Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

We all have role models for many aspects of our lives, how we act, how we behave, how we treat people, etc. And as crossdressers we may also have role models that help us to present the most convincing female image possible.

So the question is, do you have a woman who is a role model for you as you crossdress? She could be your mom, your sister, your aunt, a public figure, an actress, or almost any woman who influences you.

Hugs,

Holly

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Yes I do. She is actually a fictitious character. Daisy Duke was my role model for my dressing and going out in public. I loved her look, wanted to look like her and thought I had a pretty good chance to pull it off.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It wasn’t necessarily who the person was but what they wore that inspired me so I had many and didn’t follow just one.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

Hi  Holly ……………….My role model is a composite of many women I see…….read about…….talk to………..They all help to make the best version of Karley………………………………….

The way I dress the woman I’ve had a role model is Janet Wood from the TV series Three’s Company.

Not the old frumpy janet from the early seasons of three’s company, but the later ones where she would routinely wear office type clothing – black pencil skirt, blouse, and a belt with heels.  That is the style I’ve followed now, and that is the type of clothing I have in Wendy’s closet.

Davina
      Lady

All of the many other cross dressers who give me so much inspiration.

Janice
      Duchess

Hi Holly. I never selected one role model. I wanted to create my own style, which actually used everyday, cis women. I was always enamored with the sitcom housewives of the fifties and I have several dresses similar to June Cleaver and Hariet Nelson. Since I live full time, I dress casually most of the time.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi again Holly. How do you keep coming up with these interesting polls? Never mind, it doesn’t matter, just don’t stop 😘. I do have (or had) a role model in my late teens and it was my wife. She is not interested in Trish at all but she was everything I wanted to be as a girl. More than once she almost caused traffic accidents. One particular time when she was wearing a black mini skirt black 3″ heels and a black patterned blouse we heard the screech of tires looked up and saw this guy in a car some so close to rear ending the guy in front of him.

Inadvertently she has formed the way I dress, my make up and hair style. She doesn’t know this because, as I said, she is not at all interested in seeing or meeting Trish but if she did that would be the first thing Trish would tell her.

Love,

Trish💖

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi again Holly. How do you keep coming up with these interesting polls? Never mind, it doesn’t matter, just don’t stop 😘. I do have (or had) a role model in my late teens and it was my wife. She is not interested in Trish at all but she was everything I wanted to be as a girl. More than once she almost caused traffic accidents. One particular time when she was wearing a black mini skirt black 3″ heels and a black patterned blouse we heard the screech of tires looked up and saw this guy in a car some so close to rear ending the guy in front of him.

Inadvertently she has formed the way I dress, my make up and hair style. She doesn’t know this because, as I said, she is not at all interested in seeing or meeting Trish but if she did that would be the first thing Trish would tell her.

Love,

Trish💖

I’m sorry to hear she doesn’t accept your dressing. Especially since it sounds like you love her so much .

Trish White
          Baroness

I’m sorry too Natalie. It would be so amazing if she was more supportive and I would love for her to meet Trish. I think she would be surprised. Thank you for the comment ❤️❤️

Anonymous

Dearest Holly & All Girls

You won’t have heard of my role model to dress but when i was younger mine was a Irish Singer called Maureen Nolan!
      She was,still is glam at 68 but back then what she wore,her fashion sense and basic looks inspired me!
      I thought,i want to be like her and so off came the shackles in 1980 and i was away,i tried my first Bra & Panties on and the rest is history!
      Most of the US & even UK girls might not know or even remember Maureen but i do and she is still going strong!
      I even have a wig now that is identical to her own hair in the 1980’s but as i am old now i look more like my late mother and cousin Janis!
      Thanks for yet another wonderful topic Holly and i will now retire!
      Love & Hugs
      Anna xxx

She is…Rachael from Blade Runner, she melts me when I see her.

The beautiful Brook Wagner.

Co -anchor on KOLD here in Tucson.

My answer is no I don’t.  The whole premise is backwards.  I don’t dress because I want to look like a woman.  Instead, I make myself look like a woman so I can go out dressed without drawing too much attention to myself.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Most definitely in my younger years I had several female role models whom I admired.  Somewhere around 40 years of age I seem to have lost interest in female role models and started developing my own style.

Hi Holly,for me it has always been Mart Tyler Moore or Barbara Hale<Perry Masons Secretery>.They are both beautiful,feminine and graceful.I try to imitate the way they both glide into a room.

Hello Holly, this is a lovely question. My precious Mother has been my role model since I first tried in her nylons as a very young person. I would sit by her side and watch her apply her makeup. Asking questions about why she applied this and that to her face and eyes. And her clothes were always the most feminine and pretty. And she always wore high heels! And so do I! Hugs, Debbie Lynn

Even though i have dressed most of my life, I say my wife is my role model, she really knows how to put her outfits together and has helped Amanda with a more fashion sense. She allows me to be myself and that is one of the many reasons i love her so much, and have learned to accept myself more and more as i get older.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

My role models were my sisters, I was envious of the freedom they have and how beautiful they are. Having the same genes, except for one that is bothersome, I always felt with a little help from clothes and makeup I could indeed look like them. Sadly a bigger version, sigh.

Jasmine
      Lady

I have a few one is the singer Pink I just love her attitude it’s a I don’t care I’m going to be me and that’s where I’m at in my life but the one that really influenced me the most was a city that I met when I was about 12 this was when came out it was still around my mom was in there shopping and I ran off to the video games at that point I hadn’t really let anybody see anything of that and around the corner I go and I ran into this tall curvaceous blonde and I have panties on I don’t think I had a bra on but I ran into her and I was like oh my God I’m so sorry and I looked and I was just staring and she just looked down at me and smiled and she was like do you like what you see  I was like yeah what I didn’t realize was my shirt had came up she gently reached down adjusted my panties fix my shirt and whisper in my ear and said this can be your future I started where you are and then she just smile and walked away and to this day I remember that smile and the confidence it gave me

Anonymous

Jasmine, wow, you really need to write an article about that experience!

I don’t have a role model per se. I just love the classy outfit types. I’m not into slutty trashy outfits. Wrap dress, pencil skirts and sun dress are the things I love!

Same here. I think the crossdressers who feel a lot of shame and guilt about it would see it as a more innocent activity if they dressed more modestly

My wife, she is so beautiful. I would love to look more like her❤️

Hello Holly and ladies,
      For me it’s Duchess Kate Middleton. I just adore her classy, feminine, elegant style, including her wavy hair and choice of jewelry. She is always beautifully dressed and inspires me a lot when choosing my own dress outfits for my wardrobe. She is a true role model for many women around the globe, I am sure.
      Hugs, Sandra

My role models on the way I look is mostly my mother and sister – when I dress I have a selection of clothes and a basic look that reflect the way they dressed.  My hair style (I ear a wig) is similar to my sisters; my use of makeup is minimal like my mother.

One of my SO’s friends is a role model for me as well – she looks so good and chooses her clothes so well – simple and stylish outfits.

I’m sure there are many other influences on me but none that I can clearly identify.

Gail
      Lady

DORIS DAY!!

My role models are usually other CD’s who look so great.  LisaTGirl has some wonderful photos in casual no nonsense day to day situations.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

IMHO, there is a flip-side to this question.  Over the years, I have encountered CDs who are perfectly satisfied with a version of cross dressing which is very relaxed and lacking what many of us would consider essential female items for cross dressing.

For example, whereas I would not go out in public without a minimum of lipstick, eye shadow, and eye-liner, some CDs may feel perfectly comfortable with a clean clear face with nothing at all on it.  Whereas when I am cross dressed, I walk down the street like a lady, some CDs walk down the street like a lineman on a football team.

My point?  Some CDs do not have a female role model and do not desire or need one.  In fact, I would venture to say a female role model is the furthest thing from their mind.  We are a diverse community, and some of us tend to be manly CDs.

BTW, some CDs do not require a female role model, because they themselves are that actual female role model!  I am in awe of many of the many beautiful ladies we have here on CDH.  I could never come close to being as beautiful as they are!

My mother. She was actually a fashion model when she was younger. I grew up trying on her beautiful clothes secretly. Always wished she would give me some of her old outfits. I know they’re in her closet and she hasn’t worn alot of them in years !

Well, the way I see it is that I always start out and end up as my mother.  That’s my default for life in my intersex universe.  But, just like hot rodding my truck, there are a lot of add-ons that I like to put onto my basic frame.  So, in my mind when I’m glamming, I may be influenced by  Sophia Loren, Tina Turner, Geena Davis, Bridget Bardot, Bette Midler, Lady Gaga, Princess Di or Joan Jett, either individually or as a grand mashup.  Thanks again Holly for another very interesting topic.

Marg

Well not sure if she was my role model but after watching my wife get ready for the office every morning for years helped me.
      Watching her apply her makeup, picking out her dress or skirt and top for the day, which slip she may need, watching her select the right colour bra and panties, rolling up her pantyhose and putting them on and adjusting them.  So I’d have to say it helped as I kinda go with that office look when dressing up. Even some casual looks helped me.

After reading through this post, I would have to say it would be my mother. I resemble her enough that people tell me I could have been her sister or daughter. I’m a trans woman and those same people also tell me that I am a classy lady and always dress with very good taste and style. Never did trashy or slutty, no clothes that were overtly sexy, and just the right amount of makeup to do a good job. My one passion, as you can see if you check out my photos, are my nails – I LOVE long nails!

Hugs girls, lots of hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?