Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I thought I would share my feelings and experiences as a disabled crossdresser, in the hope it may help others in a similar situation …

I have been crossdressing since I was about 8 or 9. Like many of you, I started by wearing my mum’s and sister’s clothes and really loved to put on their tights (pantyhose) and admire my legs in the mirror. I have progressed significantly over the years and dress fully these days, living as a female almost all of the time.

I lost my left leg high above the knee at 20 (hence my user name), which was devastating to me at the time, especially as I was still coming to terms with my sexuality and starting to spend more time dressed as a woman. I thought my legs were my best feature and always loved to wear pantyhose, high heels and skirts or dresses, so losing my leg seemed like the end of my world at the time.  I also had problems with my short stump, which meant I was unable to wear a prosthetic (and still can’t really), having to rely on crutches to get around.

Initially I just wanted to hide away and tended to stay in feeling sorry for myself, but have since come to terms with how I look, both as a man and as a woman. This is mainly thanks to other amputee ladies and information I’ve found on the internet, which has shown me that even with only one leg you can still look great and feel good about yourself.

My best advice to others in a similar situation is to ignore the stares and comments of ignorant people, be yourself and dress how you want to. Many amputee ladies are much admired by men and women (some do seem to have a fetish about it though!), so wear a short skirt if you want to, learn how to walk in a high heel with crutches and show off that sexy leg.

I’d love to hear from any other amputee crossdressers and share our experiences and tips for looking and feeling good.

Anonymous
      Lady

Linda I am not an amputee but do admire your bravery and determination to get out there and be what you feel you should be within the limitations of your disability. It must have been a hell that I can’t imagine during that initial period

Rachel

Anonymous

Thanks so much Rachel, that is very kind of you…

Yes, the first few months after my amputation were not great.  I even found it hard to put on a pair of pantyhose, which I had always loved to wear. I just couldn’t look at myself in the mirror either and seeing the stump of my leg would make me cry most days. But you have to be strong and look past what you have lost to focus on what you still have. I think I have managed to do that now, thanks to a lot of help from lovely ladies like yourself.

And on the bright side, a pair of pantyhose or stockings last me twice as long now … lol

Linda said:

>> Many amputee ladies are much admired by men and women (some do seem to have a fetish about it though

Devotees. OMG. For some it crosses over into actual mental illness and they actually hurt the object of their devotion.

I’m a wheelchair user and we have them too. Makes it hard to know when to trust people.

I just had a bilateral transmetatarsal amputation. That’s the toes on both feet. I can now fit into average sized women’s socks. 🙂

Anonymous

As Bearded Lady (sorry to hear about your toes) has pointed out, there are some “Devotees and Admirers” who can be a real nuisance and make life for a disabled person even more difficult.

I have met a few men (and one woman) who fell into this group, but in my case they were quite open and didn’t try to hide that they found my having one leg was a turn on for them! In fact, the woman confessed to me later that she actually wanted to have her own healthy leg amputated above the knee, because she thought she would look and feel so much better without it … strange but true!

Two things I really hate is being asked to show my stump, or show them what I do with the empty leg of my pantyhose (I usually just tuck it up for those interested, lol), which seems a common theme for these people (I try to see the funny side if I can).

I was recently asked to watch the following YouTube video, which seems to confirm that one legged woman are very much up there with other fetishes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCc5eg2gj6M

Linda:

Completely understand about the fetish part. My wife uses a wheelchair since suffering a spinal cord injury 13 years ago. She is in contact with SCI patients around the world and there is a similar fetish thing that they are exposed to. It surprised me when I first heard this, but similar to your experience, it is part of the reality…

I’m also a left leg amputee but mine was below the knee. My amputation is still fairly recent in that it was just two years ago.

I had an infection in my foot that spread to my ankle. The doctors tried to save most of my foot but unfortunately the nurses at that hospital didn’t follow what he wanted done so I had him take it off.

I spent a year without a prosthetic and if it wasn’t for the antidepressants I don’t know what I would’ve done.

I ended up moving back in with my parents to recuperate and a tree had fallen on my house. Most of my wardrobe was destroyed but at least I saved two wigs and two nightgowns.

Like you I’ve always felt my legs were my best feature. I do miss heels. 😁

Hugs, Sabrina

I’m also a left leg amputee but mine was below the knee. My amputation is still fairly recent in that it was just two years ago.

I had an infection in my foot that spread to my ankle. The doctors tried to save most of my foot but unfortunately the nurses at that hospital didn’t follow what he wanted done so I had him take it off.

I spent a year without a prosthetic and if it wasn’t for the antidepressants I don’t know what I would’ve done.

I ended up moving back in with my parents to recuperate and a tree had fallen on my house. Most of my wardrobe was destroyed but at least I saved two wigs and two nightgowns.

Like you I’ve always felt my legs were my best feature. I do miss heels. 😁

Hugs, Sabrina

Hi, I’m new here and saw your post. My ex-fiance lost her entire right leg to cancer right when she graduated high school at the hip. She had her own site that catered to devotees. Yes, I’m a devotee, and I find amputee’s to be sexy. I don’t know why but when I see good looking amputee guy or gal strutting their stuff I get aroused.

Brielle
      Lady

Wow, what an uplifting story! Thank you so much for sharing it!!

Brielle

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Linda, I can only admire your fortitude and cannot imagine what you have been through. You are an inspiration and prove that anything is possible. I am so happy for you.

Dear Linda
      Hi
      My name is Jaime , I hope that you are doing well tonight.
      I cannot write now as my son wife and my grandkids are due any minute
      I am stuck in a nursing home after a few years of wrestling with a disease that has taken my ability to walk.
      I would love to ask you a few questions and thank you very much for your post! CDH has provided a great place for me to “hang out “.
      I will write soon
      My best
      Jaime

Hi again Linda,
      Honestly at first when I saw and read your post, I was excited to see that you are doing what all of us love in spite of your handicap.
      Then I was going to reply directly to you as I am afraid to “reveal “ this reality in my life to the community. There are only two sisters prior to this who know.
      Before I went to this “care facility”, I had been in and out of hospital and rehab for 10 of 30 months.
      When I got ill four years ago I lived out west by myself myself. I retired early just before moving there. So when everyone wanted me to come back to my home area and I had to purge everything for not knowing who would be unpacking. There was 25 years of my outfits that were the best of the best.

So I have CDH as my only connection to dressing. I have made a very very good friend in this short time and several others who are so kind to me, I hope they read this because I have a smile on my face because of you ladies.
      Linda what sparked you to say “F – it” to sitting at home and just do it? I want to get out of here this summer for the day every week and I am trying to figure out how I can at least dress in androgynous preppy outfits, like shorts and a club collar shirt. I have an order from my physical therapist to wear compression tights!! So that’s a start.
      But I still may chicken out wearing anything but the drab sweats I have worn every day— different ones BYW!’they do my laundry here so no excuse!!
      You however had something that inspired your deep inside courage to wake and walk. You have crutches I have a wheelchair. It is what it is right?
      I have married and single children and grandkids. I cannot come out. It’s been rough few years and just don’t have the emotional energy to explain why grandpa wears women’s outfits or explain to the staff here that Jaime needs to be seen and heard.
      Size would not be an issue, never has so to see all of these fashions online that I love?!! And to hear what you have done are incredible motivators to figure something out!!
      Thank you very much for helping to get my brain going.
      You know when I was like 7, 8,9 etc years old, I was borrowing my older sisters school uniforms all without being caught.
      So if the 8 year old Jaime could do it and you figured out walking with a crutch dressed in a mini skirt—well ‘Nough said!!!
      Thanks again and good luck to you for inspiring us all .
      All my Best
      Jaime

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?