Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Seren
      Baroness

Actually this is two questions…. that you had increased dysphoria when you finally ’came out to yourself’ or realised that you are trans?

Secondly, what are / were the unexpected side effects of hrt?

thanks girls

Seraphina xx

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Seraphina,

Before I came out, my dysphoria was persistently high and had a profound impact on my everyday life. I was in a bad place mentally and emotionally. Since then, I’ve been able to manage it with regular girl time. I still feel dysphoria, it’s just more in the background and easier to ignore.  Not getting much girl time makes things worse, as I’ve discovered during the lockdown.

The side effects of HRT are well documented. If you have a consultation or read the literature, there probably won’t be any big surprises. I haven’t decided if HRT is right for me. Last year, I took some pretty strong supplements (phytoestrogens and t-blockers) for a few months. They’re hit or miss, but worked for me. I noticed my dysphoria was almost completely gone, my mood was better, I had some modest breast growth, and my skin was softer. HRT is more effective and works faster, but has greater risks.

Hope this helps.

Emily

Seren
      Baroness

Thanks Emily! Like you I’m still not sure where I’m going… I told my wife yesterday that after my (ongoing) counselling and lots of self reflection I’m pretty sure that I’m trans (I realise how broad a spectrum this is….) and I want to try hormones.

It’s making for an interesting weekend 🤔

Seraphina xx

Hi Seraphina I can only speak about first question. Yes my dysphoria increased a lot and for longer periods of time. The intensity changes from day to day. I am waiting to see my new primary in the next couple of weeks hopefully. My therapist is recommending HRT and voice therapy to help with dysphoria. I am in the middle of changing insurances i just want to make sure every one is on the same page and cost are covered. I hoping HRT will help with dysphoria first if it can stop my hair from receding and begin shifting fat storage from middle to bottom that would be great . Still a little apprehensive about breast growth . Right now I am  a little smaller then a B cup any more it will be very noticeable and i have not done anything but get older. I have read that there can be a lot of side effects that are not very good. We will see hopefully soon  Luv Stephanie

Anonymous

I can’t answer the second question, altho I am on some herbals that work for me. The effects are all positive. I struggled with dysphoria most of my life, I call it my inner war. Recently, I have come to accept who I am, and the war is over. I certainly would prefer all the equipment, but my dysphoria is gone. I am happy with who I am. Transition all the way? Just keeping an open mind about it in the future.

Seren
      Baroness

Thanks Kay! I wrote elsewhere about small things to alleviate my dysphoria which help a little, but I think the only way forward is some prescribed hrt treatment.

take care

Seraphina xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?