Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Ladies, Yes it was my first time in a shops changing room to try on a dress. Went to the shops the other day fully dressed as Helenmarie, saw this nice blue/white dress I liked. But was not sure what size would fit me, so I thought I asked the assistant if I could go into the changing room & try them on. She said yes of course no problem & showed me in, I tried them on & choose the one that fitted ok, came out & went to the checkout & bought the dress. So it was another little step going out in public as Helenmarie, I enjoy these trips out now. It is good to know that most people except me what ever I am wearing. love, Helenmarie

Krista
      Duchess

Good Morning Helenmarie, Congratulations on taking that step.  I remember my first experience going into a change room (and good thing I did as the item I was trying on absolutely did not fit at all – so no wasting money or going through the “return” experience.

And even when you think you know your dress size, you could still end up with a poor fitting dress because women’s sizes are not consistent at all.  Trying them on is the absolutely best thing to do.

Luckily my closets are so full of women’s clothes I really can’t fit anymore in without first getting rid of something.  And I’ve become a much more picky shopper, buying better quality items whereas when I first started buying women’s clothing, it was a grab and go approach (hoping no one saw me – glad those days are done).

Have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Krista.

Hello Krista, Thanks, yes as you say, trying on clothes first is always a good idea. No two shop sizes are the same, a size 14 in one will fit ok, then another shop size 14 will not. The one I tryed on was a 14 & was ok, but sometimes I have to get a size 16 to fit right. I enjoyed that day & will go again. love Helenmarie

Anonymous
      Lady

Congratulations on your “first”. I’ve yet to do that but maybe one day.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Was it one of those ‘I should have done this sooner’ moments? This is the start of better shopping experiences. Well done you.

Fantastic, Helenmarie!

That first time trying on a dress in a changing room en femme is a huge feminine step, as well as being the only way to know that a dress is going to a) fit and b) look as good as you thought it would.

I’ve only had positive experiences of dress shopping and your experience is encouraging – it says to me that it can be just as comfortable in towns other than Brighton, lol!

Love Laura

Hello Laura, Thanks, yes as I have said it was a great day, & will go again when I can. I live in Kent & have found that all of the towns I have been to (fully dressed) the assistants & people in the streets have all been ok with me. Never been to Brighton fully dressed only in male mode. love, Helenmarie

Do try Brighton en femme – I’ve written up several of my experiences there. It’s quite a trip!

Love Laura

Anonymous

That first time in the ladies’ changing room is a big occasion; it validates your acceptance as a girl. Not to mention that trying on clothes is fun!

Hugs,
      BEttylou

Hello Bettylou, Thanks, yes I was pleased with the experience & as you said I was excepted as a normal lady. love, Helenmarie

Congratulations Helenmarie on another first!

Alice

When Covid hit every store was forced to close their changing rooms. Now that things are reopening and changing rooms are once again in use shopping is fun again.

A couple of thrift stores I visit not only closed their changing rooms but actually tore them out. They wanted the space for more clothes. Now you have to go through a return policy if it doesn’t fit and the policy is exchange for equal value only. So you wind up going back and going back and going back. I love the prices and the wonderful things you can find but not being able to try it on is frustrating.

Beth

That’s great Helenmarie, I haven’t done it yet but I’ve always had an urge to try on lingerie in a changing room.

Hello Jess, Thanks for the reply, not sure about trying on lingerie in changing rooms. Do not know where you live, but here in the UK, shops will not you try on lingerie & even if you take them home & try them on, they then will not exchange them. love, Helenmarie

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?