortune there. Still, I’m excited about going to a Torrid store for the first time when I visit Minnesota in May. I’ll have to have my SO hold my purse or I’ll be like Betty Rubble and Wilma Flintstone, “Charge, it!”

Dani
            Lady

I have to admit. I’m a coward. I’ve seen the stores but don’t know if I could enter. I will never “pass” and I don’t go out dressed.
            In drab mode I would stick out like a sore thumb. LOL. But there’s always online and the eBay. 🙂

Samantha R
            Duchess

Dani – I read somewhere of a guy who would say he was shopping for his twin sister…
            Haven’t had to use it yet, but when needed I plan to….

Go on a quiet day and early in the day. They are CD friendly and a sale is a sale. Go for it! Best, Marlene.

Check out Vollence breast forms on Amazon. They are inexpensive and seem like good quality. Of course, they are the only forms I have ever tried so I don’t know how they compare to others, but I like them. I bought the C triangle ones. They are nice weight, a good feel and jiggle when I walk (which I really like).  I’ve been thinking about going down to the B so I don’t stand out so much come summer time, but like how I look and feel with the C.

Syndee
        Lady

Stephanie,

I also have the C triangle ones from Vollence and just bought a B for the same reason. I can tell you that the fell as far as weight and jiggle are the same from the C to the B. A little less jiggle on the B due to size of course. I also have a size D for when I want to just stand out a little more. I like the way the Ds fill in tops and dresses better than the Cs.

Nice to you might not be nice to me. Go to Amazon and heels shall fins. Also the breast form store for better quality.

Syndee
      Lady

Hello Stephaine,

I would also recommend the Vollence breast forms. I have both the self adhesive and a pair that just sit in the bra. The ladies here are full of good advice. I will agree that no pair of self adhesive forms will stay in place all day with out a bra. As far as where I go to get my bras, I have got some from everywhere. You say that you are bigger in the chest area, I am not sure it you mean like broad chested or just a bigger girl in general (sorry if that seems rude, I couldn’t think of another way to put it). I myself have a wide chest from working out when I was younger. I have never had an issue finding bras that fit me at Walmart, Amazon or Target. I have even ordered some online and been happy with them. I wear a 38C most of the time but can fit into a 36C if it is cute enough.

Best of Luck

Syndee

Not rude – I’m a bit of both, but working on one of them. When I was much fitter I was a 42/44, now stores don’t even stock my size. Oh well…

XO

Steph

Anonymous
          Duchess

Stephanie, hi,

I just bought a 44C at Walmart, on-line without any problem. I have broad shoulders and the 44 band fits fine.

Anonymous

Dear Stephanie,

You should catalog shop for plus size women to find bra. Just use your chest as a band size as you don’t have to measure around a bust.

As you stated, your not sure where you’ll take it. All the replies suggest inexpensive forms. Maybe experiment with rice or birdseed in old nylons to find the size you like?

Samantha R
      Duchess

I was going to suggest Torrid as well. I have trouble finding a bra to fit me. They offer on-line ship to store option which works well for me. I find my store has limited selection.
      Amazon also has a PLUS size selection that might help.

Hugs

Anonymous

Don’t be shy. Go for a professional bra fitting. Specialty bra outlets are more than welcoming when it comes to CD/trans people.
      I am getting my very first bra fitting at BraChic in Ottawa soon and they are keen to help me with a good size and form for my presentation.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?