Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hoping everyone is smiling on this spring weekend.Β  Β 🥀🌷🌹.

I use false finger nails ( its a work thing )….i buy a myriad of different colours to wear, its not a fashion thing…its because i can!!…

I usually wear them all weekend while i am off work. So on friday night, it is pamper night for gracie.Β  💋💋

I will stick on the nails, but then i trim and file them so they are just two or three mm above the end of my finger/ thumb…sometimes oval shape or sometimes coffin….my choice.❤️

Why, because even after years, i just have not mastered using long nails…to do ANYTHING.

Grace typing in long nails should really be a short video for all to see….award winning comedy……and the language!!!!!

Don’t get me wrong, when first fitted, they look sexy and beautiful….but are so impractical…..and dont start me off on typing using ” your pads’…..gvygde crap nhgtx !!!!

So girls…..do you grow your own nails or use falsies ??…and how long is too long ??….

nail bitingly, grace xx

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

I’ve never used false nails, because I’ve always assumed them to be a lot of a faff removing, especially if its just for a few hours – I’m still not out and about so to speak.

Being a contrary sort, I do grow out my own nails quite often. In my case I use a hardening coat, but I can expect to start having breakages at the 5 mm beyond the finger tip mark. They aren’t very forgiving – one went only yesterday and is now a ‘negative’ length. I do envy those who have overcome this problem by taking more care of theirs.

So my own nails will never present as a coherent set, their lengths are all over the place. But there’s something about longer nails that I enjoy. For instance they seem to demand attention as in “why don’t you give me a bit of colour?”. Which I do, and then I forget. I found myself walking a friend’s dog yesterday, picking up a lead, and realising I had two nails (why?!) painted a rather fetching pink. Another d’oh moment.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Marti.

“why don’t you give me a bit of colour”?…

I could never argue with that!!!

Huggs, grace ❤️

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Hi Grace,

I let mine grow to about almost to 3/16 th of white then trim them back to only a bit of white. People notice when they get long but then the next time they see me they’re shorter. No one has said a thing about it. I am still a little new to dressing so I kind of let them stay in growing mode.

However, I think Im blessed with bionic nails. They never break and i could probably chip paint with them.

Anonymous

Wow..

Nails that dont chip…you are bionic !!!!…

and the envy of many…x

Hi Grace 💕

Wish I could have longer fingernails. But as an OR nurse you’re not allowed to have them any longer than short. And I’m too lazy to use false nails. So now I’m sitting here typing with my short red fingernails. And feeling good about it.

Hugs Lily

Anonymous

Lily- Rose.

Im glad you’re happy…because being a nurse in the world these days means you are also an angel.

Huggs, grace ❤️

I use false nails that are about 3/16″ (about 4mm) longer and kind of a squared/slightly rounded end. I like the look at this length and I can do most anything needed. Personally I do not care for the appearance of Long nails and some extreme are rather creepy to me. IMO only.

Sandy

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Grace, Ah fingernails.Β  I let them grow until they break and I have to trim them all back and start all over letting them grow.Β  Never ending cycle.Β  Sometimes my wife will comment that she thinks they are too long and sure enough one or two will break right after she mentions it.Β  Not that I believe she is jinxing them but a coincidence?????Β  Hmmm.

Fake nails?Β  Nope, I’ve never used them.Β  Would I be willing to give them a try?Β  Sure, why not.Β  I’d have to pick some time when my wife is away on holidays.Β  I think you know my wife well enough now to know that she would never ever been seen wearing fake nails.Β  She doesn’t let her nails grow and she never puts any colour on her nails.Β  So she would never want me to be wearing them either. Too girly she’d say.Β  Although my daughter wears fake nails all the time.Β  My daughter and I are much more alike than her Mom and her.

I used to play guitar in a band so the fingernails on my left hand would be very short and the nails on my right hand would definitely be longer.Β  I don’t know how girls with finger nails on their left hand play the guitar, pressing down on those strings is hard enough without nails.

That’s all for now, Time to head outside soon for my afternoon walk.Β  Lots more melting happening, all the new snow that fell yesterday has gone away though still leaving the old more densely packed snow.Β  BUT I know I’m a broken record, the forecast is for SNOW again on Wednesday (that’s the day I have an appointment for my first COVID shot).Β  Fingers crossed the weather guys are wrong.Β  Big Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Krista…

Guitar in a band….gosh, the legend grows…

please forgive me if I’m misinterprinting your relationship….but it seems your wife is happy in drab…and you are the bright girl…you are a perfect but somewhat opposite match ???

Good luck with the shot❤️

Grace xx

Krista
          Duchess

So Grace, here is an interesting story about how I got my very first good quality wig.Β  Our band was playing a non-paying gig in front of a hundred or so close friends when we decided we should wear wigs just for fun. The others all bought cheap $10 party store fake wigsΒ  BUT I went to a hairdressers shop and asked if they had any wigs they used for training purposes that I could buy.Β  Sure enough they had a gorgeous good quality auburn coloured wig that fit me perfectly they said they could part with and I got it for only $25.Β  I’ve worn that wig for years (prior to me retiring and letting my hair grow long).

Oh, here is another story.Β  The band played for a staff Christmas party (again non-paying) but heck they were all friends.Β  A bunch of the lady staff figured they would have fun with us so when we started playing they rushed the stage and threw panties at us.Β  Little did they know how appreciative I was in getting a free pair of red bikini panties.Β  Β I’ve got so many stories I should write them down one day.

Take care my friend, Hugs Krista.

Anonymous
      Lady

Grace I used to use false nails but they just destroyed my nail beds so I decided to heck with it and let my natural nails grow. I usually keep them a bit over 1/4” or .7cm. They are always maintained and clear coated and kept looking nice… unless I’ve been on my 5 minute shopping bender, then I occasionally break one. My wifey used to comment that they were a little obvious but she doesn’t say much now as if you look at the whole picture they are just another part of my obvious femininity. I haven’t ever had anyone say anything bad about them, but have had some ladies comment that they wish their nails looked that good. Take care.
      🍷C

Another great question. I use my own nails, and try to keep them about 3 mm, when I break one, I do leave the rest, and just ignore that one, I know, not right, but what the hay?
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Hi Grace I use the glue on type of nails as these stay on pretty well and a little long for my own good but look so pretty .. AS if Stephanie gets to come over on Friday night they go on than paint them a color to match the dress im going to wearΒ  really if you use the glue that comes with them and don’t cover the bottom half of your nail and press them on they stay on great and coming off slip a pocket knife under from the side they pop right off but sure look pretty when done ..

Stephanie

Wow Grace, you and I are on the same wavelength! I was just going to start a post for nails. “Beth to Grace, Beth to Grace. Do you copy?”

Β My nails were what started my serious exploration of Beth and serious cross dressing. One day, still as male, I noticed my nails were long and thought I should trim them. Suddenly a voice inside screamed “No! Shape and paint them!” And so came my introduction to my unnamed female persona. She had always been there, I just didn’t know it.

So I started to work on my nails as I got to know my girl inside. My first attempt was with my toes since I could learn and still hide mistakes. After watching YouTube videos I began. Red of course, let’s not be shy. It actually came out pretty good.

Now on to the fingernails. Learned a lot about nail care, cuticles, trimming, sanding, base coat and top coat. Wow, a lot of work but a lot of fun! Of course red was the first color I used (have to match the toes!) A few mistakes were made, remove it and do it again. The end result made me and her happy. Now let’s see how long we can get them to grow.

Got them up to about 3/8″ before damage set in. Trimmed them up eqaul, about 1/8″. Painted each one a different color in an effort to decide what we liked. Of course she chose pink. What else would a new girl just coming out to the world choose?

Let them grow out again as I got to know her and she convinced me to dress more often. As time passed we worked on finding her a name. After several failed attempts one day I said “Beth”, she screamed “YES” and Beth became a person.

The nails got out to about 3/8″ again and I was getting several compliments even though I was still dressing as male when out. Unfortunately they started breaking. I found fake nails in the perfect pink that almost matched my pink polish. Using the fakes only over the broken nails I was able to keep going, my real nails were getting long, close to 1/2″ and the broken ones were growing out again.

Then disaster struck. In a period of two weeks all but one nail chipped, broke or tore. Including the fakes! It was then that my GG best friend told me that the glue for the nails was damaging my real nails and I had to stop. Beth cried.

We trimmed everything but the one surviving nail back to start over but they were still damaged and ragged. Then IΒ  discovered Biotin. Yay! My nails are feeling stronger and have grown enough that we’re starting over with polish. Beth wants every other nail silver or gold this time. She is getting a little exabitionist streak, this might have to be pulled in if it goes further.

In the meantime we hope to grow the nails long again, at least 3/8″ or more, but strong with the Biotin.

💅❤

Beth

Anonymous

Hi Grace Sweerheart,

I cannot get my nails to grow. They keep chipping, splitting and flakeing on me so I can’t get them to grow past the tip of my fingers. So I am confined to fake nails. I haavve tried the supplement Biotin on my doctors recommendation and used it for six months but still had split, chipped and cracked nails. When I went back to my doctors I told him that the Biotin didn’t help he then told me that it was an aging process and there was essentially nothing I could do. So I am down to fake nails.

My nails are wide and the normal fake nails for women are two small. I haven’t found a larger size that fits my nail bed yet but I hope to go to a beauty supply plasce soon and hopefully find what I want there.

Kathleen xxxx ❤💋❤💋❤💋

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Grace,

What a wonderful topic.

When I finally accepted my gender fluidity I magically stopped biting my nails.Β  I’ve since kept them well manicured and let them grow out.Β  The longest they’ve been is about 4 or 5 cm (about 3/16) before they either chip, break or my wife reminds me to trim them.Β  She usually says something like “are we having difficulties picking things up?Β  Maybe you should trim your nails.”

As a woodworker I am pretty tough on my hands and my nails end up paying the price.Β  When they start to get longish, I will wear a strengthener or a clear top coat to keep them pretty.Β  I’ve considered having either gel or acrylic overlays done so they can put up with my abuse.

My nail are rather large so I don’t think regular press-on nails will work.Β  I would love to walk into a salon and ask for some killer coffin shaped acrylics.

Cheers,

Robin

Kimmy at my nail salon knows only Debbie and she keeps mine about 4 cm and has shaped them in oval or sometimes straight blunt look. I wear clear polish in male mode and love them. At times I have used the false nails when I have broken or chipped a nail and prefer a 5 cm when purchasing them. I like using pink plum and red colors and find that they make me feel and look so feminine. It is an art to learn how to pick up things and button a blouse or type on a keyboard but I got that down now. Dont underestimate how important they are as most women really notice

Rayna Carlian
        Duchess

Just to clarify, 4cm(40mm long)? That’s a pretty long nail! Is that total to the cuticle or 4cm from tip of finger extended.

You keep them that long at all times male/femme modes? That’s amazing! I can’t grow mine more than 4mm from the end of my finger without breaking them on something. How do you keep them from breaking?!

xoxo

Rayna

Anonymous

I see women with actual talons and wonder if they only use bidets….just saying they don’t look ver practical.

Anonymous

I see women with actual talons and wonder if they only use bidets….just saying they don’t look ver practical.
      Although I have to be honest I did let them grow for a couple of weeks before the wonderful makeover I got at Genevieve’s Beauty Parlour in Brockville, Ontario (my thumbnail photo BTW). I was planning to use some nail stick-on colour strips in the car after but their manicurist called out…
      “Girl, no one leaves this salon with nails like that! Sit your pretty butt down and let’s get to work.” It was magical.

Pumped
      Lady

My nails are crap! I can not grow them out at all so when I want to I glue on a set of fake nails. I generally just go maybe 1/8″ past the finger tip, but I do have some glue ons that are about 1/4″ past. I have a set of glue on tips that require using acrylic and powder to blend them in. A lot of work for a day of wearing. They are ridiculously long, over 1/2″ past the finger tip.

As for doing normal tasks, yes it can add a bit of difficulty. Typing for example. I use the tip of the nail, so it is an adjustment. Try pick up a penny from the floor or counter top, about impossible! Cooking, buttering a piece of bread can be a challenge. One Sunday morning when we woke up my wife thought I was crazy as I was still wearing a dress. Try as I might I could not grab the zipper pull behind my back and she was asleep already so I said “screw it” and went to bed dressed! Of course it meant bra and forms too and at that point I just left my nylons on.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Pumped.

Hi Grace great topic! I try to grow them to about 1/4 ” i dont use false nails because theyre usuall not wide enuf and the wide ones for crossdressets are very pricy. I like the look and feel of my own nails although it is a bit of a chore removing at the end of the weekend

Anonymous

Very funny Laura….

so who puts on her lipstick????

Anonymous
      Lady

Uuuh…. CREEPY! Β Not for me. I’m questioning bathroom etiquette here?
      🍷C

Anonymous

Yikes…shock, horror…..my partner wears make up….he never told me !!!!

Haha xxxx

Anonymous

Never mind the lipstick, how does she you know….. clean up….. after….. you know….🧻 The mind boggles…..

Somewhat revolted

Diana

Anonymous

time for that after market bidet I saw on Shark Tank!

Anonymous

💩💩💩💩oops.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 xx

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?