Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Has anyone one had good experience with getting accurately sized women’s High Heels via online shopping?

I can’t wear stilettos because of foot problems. Thus I need non-stilettoe high heels.

The two “chain” Shoe stores in my area that I got my chunky heel high heels shoes and kneehighs boots have bit the dust ie bankrupt.

According to the Brannock foot size device the last time I was at a women’s shoes shop I need size 12w, 13n or 13m depending upon the toe design but most other shoes stores in my that sell women’s high heels end their sizes at 9 or 10 if they do have larger sizes they are women’s flats or women’s running/sneaker/walking shoes.

I tried AMAZON and got a pair of size 13 Mary Jane 3″ heels but they were TOO WIDE IN HEEL and Too tight in the Toes, Amazon supplier would Not exchange thus I was out 70$ plus 10$ shipping and taxes.

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I have a wide range of shoes for every occasion and don’t go on the actual heel height or style.

I have shoes for Shopping (low and comfortable); Dancing (mid hight with wide heels); Walking (boots often low and comfortable); and nights out for dinner, the ballet and shows etc. (OTT High, bright and sparkly!)

My fav shoe maker is Irregular Choice and I have about 20 pairs of varying designs heel tights and colours  – see https://www.irregularchoice.com/womens.html

Hugs

Dawn

x

Dawn

? 4 u what does “OTT High, bright and sparkly ” refer to / mean?

Tammie

Anonymous

Tammie, I feel your pain. I’m a 12EEE in men’s, and the only women’s shoes I have which actually fit are a pair of 13W sneakers; I was able to stretch a pair of ballet flats to fit, but everything else which I can get my foot in is too wide in the heel. I have a pair of wedgies with a velcro strap across the instep, which work fairly well, but I rely on shoe stretchers to make the others work, and it’s a so-so solution. Currently looking at two online vendors for shoes: Zappo, which carries large sizes in some styles, and FSJ, which makes shoes according to your measurements, but both are expen$ive.

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Tammie,
      OTT shoes are ‘over the top’ in regards to colour, texture and designs – they are wacky and funky with lots of bling and dazzle
      Some are about 4” heels while the others are 3” – but all make a statement that they are out for Fun!
      take a look at the webs site for Irregular choice and see the range on offer !
      hugs
      Dawn

DeLora
      Lady

As heck! I never realized how many different types of shoe there was… Now I have some googling to so.
      My google profile is going to be so confused!

Delora,

I even forgot another design/style of High Heels PLATFORM HIGH HEELS

they usually have a 1 or 2 inch thick sole. Usually for shoes or boots with Stilettos that usually have >5″ heels, the idea being easier on toes and arches

Anonymous

I didn’t see wedgies on the list, and I have two pair (one open toe and one closed toe), which I like when I’m not in my flats – which is most of the time.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I only wear pumps and platform wedges. Most of my heels are 4 in. They look very good and I’m very comfortable in that heel height.

I have some shorter heels for comfort and blending in. I find the 4 in heels most comfortable though. Of course I have a couple of pairs of totally impractical stiletto heels too. So fun to wear but not all that practical.

I have a question to all you girls. Do any of you wear the same size in women’s as men’s. At the shoe store where I get most of mine the lady that has helped me most of the time said it was really unusual for a man to wear the same size in both. She owns a little clothing store and I get a lot of my clothes and shoes there since I can go in and try on dresses shoes and everything else. I came out to her about two years ago when I found a skirt and blouse I loved so much I just had to try it on.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Charlene, yes that is very unusual; typically it is a two size difference. BUT, and there always is a but, depending on the style of shoe and manufacturer it may be possible to squeeze into the same size, and here is my example. While I could squeeze into a size 8.5 man’s shoe, typically I wear a size 9 male shoe (I like the extra room). I have been able to squeeze into a size 9 female open-toed sandal that was quite wide in the toe. In female shoes, due to their crazy sizes, I usually wear a 10 or 10.5 or 11. Have a lovely rest of the week, Hugs, Krista.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I only have a small collection of shoes so have not tried a stiletto nor anything really too high.  Would be fun to at least try at some point.  I have found that I really love wearing my ankle boots.

Hugs,

Michelle

And to add to the list I really love my wedges which are in the range of 2 to 4 inch high. Love stilettos but as they get higher they are harder to wear but still wear them and love them. My favorite is my 3 1/2 inch sandal heels. I love the some much I broke the heel this spring and had to take them to the shoe shop to have them fixed. I know a 20 dollar pair of heels to put on a new heel for 12 dollars. LOL but i love them so very much.

I been told that the general rule is a FEMININE SHOE Size is 1.5 or 2 shoe sizes larger than a MALE size depending upon the FEMALE Shoe’s Toe design

Opps sorry  I  forgot about wedges, I us vfc to had 2 pairs several years ago of  5″ wedge heels with a 2″ platform under the toes wedge was Clear plastic.  Closed toes with a “MARY JANE”  like strap . I bought at payless during a 2 4 1 sale .(1 pair black and 1pair white  … but 6 months later both  pair the strap buckle broke off while I was  pulling the strap tight.

Hi Krista the strange thing about this is I don’t have to squeeze into them , in any style. The four or five times I have went to shoe stores and tried them on, it never fails a sales lady always comes over and asks if I need any help. Also never fails they seem to wait till I have my male shoes off and at least one of the women’s shoes on before they come over. So there’s no denying that they are for me. Anyway I’ve asked each one of them what size I should wear so they measure my foot and it always comes up 9.5 which is what size men’s shoe. Everyone of them have said almost the same thing I am an anomaly  I actually have women feet. The only shoe I take any different size are 6inch stilettos in those I wear a 10. Now after staring at my feet legs and most of the rest of me in a mirror, outside of have a few male parts and traits and missing a couple female parts and traits. I’ve come to the conclusion for the most part I’m a woman in a mostly woman’s body just a few things got mixed up in the development stage. Sort of makes me feel good. Thanks for your reply

I only have 2 pairs of closed toe heeled pumps and a pair of open toed full wedge with an elastic ankle strap. The heel height are between 2.5 and 3.75 inches. I won’t wear 4 inches or higher. I bought the wedge and one pair of pumps at Payless and the other pump at Janet’s Closet. I don’t shop on-line, because I want to make sure the shoes fit before buying and not waste time exchanging them by mail. Also, I can’t risk having fem stuff sent to my house. Considering that Payless no longer has stores, I plan to buy more pairs from Janet’s Closet when I can make the trip again.

Hi Tammie!  I’ve had excellent luck with a couple of online vendors.

First, Glamour Boutique is great with the few shoes they have, and it’s quality stuff, mostly from Pleasers, and a couple of others.  I find I wear an 11 in open toe shoes, and mostly a 12 in closed toes.  These guys will also tell you how the shoes fit if you call them.

The other outfit with a huge selection is Funky Pair.  Similar shoes to above, but much more.  Would suggest you try Pleasers shoes as a starting point.  I probably have five or six pairs by them, and they’re all comfy.  Plus, even the really tall heels (5 and 6 inch) are quite thick at the t0p and very sturdy, so actually easy to walk in, as long as you don’t tip!

Good luck!  Mikey

Hi Tammie,

I heard Payless may be returning.

If you are near a Catherines store they carry wide widths in an 11 or 12.  You can order on line and ship free to the store (once they reopen after this corona virus settles down).  At the store you can try on the shoes and  return them if they are the wrong size.

Alice

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?