Viewing 40 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Do you dress up in your hometown or just in other places.  I live on an island and am in the closet

Appreciate all the love and support. I went out on another island. Got a few great compliments and also one  not so nice  and a few laughs but in the end I love me❤️ And that’s all that matters

—-just a girl weighing her options—-

much love

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Yes, I get my “Full Caty On” about 2-3times a year and go shopping/dining out.. But here comes the spoiler…

It’s always at least a half hours drive from home and I get ready at one of my favorite self contained apartment chains. Check out some of my articles on this in my profile. Melbourne is a city of 5 million people and once “outa here” its easy to blend in.

I live in a retirement village and would never “go public” around here. The gossip mill would shred its bearings and would have a bad impact on my beloved. As frequently mentioned, on here “she knows, but does not want to know”

Happy dressing

Caty.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I live in suburban Southern California.  It’s pretty safe and most people don’t care.  There isn’t much to do in my immediate area.  But I still run errands, take walks, etc.  I do most of my socializing in San Diego, Palm Springs, and Los Angeles.  They’re all easy drives.

I tried it before but It would only be at night after midnight or later, it was a real rush but it felt good at the same time I was very shy at first I was starting to build up the courage to do it quite frequently but I seen some ppl I knew and it really freaked me out so I haven’t done it in so long but I’d definitely would love to try again.

Only underdress  in my small Wyoming town.  Like to spice it up when I travel though

I can’t in my hometown.  That is the only thing my fiancée asked of me.  I am free to go to other areas or to Dallas just not where we live.

So it’s an easy rule to live by for me.

Hi Shelby,

I also live on an island, Vancouver Island in Canada.

I’ve always dressed wherever I was or lived. I’m transgender, a trans woman, and have always known that. I always felt comfortable being dressed in feminine attire as it was what I considered my clothes.
      Wearing male clothing for me was crossdressing.

Don’t be afraid to be who you really are, be confident, walk tall, head high and enjoy being a woman.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Generally, I dress how I wish on a daily basis.  That could mean anything from purely feminine to purely masculine, and everything in between.  I also do not present as woman, or make mask that I am man regardless of the clothing that I may be wearing.  That being said, I do go about town, conducting my business as needed.

I live in a semirural area that tends to be more conservative, but I have not any negative experience.  And I will regularly converse with my fellow patrons and sales associates about whatever.  In my experience, respect will be returned if respect is offered.  I also will frequently receive compliments for my outfit and my courage to be me freely.

To better understand the gist of my response, I invite to you examine my profile photo.  It was take after lunch while I was running errands ahead of leaving for a long weekend.

MacKenzie Alexandra

I often go out in my hometown, even my neighborhood. I’m getting ready to go out for a walk again today, about 3 miles around my block (I’ll do it several times a week), and “Alison” has even met someone on my walks and we’ll chat for a few minutes when we meet.

I’ve gone shopping, including at stores 1/4 mile from home. There was a women’s clothing store and I’d often order online and pick it up at the store, and sometimes shop there. As they were getting rid of their brick and mortar stores a few years ago, I went in en femme and one of the sales associates recognized me and said “Hi.”

I’ve gone shopping in neighboring towns too, but since where I live it is more of a megalopolis, it’s almost like the same town. I’ve picked up food from restaurants too, at least places that I don’t regularly visit.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Shelby, I said yes, I found a couple of CD girls in my home town and one of them and I spend I day a week shopping and end the day at a local pub for happy hour. At first my wife didn’t want me going out as Trish in our home town but I told her there was no way anyone was going to recognize me dressed with make on. I showed her one pic of Trish and after that see agreed. Thanks for the post.

Trish 💖

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I answered yes, but I am still not very comfortable walking the neighborhood as Cassie. I live in a small town (pop 1300). But I did walk my daughters dog while dressed one morning.
      . Cassie

Cathryn
      Lady

Might be some conflict in terminology. I consider my hometown to be the town I grew up in, my extended family lives there, and the town is very small.

I currently live in Houston. Houston is exponential exponentially larger.

I have driven to a town about a half hour away a few times.  I’ve done a few things “relatively” local where there was the potential to have neighbors or people who might know me there but have done those at odd times like early in the morning.  I once did lots of things local with a mask on during covid.  That is still an option if need be.

My probem is not exactly going to be uncommon; not only does my wife not know, but I could guarantee that if any of the overly nosey neighbours were to recognise me, they’d be straight on to her and I don’t want to risk a divorce…  I’m happy enough with the occasional trip out round the neighbourhood… as long as it’s about 3am!  Holly XXX

My girlfriend found out about a month ago not long after I started crossing.. found pics of me on the phone and a few lacy things that I had misplaced 😬😬and it was real hard at first but talking helped a lot and she saw where I was coming from and that I have suppressed this part of me for a long time.  We just went out together for the first time.    Girls night out ☺️

You Go, Girl!  Make the most of it – I’m envious!!!  Holly XXX

Hi! So yes I dress up in my village. Since I’m transgendered and am open about that, I dress in the only clothes I now own….dresses, skinny jeans, short shorts, cute tops, lovely sweaters and heels or ballet slippers mostly. I do not leave my home without some makeup…at least mascara and lipstick every day! Just being me. Hugs, Debbie Lynn

I have drove around in my town dressed, even when threw a couple of drive through, and went to a park dressed and liked it. Been thinking about going to the big city fully dressed.  Comments welcome.

my favorite thing to ware , is a short mini skirt , n suntan pantyhose.

At last yes!!!

Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances, my ‘home’ (I work away from home) is now devoid of my parents. I could never dress with the parents there, so this Christmas, while being a bit sad and empty, has given me the opportunity to do something I’ve always wanted to do – take a walk around my small English village as Alice.

The pub shuts quite early, so after about 9PM it’s pretty quiet, just passing traffic. So a couple of times this week I’ve left the house and gone for a ten minute walk to the centre of the village, had a cigarette, and walked back.

Met some dog walkers, but a simple ‘Hi’ is fine in the dark.

An ambition realised.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I go everywhere dressed as Fiona whether near or far.

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Nope.  Not happening.  If and when I go out it will be in another town.  That is because I love the life I have and don’t want anything to change.  I am certain that even the most accepting people in my life, who would absolutely love me and not care, would still look at me just a little differently and I don’t want that.

💖Lola

I live in a large progressive city and I’m increasingly confident in public en femme. In my own neighborhood, I have dressed freely and publically several times, and my wife and I have been out together to other parts of the city without worry. There’s always a slight danger of bumping into my ex wife, but she doesn’t know my wife, and would never recognize me en femme. There are a handful of others I’d rather not encounter, but it’s an acceptable risk.

The town I went to high school, though, in Western Dumbfuckistan? Wouldn’t be caught dead in. It’s simply not safe for anyone non-cishet or people of color. Why would I even bother?

Anonymous

I go out crossdressed (I haven’t mastered make-up or found a wig so I’m pretty obviously a guy wearing a skirt/blouse or a dress) once or twice a week (and my wife supports that as long as it is someplace on the approved list).     It feels so natural and it brings me joy.   I get some glares but mostly the interaction I have had has been positive and that’s fun.   There’s a risk of being outed to family/friends, but I’m trying to, out of respect for my wife, be very careful.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I don’t mind underdressing when I’m out locally. However, I’m not quite ready for all of the explaining I  would have, if caught out. Right now, Its way too simple for me to go out of town. That usually gives me a week or more to dress. That keeps me satisfied. at least for now.

When the need to dress gets to me and I can’t get out of town. I have gone out for the day to a small city about 30 min away for shopping or getting a mani or pedi.

Anonymous

For me it has always been both. I’ve gone out in public in my town and to other towns as well. It hasn’t mattered if I lived in a big city or a small town, I’ve always gone out as a woman. I’ve found that once I got over my own fears of being seen as a man in a dress, people really aren’t paying that much attention to me as they are living their own lives, so if I present myself as a woman and act like a woman, I’m seen and treated as a woman, so I’ve never really had any problems. To me, going out as Holly is an affirmation of who I really am, so why wouldn’t I go out? And besides, there is absolutely nothing better than going out in public as a woman!!

Hugs,

Holly

Anonymous

There are only 65 houses in my locality, so I reckon I’d be spotted instantly. My wife, as supportive as she is still worries about me being seen. It is on my 2023 to do list to go out driving at night of course, dressed. Katie.

I go out regularly for walks locally – either round the neighbourhood or a short drive to a park or down by the sea. Sometimes I drive down-town for an occasional shopping trip.

We are not chummy with the neighbours and they are out during the day at work; since most of dressing times are weekdays then I can slip out without being seen by them.  When going out to destinations I avoid places where I know my SO’s friends go to.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I live in a city of 100K people and that is a suburb within the greater San Francisco Bay area. I can dress and walk around.

This is not my “home town” when I think of that term. That makes me think of where I grew up.

That was a town of 5k people and I would likely have been beaten to within an inch of my life, no kidding. The town still has a Klan presence and they don’t tolerate LGBTQ let alone CD or TG folks…

When I was a teen in the 80’s, a couple of kids contracted HIV from a blood transfusion, they were hemophiliacs and needed regular transfusions to  help their blood clot.

When word got out that they got the virus, the Klan burned their house down because they were obviously a problem… I don’t go back there very often….

xoxo

Rayna

i replied no for the fact i am not passable plus i don’t need to know my neighbors that i am a cross dresser

I wear a dress or skirt publicly in my small midwestern town almost daily, always with some form of nylons or tights and feminine footwear, but rarely any makeup or jewelry. I was nervous doing this at first, but after 2+ years doing so, I’ve realized that nobody really cares what I wear. I still get side glances and the occasional double take, but I take them as compliments. I realize I’m an oddity, but I’m 100% OK with it.

J J
      Lady

I agree with Emily, here in southern California it is easy to go just about anywhere dressed. I live in a large enough city that it is easy to go out dressed, and I do on occasion, but spend more time in near by cities just because there is more to do. If I am out, there is a small to moderate chance of seeing somebody I know, but the chance of being recognized is very low, so I don’t worry about it.

As for true hometown, the place I grew up in for the first 20+ years, I have no need or desire to go back,  but could easily if I wanted as I have not seen anybody there, other then old neighbors in forty years.

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

When I started dressing more regularly a few years ago (with my wife’s support), I was reluctant to dress and go out locally, except to some welcoming venues.  If we were together, I thought I would be outed in awkward situations.  But over time and tweaking/improving my femme appearance, we can go out and others who don’t know my femme side think my wife is out with a girlfriend.  Then we can choose to divulge…or not.  But usually we do and it has lead to many positive encounters.

I go out everywhere as-is all the time,  Marg is just Marg.

JOJO
      Lady

Initially I only went out “dressed” when I was on a business trip out of town. Each time I went out I built up my confidence to the point where I felt comfortable going out “dressed” in my hometown. Now I go out “dressed” in my hometown and I am pleased to say that I look forward to going out as often as I can. I must say that whenever of wherever I go out “dressed” I ALWAYS do my research to make sure that the environment I am going to is safe.

I was living in maryland with my Girlfriend at that Time. She was unsuportive of LesLee. So Ibwould dnwak out, dress in my suv and deive around or meet others. Since I left Maryland.
      I have only dressed on the privavybof my bedroom. I hve not ventured out here in Pennsylvania, because I livevin a room above the garage of a pastors house. So I surely would be spotted and
      Outed imediately.

Xoxo
      LesLee/ Leslie

Davina
      Lady

No, not in my original home town which is very small or where I live now. I have on business trips, going to malls.

I am dressed 24/7 as a woman, and I go every where I choose as that woman.  I wear leggings, slacks, skirts, dresses, pretty tops, and a apron while cooking or cleaning so to not get my clothes dirty or wet while doing dishes or laundry.  My dream right now is to get that name change.

Anonymous
      Lady

I do not hide anymore, I have hidden long enough. I figure if they see me and accept me they are people I care to be with and if they do not I am better off without them.

Yes, I dress in my home town. I also am not out to my family so I must be rather careful how I go about it. For instance, I usually dress to get my nails done. The shop is on the main street in town with a large glass store front which you can easily see in. Also, the nail station is right by the window. How do I do this you may ask? My nail tech works quite late and I schedule my appointments on Friday nights to start at 8:00 pm. There is very little traffic in down town at that time. Is it risky? Absolutely, but so worth it.

I think in my crazy brain that I would just as soon be found out so that I can let Tommie be in the world whenever she wants. Let the chips fall where they may because Tommie isn’t going away. My favorite movie line “No one puts Baby in the corner.”

Love,

Tommie

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Hi Shelby!

I live in metropolitan Atlanta, which is a very LGBT friendly city, so I go virtually anywhere.

I note in your profile you live in Hawaii, but you do not say which island.  I lived in Oahu, Hawaii for three years (1983-86), courtesy of the US Navy.  We lived on Wheeler AFB in Wahiawa.  My wife, a civilian,  was employed at Wahiawa General Hospital.  I was assigned to the Kunia facility.

If you live on Oahu, I would think you should blend in with the dense population in Honolulu and Waikiki, if you want to go out cross dressed.  The military did not approve of cross dressing back in the 80s, yet I went out a few times cross dressed in Waikiki.  Needless to say, I avoided the Hale Koa military resort hotel even when some military guys I met told me they could sponsor me in.  That was trouble I did not need.  What they did not know is that, similar to them,  I did not require a sponsor.

If you live on one of the other islands, I can understand how you may have to deal with the “small town” syndrome, where people tend to know each other, although my understand of Hawaii in general is the state tends to lean liberal, when it comes to LGBT issues.

I’m not trying to dress to present or interact as a woman so I said, “No.” The “male adjacent” way I do dress? In those clothes I go everywhere in our community (two towns and a village).

Valerie Kennedy
      Baroness

Hi Shelby!

I do not dress in my hometown, which is a typical densely developed suburban area. Pulling out of the driveway and getting out of the block would be tough. It’s just not in my comfort zone and not an urge.

I found a place about an hour away that has worked out great…I knew the chances of running into anyone were very low. That was until my niece decided she wanted to get married there!!! I had to coordinate the visits with when I knew they wouldn’t be there.

there is a salon a few towns over that does CD makeovers. I might try that one but I think it is still too close

thanks!

val

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?