- June 22, 2020 at 12:29 pm #357201HariettaParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2016Topics: 77Replies: 162Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 864 times
Part of my transition to becoming a fully feminized husband is my new hair colour. Covid isolation makes this an easier leap than before.
It was decided that I would adopt an exquisitely and exclusively feminine hue to replace my shoulder length blondiness. A stop at a wig shop was fun and very helpful.
Pastel/fashion colours were very tempting so we did buy a lovely aqua/green/crimson wig, but settled on a very femme copper red. a colour that no man would ever wear.
It is so beautiful! I have literally dyed and gone to femme heaven!
What about you?
- July 2, 2020 at 4:36 pm #360123Amber ScottParticipantRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 40Has thanked: 39 timesBeen thanked: 77 times
Bleached my hair when they allowed hair salons to open again at the insistence of several of my girl friends. They all loved it and I love it too. So now I’ve posed the question – If I were to dye it, what colour should it be? They were all I agreement – PINK! So when I go back pink it is. Be safe all.
Love and Peace,
- June 29, 2020 at 7:51 am #358918patty williamsParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 46Replies: 913Has thanked: 984 timesBeen thanked: 2373 times
I have never dyed my hair but I have considered it.
I don’t have enough hair for Patty but I have considered it anyway to look younger.
so who knows I may try for my male side.LOL
- June 29, 2020 at 7:45 am #358917
- June 24, 2020 at 9:54 am #357722Janet williamsParticipantRegistered On: January 4, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 37Has thanked: 85 timesBeen thanked: 70 times
- June 24, 2020 at 8:23 am #357702KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 172Has thanked: 91 timesBeen thanked: 482 times
Hi Harietta, I’m with Cyn. I last wore a wig in 2017 (just when I retired from work). My hair is a gray/auburn mix and has grown past my bra strap. The color matches my skin tone so no need to mess with what naturally works. Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- June 28, 2020 at 1:23 pm #358690
- June 23, 2020 at 9:35 pm #357594
- June 23, 2020 at 6:20 pm #357563Sandy JaysonParticipantRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 67Has thanked: 137 timesBeen thanked: 205 times
Haven’t dyed my hair yet but am thinking of doing it soon once the covid restritions die down a little more. I probably will only color it to my natural color to hide the gray. I do like my longer hair now, it is just down to my shoulders, which feels so neat. also the ends are starting to curl up just a little.
- June 23, 2020 at 2:16 pm #357499Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 135Has thanked: 320 timesBeen thanked: 481 times
I guess the one thing I am blessed with is a ( mostly ) full head of hair with few white invaders in it. Women have told me how much they love my so called strawberry blondish color, so I’m not messing with it. Yet. Mind you since I have the styling skills of a bald redneck I’ll need a wig anyway.
- June 23, 2020 at 11:31 am #357447
- June 22, 2020 at 8:43 pm #357325Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1128Has thanked: 1532 timesBeen thanked: 2861 times
- June 22, 2020 at 7:43 pm #357319skippy1965 CynthiaAmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 110Replies: 1244Has thanked: 544 timesBeen thanked: 1307 times
I have never dyed my hair cause once you start ya have to keep it up. And that gets pricey! So at age 55, I just embrace the gray/silver/brunette blend of my natural hair which is all I’ve used for the last three years(last wig I wore was early 2017).(People pay big money to get a similar look lol) Now I ‘m just continuing to let mine grow.
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by skippy1965 Cynthia.
- June 22, 2020 at 2:59 pm #357236Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 58Replies: 576Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 1473 times
- June 22, 2020 at 2:19 pm #357232Alison AndersonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 214Has thanked: 82 timesBeen thanked: 662 times
I have dyed my hair now for maybe 25 years. But it is always the same color as my hair, a very dark brown. This is mostly to cover up the grey.
I don’t get a lot of grey, but I get it just in front. When I wore my hair as a guy, parting it from the side would cover it up. Now it is long (about to my bra strap), so I comb it parting in the center. This makes the grey hair in the front cover more of my head, increasing my desire to get it colored.
Also, my grey hair is wiry, and hard to keep looking manageable on top of my head, even flat ironing it. When the hair is colored, the hair is smoother and more manageable.
- June 22, 2020 at 1:49 pm #357221Genivieve BujoldParticipantRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 40Has thanked: 118 timesBeen thanked: 129 times
I’ve never dyed my hair in total, but have used the tints to match my greying hair to my wigs! Many is the time I have contemplated growing my own hair and then having it colored and styled in some very feminine manner!
- June 22, 2020 at 1:22 pm #357212T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 160Has thanked: 566 timesBeen thanked: 478 times
Don’t have anywhere close to enough hair, going on 74, no matter what color, to pull that off!
I get so many kind remarks on my wigs, I could never ask for more.
Wigs take away decades of aging. It’s so exciting to be all dolled up, made-up and slip into a beautiful style/ color of hair. I always tell the younger folks starting out, to buy only quality wigs. This is one place not to scrimp.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.