• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So, what are some of your favorite classics as a woman, and as a man?

As a woman, I love (among others)

An Affair to Remember

Sleepless in Seattle

Bell Book and Candle

My Fair Lady

South Pacific, as well as other musicals.

I also like Romantic series like The good Witch.

As a man, I love:

Anything with John Wayne, but my favorites are

In Harms Way

McCkintock

North to Alaska.

I also like any sea movies with Navy ships, like Mr. Roberts, The Sea Chase, and Red October.

And I like westerns and comedies.

So, ladies, what about you?

My favourite classics are the same whether I’m Wendy or drab, that is one part of me I haven’t separated out :

Here is a list of my classics :

– Die Hard, all time fave and classic christmas movie

– Die Hard 2, another classic christmas movie

– A Christmas Story

– Rambo 2.  I know First Blood has a stronger story line, but I enjoy watching John Rambo lay waste to the bad guys.

– Terminator 2.  The liquid terminator is an all time classic.

– pretty much anything with a high body count, guns, explosions, and car chases.

These ones could fall in the woman category, but in drab mode I like watching these too :

– Wonder Woman, both Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot

– Supergirl with Melissa Benoist

– Stargirl with Brec Bassinger  (not sure if Supergirl/Stargirl can be called classics as they are new shows)

– to some degree, Joy Luck Club

I loved Wonder Woman. Linda Carter was gorgeous, and Gal Gadot is hot, too.

I don’t really “separate” what I watch into man or woman modes, but when I thought about it, I realized that I would subconsciously switch between man mode and woman mode when watching certain movies. I cried like a baby in Ghost, and I tear up when Cary Grant goes to Deborah Kerr’s apartment; so I must be in my woman mode when watching those types of movies. Thanks so much for sharing.

❤️

I’m an odd duck because I’ve only been me for the last 15-20 years but three of my favorite movies are:

The Pirates Of Penzance
      Spaceballs
      The Lake House

The Pirates Of Penzance is an operetta but most people would consider it a musical with more singing than most musicals. The original was written by Gilbert and Sullivan over 100 years ago but for its 100 anniversary Joseph Papp modernized some of the music and the dialogue. At one point Frederick, the main character, does a 3 second Elvis impression. If you like musicals you have to find this. The plot begins that when Frederick was a boy his nurse appenticed him to the Pirate King. If you didn’t bat an eye at that, Gilbert and Sullivan have you right where they want you.

I’d say The Lake House has a romance story for the women and a sci-fi story for the men. But don’t let Dorothy (D. C.) Fontana or Ann (A. C.) Crispin hear you say that. It’s the only movie I can stand watching Sandra Bullock in. The best thing is it’s not an in-your-face romance story or an in-your-face sci-fi story. There’s literally nothing like it on the planet. OK, I’m not really familiar with anything before the Early Bronze period so that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

As far as crying and tearing up, movies don’t do that to me but music sure can. I’ve been crying like a baby listening to Peter, Paul And Mary’s “Day Is Done” since the first time I heard it when I was 4. And “Voices Carry” by ‘Til Tuesday has been very emotional for me since I first realized what the lyrics really are over 30 years ago. Not only do I tear up every time I listen to it, I can only listen to it once and then not again for at least 4 days. No kidding. Trust me, a lot of men would love to tear up like we do, let alone cry when they’re not seriously grieving. Enjoy the fact that you can.

I do love a good cry when I’m alone and able to let go 😂

[postquote quote=348329]
      Oh i could not agree more.  You know a movie is good when it can do that to you.

Speaking of tearjerkers, I have a few off the top of my mind :

– Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot).  When Diana trains on Themyscira, and then she clangs her bracelets together causing a huge shockwave.  That gets me everytime, as it is the start of her being Wonder Woman.

– Armageddon.  When Bruce Willis stays behind to detonate the nuke on the asteroid.  He also has a very tearful speech for his on screen daughter, Liv Tyler.

– Batman vs Superman : Dawn of Justice, near the end when Wonder Woman saves Batman from Darkseid.  You see the 3 superheroes, Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman on screen, with Wonder Woman front and centre.  This time the boys are in the background.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I could name quite a few for myself.  Generally anything with Harrison Ford, From Star Wars to Indiana Jones, but especially Witness and Patriot Games.  Teared up in both those.

Julia Roberts was the one I went crazy over in the 90’s.  No lie, I watch Pretty Woman every couple of years and still bawl my eyes out.

Love my war movies too.  Not just the newer ones, but things from The Wild Geese to Zulu.

I find I tend to watch the same thing whether dressed or not. So here goes –

1) My Fair Lady – As a young man when Audrey came down the stairs in that white, beaded gown girls took on a whole new meaning. Girls weren’t yucky anymore. (see #2) LOL. I’ve watched it so many times in know all the dialogue and lyrics by heart.

2) Rear Window – I still yell at the TV every time for Grace Kelly to get out of Raymond Burr’s apartment. Plus, like #1, when Grace comes out of the bedroom in that white chiffon gown girls weren’t yucky anymore.

3) Valley Girl – Great soundtrack. Mimics my teens, early 20’s.

4) Repo Man – Another great soundtrack.

5) Any Cary Grant movie – I’m glued to the TV whenever TCM show’s his movies.

Love and Peace,

Amber

“Bell, Book and Candle”, is a gem. More, I think, due to the cast than the director. Performances were subtle (well, James Stewart and Hermione Gingold were a touch ambitious) and the characters interacted well. The final scenes can be a tad emotional.

Araminta.

Anonymous

My “guy” side likes:            Dirty Harry

Die Hard

Mc Q

The Green Berets

True Grit   (John Wayne version)

The Girl in me loves:         Singin’ In The Rain

Thoroughly Modern Millie

Cheaper by the Dozen and the sequel, Belles on their Toes

And we’re both wild over   Viva Las Vegas!

[postquote quote=348294]
      If you like the Duke, the cavalry trilogy can’t be beat, unless maybe by the masterpiece “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance”.

Tombstone. The best quote from the movie is the entire script. The Untouchables. Greatest gunfight in film, great music and killer costuming.

Anonymous

For both,

Victor Victoria

The Americanization of Emily

For him

Die Hard

12O’Clock high

There is no difference for me. My thoughts and perceptions are independent of how I am presenting. There is only one Me.

So…

• Sleuth
      • North by Northwest, big fan of Hitchcock’s films but this is my favorite
      • The Sting
      • Flower Drum Song
      • The Italian Job
      • The Guns of Navarone
      • Cat Balou
      • Thunder Road
      • Le Mans
      • It Takes a Thief
      • Charade
      • To Please a Lady
      • Solid Gold Cadillac
      • The Manchurian Candidate
      Abby M
      Lady

[postquote quote=354095]
      I’ll have to check out the Wild Geese. I like anime and manga. Kouta Hirano did a series called Hellsing. Essentially it follows if the story of Bram Stoker’s Dracula was real and after he was defeated by Abraham van Hellsing, the family created an order of knights to protect against supernatural threats. The order continues through to the present day, but the enemies are undead nazi vampires that they fought against during WWII coming to seek a new war. After the Hellsing organization is ravaged by vampires in an initial onslaught, the leader hires mercenaries known as the Wild Geese. I bet Hirano used the movie as inspiration for them. This makes me so excited to seek this movie out.

Abby M
      Lady

[postquote quote=348319]
      I too haven’t really thought about separating my viewing habits into male or female viewing mode. Honestly for the most part that stereotypical gender role doesn’t really apply in my house, I think my mom was a tomboy and had more male friends growing up. She loves science fiction, she got me into the genre. She loves Star Trek more, while I love Star Wars. I guess if I had to pick films that I like that would be considered chick flicks, I like Kate and Leopold, Erin Brockovich, Fried Green Tomatoes, and Sleeping with the Enemy. We often went to the theater as kids, so I have a fondness for musicals. However, I now like musicals that are more self aware and make fun of the genre. I love Mel Brooks and I adore both versions of the Producers. I guess I have finally realized I have something in common with Roger Elizabeth Dupree.

Anonymous

Hi Desiree,

I’m a big fan of The Duke, also; but my favorite was McQ.  I celebrate his birthday (May 26) every year, and I even bought that gun a couple of years later.

hugs,

Bettylou

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?