Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi girls

My wardrobe, shoes, jewellery and accessories are growing and I nearly have a complete outfit.

The only thing missing is earrings, especially as i have no make-up or wig yet. I have always wanted to wear large gold hoop earrings.

I have never had my ears pierced and although i may scrape through with explaining 1 ear, how do i explain the other?

There is a much much wider range of earrings, compared to the clip on ones. Having pierced ears also takes me further along in my journey.

It is heartbreaking to see a pair of earrings, that you know will go with an outfit, but cant bu them.

All adice greatly appreciated.

Love
      Michelle

Michelle
      I think you should do it it is no one’s business what you do with your own body I am also thinking about doing it

Jenny

Anonymous

Hi Michelle,

I’m not sure I should be giving advice – it took the best part pf 50 years to get mine done since  I first thought of it.

Well there’s always the ‘it was almost as cheap to do two piercings as it was one’ argument. Then you could keep inconspicuous ‘man studs’ in them for every day wear.

I did mine quite recently, and if people have any thoughts about it, they don’t say. I’ve only got two pairs so far, and not bothered about man studs,  but I won’t be stopping there. I think men with earrings are much more commonplace these days.

Marti xxx

Hi Marti

I am in my mid fifties.

I am very butch in drab form, not physically but mentally. So getting 1 ear done would be a shock, 2 would raise questions.

I thought about the 2 for 1 myself, it might just work if i appesr jokey but then disinterested about it.

Love
        Michelle

Why? No need to joke about it.
          I’ve had them done but then pulled them off when my wife got a bit flippant about it and let the holes seal up. I regret doing that.

Both genders have been piercing their bodies for centuries but apparently it fell out of favor for the more ‘refined’ male about 200-300 years ago. This really has been the case for many items originally made by men for men than eventually became a woman’s domain. Heels, hose, make up, hair pieces, bustiers, etc. all fall into this category.

Hi Michelle,

I too had earing envy for a while, I rarely do makeup or wigs but wanted some nice studs and smaller hoops to wear. So about a year and a half ago I just went for it and had both ears pierced. I’ve worn earings fulltime since then with the only comments being how nice my earings are.

I’m 61

Hi Olivia

I have a tendency to over think things and then end up passing somewhere and just pulling in and getting done what i was overthinking.

I then always tell myself, see it wasnt so bad, but then overthink again the next time.

Love
        Michelle

Nicki Johnson
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Nicki

I feel that getting my ears pierced, brings me 1 step closer to the woman, i so desperately want to be.

Love
        Michelle

It’s on my list too…

Hi Michelle girl just go for it like said no bodys business but yours and a step closer to being the woman you are is a plus .. Girl in the past i have posted that i had mine done from my wife oh gosh has to be 30 to 35 years ago did the one to be the cool guy when went to work and got harassed by workers and the boss i had at time .. now the boss was a pain so me being me went home and as wife went to store a sat down and did the other one just to piss him off whitch id did ha ha job complete wife didnt mind as today i still wear gold or silver hoops about dime size to quarter size .. there are so many pretty kinds to choose from  and a girl only lives once he he just do it ..

Stephanie Bass

Hi Stephanie

I know you are right, if i can do in person shopping, surely i can do this.

Love
        Michelle

You are right Michelle you got this girl have fun ..

Stephanie

Anonymous

I got my ears pierced in September after 40 years of worrying about what other people would think.

Absolutely nobody cares that I have pierced ears.

Go get em if you want them.

Caroline ❤️

Hope Roberts
      Baroness

I think about getting my ears pierced all the time but my wife is resistant. Maybe when I retire in a couple years.
      I agree we need pierced ears on our journey to womanhood. And my wife has so many pairs of beautiful earrings she never wears!

Anonymous

You can buy adaptors to convert pins to clip-ons. Works for me. Try EBay.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve been thinking of having mine pierced too. Clip ons always seem to slip off at the wrong time and I can’t wear heavy dangling earrings for that reason. Also my hair get tangled in them and pulls them off. Only problem is the wife doesn’t want me to do it but I’m about at the point of not caring.

I’ve had both ears pierced for 15 years and have only received compliments, no one has ever been negative about them, as far as I know. I have about 20 pairs but I wear small balls most of the time but I lost one so, until I find more I am wearing small hoops. My favorites are large hoops.

Before I had pierced I wore magnetic ones. There aren’t as many styles, of course, but I’m sure you can find some that you like. The only problem is the magnets are pretty strong so they can pinch your lobes. It’s also possible you might lose one but that happens with pierced ones too.

Hi Mary

I could lose one of my lobes ?????????

Love

Michelle

No, you might lose one the magnets! If you lose the magnet you will probably lose the earring as well.

All good advice. I am an earring addict with all sizes of hoops and dangling ones. With my hair shorter now and love showing off earrings of all kinds and never had a problem en drab with small holes showing

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Hi Michelle,

One of the ladies here mentioned the adapters which is a good idea. Also If you look in E bay they have hooped ear rings that clip on.

I haven’t had my ears pierced but have plenty to wear so haven’t felt the need to get my ears pierced. Maybe it’s because I am a bit chicken!  

If you can’t find a real reason not to have your ears pierced then do it!

Dee Frost
      Baroness - Annual

There are 2 different issues here. First, after initial piercing there is the healing phase of the holes. You’ll need 6-8 weeks without taking them out, etc., for them to heal.

Secondly, there’s the disguise phase. Really, no one particularly cares, right, left, both. Really. But, you can essentially make the holes invisible. Wipe the index finger down the bridge of the nose, and it will pick up a light coat of skin oil. Use thumb behind the earlobe and the oiled index finger over the piercing hole. Pull down slightly and firmly on the earlobe.  Let go! You’ll be hard pressed to see the piercing hole.

Learned that one in medical school from a dermatology fellow, also a CD. I demonstrate that frequently for patients who really don’t believe me that “no one really cares!”

Dee

Thanks Dee

I will definitely try that when the piercings are done.

Love
        Michelle

You can get some lovely clip ons,i have a few pairs gold and silver that stay on me,not cheap either but look fantastic xx

I work with several guys who wear earrings in both ears and as far as I know, no one cares. They wear diamonds or very small hoops. These days, there aren’t many who care. I think you’d be fine getting both pierced.

Hugs, Jill

Fifty years ago a man with pierced ears was either gay, a hippie or a biker. Now it’s just another form of expression.

Thirty years ago I had mine done by a friend “who knew how to do it.” It was a bloody, painful and ultimately infected experience. I had to let them heal over and went years with fear of trying again. When I came out of the closet it became a priority to have it done again. Clip ons were ok but always falling off or painful. This time I had it done professionally, it was quick and painless. The only problem was the technician had to work around the previous scar tissue but she took her time and got them centered perfectly.

Now I wear earrings 24/7. Mostly small flower starters since they are cute. I have balls for man mode but rarely use them. (unintentional bad wording there) The hoops and dangles are for special dress up, I like my white dream catcher hoops with feathers best.

My advice: get them pierced professionally. Get small ball studs for male mode and whatever you like for dress up. You will have few if any comments in male mode and the female side will be more complete.

Beth

Hi Beth

A major jewellery chain here will pierce your ears for free, as long as you buy a pair of earrings from them. So i will go there.

I have heard too many infection stories.

Love
        Michelle

Dee Frost
          Baroness - Annual

Go GIRL!

I am delighted for you. You will love yourself so much more for having done it! Do it, and do it today. Just go. RUN.

Michelle, please keep us posted when you do get them pierced. If I was in Belfast, I’d go with you personally for support and encouragement.

Dee

ps- I’ll PM you about my last trip to Belfast in ‘72.

Go to a proper piercing salon. I’m in the Uk and used Blue Bananna. They use the clamp and needle method. You do into a dedicated room which is cleaned before every cystomer. All the kit is sterile, and you come out with a care package. You are not say in a shop window on a stool whilst a kid with a piercing gun gets at you.
          Clean them every day with salt water. You do this for 6 weeks. Don’t fiddle or twirl the studs. Do not remove them unless you have to…. No worries about infection at all.
          A jewellery shop that will do it for free if you buy earrings isn not what you are looking for…. A real piercing salon will only let you have studs and they will either be gold, or some hypoallegenic material specific for the purpose. They will also be sterile.

Cerys.

Anonymous

Yes, cerys, I agree.

Marti. Xxx

I am 54 years of age and had both my ears pierced back in October. I have never had the need to explain why I had them both done. I actually want to go back and get a second set done, but my wife isn’t keen.
      If you want pierced ears, go and get it done. You do have to wear studs for 6 to 8 weeks. These should not be removed for that period of time, o once they are in, they are in.
      I love having pierced ears. I wish that I had them pierced decades ago.
      Stop faffing about. Go and get them done. it’s 2022…. It’s OK these days!

Cerys.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Michelle, just go for it. I did get a few comments at work the first couple of days, but that went by fast and no more comments. The last 2 weeks I have been wearing small heart shaped earrings and NO comments about that at all.
      . . Cassie

Becka
      Lady

I want to wear earimgs, but have no idea what kind!

Zoe
      Lady

What’s weird for me is that before I was a CD, I had pierced ears, both ears, several holes on each ear. No on seemed to care that both my ears were pierced, at least no one said anything.

I have since let them grow over, now I am contemplating re piercing them.

I think just do it. I am starting to realize most people notice less than we imagine that they will notice.

there is an earing called spring clip hoop. If you google it you will see. I use the smallest size and add any other ring parts I like to the hoop.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I ordered some hoop clip on earrings from Amazon. Check them out. Sure, pierced ears would be better but I can’t do that right now.

Hugs. Liara

I had my left ear pierced in 1980. Back then it was “left is right, right is wrong”.  I’ve started wearing an earing (small black stud stone) all the time at the start of the new year. Part of my “new year- new attitude” and screw what anyone else says. (Pushing the dressing limits with the wife too!). No one has said a word so far as I usually only wear it to concerts or bar hopping at night all these years. When I dress I wear one pierced hoop and 2 clipon hoops. I like the way 2 earrings clang against each other on my left ear. 🙂

OMG, go get your ears pierced. You will love it. It’s really no big deal anymore.

I got both of mine pierced over the summer. Kicking myself for not doing it sooner. My doctor even prescribed me a numbing ointment which I forgot to use. Haha

Nobody has said a thing about it, other than my friends who think it’s awesome. Some women friends I know are telling me where to find cool earrings. Which I think is really funny.

Will mention I’ve been traveling all over the southern US, and not a peep. I’ve even been thinking about getting more.

So go get them both done. 🙂

These days there is nothing strange about a man having both ears pierced.

I remember when I first wore earrings. I found an old pair of my wifes and they were tangle earrings but they were not clip ons. I wanted to wear them so bad. I bit the bullet and just pushed them through my ears. I loved how they looked and felt all night but come morning my ears were infected.

Thankfully I have an understanding wife who told me never to do that again and she convinced me to have my ears pierced.

I was willing to do one but felt people would question me if I did both. My wife convinced me that there’s nothing strange about a man having posts in both ears.

So I now wear posts by day and pretty dangle earrings by night.

Maybe young uns but not the more mature. Not around my area anyways.

Love
      Michelle

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?