- March 3, 2021 at 11:04 am #457043Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2000Has thanked: 3881 timesBeen thanked: 7058 times
The other kind being fingernails. I can’t have pretty nails because of a problem with two of the nails on each hand; so I decided to try some falsies. When I bought a set and attempted to use them, I discovered that my real nails are wider than the store-bought kind. My thumbnail is half again as wide as those in the box – and I’m not a big girl or with large hands. So…does anyone know of a product on the market for someone with my problem?
- March 3, 2021 at 9:32 pm #457289Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 523Has thanked: 434 timesBeen thanked: 2404 times
- March 3, 2021 at 1:27 pm #457103Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 78Replies: 790Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2609 times
A trick I learned from a make up artist is to buy false female Toe–nails for your bigger mail thumb nails. This solves the problem of coverage on your bigger nails. I have big hands and wont “go public” unless I”‘ve done my nails”
Between the “normal” finger and bigger “toe”, I end up with good coverage.
But you do end up with lots of tiny ones in the bin!!…
- March 3, 2021 at 7:29 pm #457252
- March 3, 2021 at 12:56 pm #457094
- March 3, 2021 at 12:54 pm #457093Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 36Replies: 908Has thanked: 278 timesBeen thanked: 2912 times
If you have a cloth tape measure could you measure across your thumb nail? Mine measure about 5/8″ or 15mm. I’ve always had good luck with Kiss Impress medium length press on nails. They come in packs of 30 assorted sizes. I found if I laid them out carefully I could get two full usable sets out of a package. The hard part is finding them anymore. Over the years I bought lots of sets on sale both at Amazon and ebay. They also sometimes had buy one get one free sales at the Kiss website and I would buy a bunch of sets at a time every time they had that promotion. I’m not sure why they stopped selling them. Possibly they were larger than most women could use and they didn’t want to sell to cross dressers but don’t know that for sure. You can still find some on ebay. You can easily wear them for a week and I once wore a set for 14 days without losing one but they were starting to look bad so I removed them.
- March 3, 2021 at 1:00 pm #457096Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 36Replies: 908Has thanked: 278 timesBeen thanked: 2912 times
Here’s an example and a decent buy. Just be sure they say “medium” on the package.
- March 4, 2021 at 5:27 am #457427Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2000Has thanked: 3881 timesBeen thanked: 7058 times
Thank you, Celeste. My thumb nails appear to be 17 mm, but you and the other wondrerful ladies here have given me several good sources to try.
- March 3, 2021 at 12:28 pm #457084Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 51Replies: 1093Has thanked: 3803 timesBeen thanked: 5663 times
I use false nails but normal sizes fit fine ( lucky me)….
I did type wide fitting false nails into ebay….lots come up advertised for men and women….i cant comment on the size or quality of them as i havent purchased them….but there are quite a few there….
huggs to Ziggy
- March 3, 2021 at 7:23 pm #457244
- March 3, 2021 at 7:21 pm #457243
- March 3, 2021 at 3:27 pm #457150
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.