Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

OK Girls ,

A girlfriend asked me if your finger and toe polish should match?

I never really thought about it

Is there a rule of thumb regarding this or is it a personal preference?

Hugs Patty

Mine match, but mainly that’s because it’s what I have out to use, lol. I think they should though, especially with open toed shoes

Anonymous

That’s up to you ultimately. My opinion though is this: if toes show, they should at least complement each other if not match. If not, free for all.

Anonymous

I completely agree! I have 3 options.

1-matchimg fingers and pigs (you know, this one goes to market, etc.)

2-nude color on fingers or pigs and color on the other.

3-french tip fingers with any color for the pigs

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

I think your toe and finger polish should match, especially if you are wearing open toe shoes.

Anonymous
      Lady

My go to nail style is French tips so I use white for my toes. It’s not easy to do French tips on my toes. If I have red nails then I have red toes.

Anonymous

Depends on who you ask.

Older ladies will mostly say “Yes”.
      Younger girls will mostly say “who cares”.

So, I’d say that if you are attending some event, matching fingers&toes will be the way to go. Any other time, whatever makes you happy.

Anonymous

So many girls want matching bra and panties. (1) Your bra should be barely noticeable in public. (2) Unless in intimate situations, no one should see your panties. Other than personal vanity, why match bra and panties. I don’t care to match B & P except for special occasions.

In the same frame of mind, toes and fingers should match for vanity’s sake. Personal pride.

Toes, if exposed, should match fingers because everyone can see both at a glance.

Toe polish is harder to keep looking nice. Shoes and socks during the week wears away polish. That tiny little dot for the pinky toe is hardly worth the exhale to get down there.  Wearing sandals makes the effort worthwhile though.

Eileen

Anonymous

As one of the older ladies that Gabriela mentions, I say yes, but it really has nothing to do with age, it all has to do with style. When I paint my nails, I choose a color that will complement my outfit. If I’m wearing closed-toe pumps, you won’t see my toenail polish, so it really wouldn’t matter what color they are. But I like to wear sandals and peep-toe heels a lot too, so you do see my toenail polish, so just like on my fingernails, I like it to match and complement the dress or outfit that I’m wearing.

Simple, huh?

Hugs,

Holly

Makes sense Holly,

you dont look older to me sweetie.

Huggs Patty

Anonymous

Thanks Patty! You know how we girls always want to look younger, so that is sweet of you to say that!

Hugs,

Holly

Peta Mari
      Lady

My answer is yes, no, maybe.

Some people paint their toes the color of their accent finger nail.

Personally I have found some colors that I like on my toes don’t look great on my fingers and vice versa.

So I may wear a light blue on my fingers and a darker blue on my toes.

I also mix and match gloss and matt overcoat. Having a matt finish on the toes can create a powerful effect.

I agree Mary,

Some colors just dont look right on one but fine on the other.

Probably just one of my quirks>LOL

huggs Patty

My age and my OCD both say yes, they should match.  Even though I always wear closed toe pumps, I still try to match – usually a deep red, mauve or pink depending on my outfit.

Oh Stephanie,

I love closed toe pumps but you should try some open toe shoes ,Its so fun to see your polished toes in heels.

Huggs Patty

Patty,

I’ve thought about buying more open toed shoes – right now I only have one black pair with an ankle strap that are for evening.  Here’s my problem – I love wearing hose and I know it’s frowned upon to wear hose with open shoes, so I wear closed instead.  I probably shouldn’t care about such a “rule”, but I’m very conventional.

The funny thing is, when I was a kid, one thing that always thrilled me was seeing a woman wearing hose with open shoes.  The hose stretched across her toes was really exciting.

Steph

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

No.  It’s personal preference.  Personally I don’t care.  The lady that does my nails says it’s about 50/50 with her clients.

Interesting Emily,

who would have more insight than a lady that does it for a living.

Your so lucky to have a lady that does your nails ,you rock.

P.S. I so love your photo you are so cute.

Huggs Patty

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Agree.  My nail lady should be an authority.  Thanks for the compliment.  Always appreciated.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Patty,

I don’t think there is a hard fast rule whether or not your fingers match your toes.  Personally, I am happy to wear any polish, matching or not, on my fingers and toes.  I usually have a color on my toes and clear on my fingers.   I think if I were to get all dolled up for a night on the town, you bet I would have a matching mani/pedi.

Robin

Hi Girlfriend,

I totally understand.

I hope one day I can treat you to a full mani/Pedi.

You so deserve it

Huggs Patty

I’ve only had color on my toes and then only in winter – as for my fingers I’ve only had clear – I don’t think it would have to match but should be complimentary

XOXO
      Suzanne

I so get it Susanne ,

I only get to do my toes but it is heaven girlfriend.

Huggs Patty

Hi girls, check out my nails in my public photos, I love that color and will be using it on both fingers and toes, it’s a gel polish called “Vintage Wine”.

Love you,

Lauren M

Hi Lauren

I love the color and the fact you real nails are so long and pretty.

I so admire how you took care of your family and now are embracing you girl side.

Your beautiful.

Thank you for sharing girlfriend.

Huggs Patty

Thank you so much Patty, that means a lot!  I’ve always loved and admired long fingernails, they’re such a feminine statement! As soon as I knew I was going to transition I started to let them grow, and now, if I need a little boost of confidence in my femininity, I just look at my beautiful nails!  🙂

Love,

Lauren M

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Patty, for me I rarely have the same polish on my toe as I do on my finger nails. I like a dark coffee colour on my toes and various other colours on my fingers. Don’t ask me why, I just like the dark polish on my toes for some reason.

Cheers,

Trish

Hi Trish ,

Its funny I find also I like certain colors on my toes and different colors on my fingers.

Though I dont get to polish my fingers very much.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Huggs Patty

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

In general if it’s warm weather and I am going barefoot or wearing sandals showing my toes, I will match my toes and fingers.  If my feet are covered, I usually don’t pay attention to matching – and I get to enjoy two different, lovely colours!

Stevie

Hi Stevie,

That is so incredible you get to show your toes off in summer.

That must be such a rush.

I would love to be able to do that.

Huggs Patty

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Not everywhere Patty, but there are some places I can proudly “wear my colours”, and I love it! 🙂

Anonymous
      Lady

I bought new nail polish that I thought matched the color I got my toes painted at the salon. Just painted my finger nails and found even though the are both purple, they are not the same.

Awww darn it Tina,

Im sure it looks good,

At least you get to go to the salon to have your toes done.

so many of us girls would love a real pedi in a salon, you rock girl!

Patty

According to what I have learnt over the years (both through a 28-year marriage to a wonderful woman who not only supported and schooled me in crossdressing but was also a self-taught make-up expert) and also reading tons of women’s magazines, toenail polish should generally be a shade or two darker than the colour on your fingernails.
      There is no mandatory “matching” rule, although there might be colours that obviously clash or look odd when paired. Depending on the style you’re dressed up in (and the context), two apparently “mismatched” colours can look good and draw attention to a positive aspect of your general appearance.
      [Disclaimer: I am not a fashion expert].

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?