Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

So this past Friday night, me and some friends were at the local bar, and there was a guy there with just simple white nail polish. But when the colored lights and such from the music stage hit them, they just popped and it looked fabulous.

I’ve always been very wary of giving people compliments in public, especially around friends, for fear of tipping anyone off to my secret. But on Friday, I had definitely been drinking and just went with it. Now I have no idea what this guy’s situation was as far as CD, gay, trans, or just a fabulous dude, but i went for it and complimented his nails. The way he lit up was amazing. I’m pretty sure I made his night, and I earned a huge hug on top of it. Got some odd looks from some of the folks in the group, but one high fived me and said something about spreading positivity.

I don’t know the guy, and he doesn’t know me, but it was a really good feeling to let him know he had at least one new ally here in West Texas.

Do those of you who are still in the closet like me ever compliment others on feminine stuff like that in public? Or do yall just lay low? After my experience the other night, I think I’m going to try and make it more of a habit.

I am not in the closet by no means, I live 24/7, 365 as a woman on HRT, on the road to transition, but I had to answer this one!! It’s always a great idea to give people compliments, men, woman, CDers, Trans, strangers or friends. Anybody!! I give out compliments even when compliments are not desearved. Why? Because it makes people feel good and I love to make people feel good!!! I tell the cashier at Wal-Mart now pretty she looks today, I often tell men now handsome they look, anything, it always puts a smile on their faces!! Great Post!! And Thanks!!I

Hugs, Breanna

Breanna that’s a wonderful policy. The one compliment you give might be the only compliment they. Have gotten in a long long time.

Hugs

Anonymous

Absolutely I do!

That is, Laura does…

It still doesn’t sit right with male me – I tried, and felt a bit like I’d said something out of turn, but was only admiring a receptionist’s multi colour nails.

However, and particularly after a couple of drinks in the right location, I meet someone’s eyes and, if they’re smiling at me (they usually are!), then I’ll smile back, greet them like an old friend, and pay a compliment on something I like about their appearance – you can always find something that you like.

Invariably, I get compliments in return, so this is actually a kind of defence mechanism – as well as a licence for my new friend to say what they like.

A guy I met told me my foundation was too thick. He’d introduced himself as a hairdresser, so I just listened attentively and thanked him for the tip. I spent quite some time with him and his friends – and all because I’d started with a compliment on his appearance. I liked his t-shirt!

Love Laura

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I have done so and encourage folks to do so WITH the caveat-that you need to be careful that you don’t “out” or “clock” someone and embarrass them. In a bar/club or restaurant, it’s not as much a potential risk of doing that as it might be in a store or mall. Be sure your comment doesn’t “require” a response from the person (other than a mid or a smile) as some folks are nervous and may fear speaking in a “less than feminine” voice. But saying something like-“by the way, I just wanted to tell you that top(dress/pair of shoes/color nail polish) rally looks great on you” or “I love your hair!” allows someone to simplify smile to acknowledge the compliment or to whisper “thank you” or to engage in conversation at their option and comfort level. (I’ve had strangers come up to me in “male mode “ -what I call “stealth Cyn mode”- and compliment me on my hair or my earrings, and I will thank them-no matter what mode I’m in.

Cyn

That was very kind of you Ayla. I have never saw a man in public with any feminine attire. I am sure I would pay a compliment.

I know if you complimented my nails, it would’ve made my day. Compliment if you feel safe, it could mean the world to someone

Yes, give compliments, nice to be nice, and am sure it will brighten people’s day. I think some of my female colleagues must think I’m a bit gay ( I’m not🤣) when I comment on nail polish, make up, fashion etc, but I don’t care anymore!

I also think one or two women have thought I was flirting with them, hanging on their every word and gazing into their eyes, when in fact I have just been studying their eye make up😂

love

B

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?