Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Love em or hate em garter belts do have a use. But I’ll be damned if they want to cooperate. Maybe it’s me and not the newer manufactured garter belts but the fasteners to clip the hose in place are not nearly as good as they used to be. If you want to spend nearly $100 in a garter belt or the usual $35-$45 I have found that garter belts just do not stay clipped to the hose. I bought a 6 belt garter belt with good reviews and was hoping the fasteners would be different from the $15 cheap ones. SMH! Nope, not at all. How disappointing it is because I really love wearing hose with a garter belt. The movement of the elastic straps upon your thighs as you move is so sensual. It makes you feel like getting dressed lol Bettie Page. I do so love the look of the mid 40s, peep toe pumps, hose and garter belts, beautiful skirts and dresses and of course the hairstyles. So classy but alas the new garter belts are not very good at keeping your hose on. This would be great in the right place at the right time, if you know what I mean. So now the question I need help with. Does anyone know a brand name, store or website that has 6 strap garter belts, which remain clipped to the hose, at a decent price? Anyway thank you so much for any and all information, toodles! Love ❤️ and hugs 🤗

Danielle💋👠

Hi Danielle…hope this finds you improving daily…behind in my correspondence as usual.  Betty Paige……oh yes…I do remember her. Saw her picture in a barber shop when I was seven….I was just mesmerized. Sure I saw my mothers GBS…white…but didn’t think too much about it. But Betty…all in black…well there was a very odd attraction to her.  Danielle….all you need now is a “bullit bra”, I have only found one place on internet. And the leather accessories for play….UM um um!

Till later……

Hugs Sweetie!

Sister Veronica

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi Danielle,

Try Her Room for starters and if that does not work google “what Katie did” for a brand name

There’s an Australian site “kiss me deadly” selling up market belts, plus google “The Lingerie Addict”.

If you contact any of these folks I’m sure you will get good advice.

Cheap GB’s are a waste of money. You need one with at least six straps and metal clips and try only to attach and tension with just the strap. If you pull on the clip it will come off and even with a good pair of pliers, they never seem to go back and stay in place.

I’m just like you. Just do not like panty hose and stockings are a must

Hope this helps.

Caty

Hi Caty,

Hi Thank you so much for the advice and sites. I’ve shopped “Her Room” before and found their products to be exemplary. Why I forget these sites is beyond me (heavy sigh). I think I am having blonde moments. I haven’t had many of those since high school, lol. Even my wife has noticed the increase of blonde moments. Oh well, an accident sucks when a concussion is involved. I think I am going to start a post asking for websites and break it down to;

lingerie –

bras & panties –

stockings –

garter belts –

shoes –

blouses & tops –

slacks –

dresses informal –

dresses cocktail –

dresses formal –

skirts office –

skirts evening out –

skirts casual –

C/D items & accessories –

jewelry –

it it would be interesting to see the responses and have it set as a sticky post and people can add to it.  Love ❤️ and hugs 🤗

Danielle💋👠

Hi Veronica,

Yes I seem to be better than the last time we chatted. I think I’m going to be living with a couple of deficiencies for the rest of my life. My balance is shot if I move too fast and I still get dizzy spells while driving. Headaches if I concentrate too hard and  those damn bugs in my brain every now and then. There is a sight that has classic lingerie and undergarments from the Bettie Page era. I will find it again because it has the torpedo bras from the 40s, girdles with and without garter straps, traditional nylon and silk stockings, it is a wonderful website. Since my other laptop crashed I lost all of my hundreds of websites for stockings, hose, shoes, etc…. eventually I will find them all again. Love ❤️ and hugs 🤗 sis

Danielle💋👠

Thanks for this post, as this particular garment has been on my mind lately !

It’s probalby my body style, but while I do wear the traditional 4 garter garter belt occasionally, they just never seem to really “work” for me – it’s either the cheap clips like you talk about, or I don’t have the hips to keep the belt up, or something …

What I have found that works, and that I like how it looks, is a ‘belt’ with a bit of size to it (vs. the simple ‘string’ style), or a girdle (old fashioned, I know !!).  Both with 6 garters.  I never really worry about anything falling down with the extra support.

[quote quote=135876]Thanks for this post, as this particular garment has been on my mind lately !

It’s probalby my body style, but while I do wear the traditional 4 garter garter belt occasionally, they just never seem to really “work” for me – it’s either the cheap clips like you talk about, or I don’t have the hips to keep the belt up, or something …

What I have found that works, and that I like how it looks, is a ‘belt’ with a bit of size to it (vs. the simple ‘string’ style), or a girdle (old fashioned, I know !!). Both with 6 garters. I never really worry about anything falling down with the extra support.

[/quote]
      I use hold ups with a suspender belt. Due to the fact we don’t have the hips to hold it in place and traditional stockings pull down so it all moves. Utilising hold ups with the belt stops this from happening. Hope this makes sense

as far as the clips go I always had issues until I changed the way I set the clips. I now thumb the clips together and get very few separations

Anonymous

Hi Danielle  I am very new here.  I just wanted to share that I absolutely love garter belts with silky stockings and high heels   what an amazing feeling and look they can give.  I agree that it can be a challenge to find the right style or fit . I mostly shop amazon, but that is probably because I am a closet dresser. I would love to hear from you, and possibly chat sometime soon.

Donni
      Lady

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I love my garter belts too.  When my garters were not holding I bought ‘replacement garter clips’ from somewhere online.  They seem to work way better.  I’m not giving up my stockings so I am determined to solve the problem.  LOL</p>

I like the brand Sofsy it’s an Italian brand I found on Amazon and am absolutely in love with their products. For a garter belt and stocking combo it was 50 or 60 bucks I think stand if you have prime they have free 2 day shipping

Selyne Phoenyx

i love garter belts , i always use to wear it , yesterday my bf purchased me a dozen of garter belts from https://www.apparelshopusa.com/

Mona
      Duchess

Hi Danielle,

I feel your pain.  I love garter belts but getting the clips on the stockings is always a frustrating challenge.

I was walking down the bedding aisle in Walmart one day and noticed some packages of bed sheet clips.  A light bulb went off.  I was in a hurry so didn’t buy them then and there, but later found them on Amazon in both white and black colors.

They work great! But a couple of caveats: they are a bit clunky, and while they easily and firmly attach to the stockings, you also need to wear something substantial for them to attach on the upper end.  I often clip the upper ends to the bottom of a corset and they look great.  They will also attach to the bottom of a camisole or bustier.  I’m sure they would work with an actual garter belt but it would need to be a fairly thick one.

For a better look, I have painted the outside of my metal clips (the side that shows) in black or white to match the color of the strap.

Hope this helps!

Hugs,

Mona.

Laurel
      Lady

Try Secrets in Lace and also Etsy. They both have fabulous six strap garter belts. Only buy them with metal clips, plastic doesn’t hold and breaks easily. StockingsHQ also has multiple strap garter belts up to 14 straps, super sexy. Not very cheap for any of them but one good one makes all the difference. SIL also has fantastic 100% nylon stockings in opera lengths. Good luck!

Hi Danielle  I love wearing wearing stockings and suspender belts  (UK), have done all my cd life ,first clothing of my own were a pair of panties , pair of stockings and a suspender belt , couldn’t wait to get home and try them on ,what a lovely feeling and sometime later added a bra to the collection . I now have some six S/B ,two of which are in a sets with matching bra and panties ,I find to be any good must be metal clips ,these cheap plastic ones don’t hold the stockings very well and break .Just bought a six strap suspender belt with 10 hooks at the side to do it up ,a lovely feeling doing the hooks up ,then pulling up a nice pair of white panties over the top and then putting on my stockings and attaching the suspenders ,must admit having a little trouble with the back ones ,but as they say  ‘practice makes perfect ‘ so getting easier every time .I also wear open girdles ,panties over and my stockings ,this combination along with the tucking gives me a very smooth front appearance and restricts my movements ie makes me walk more like a lady ,which is great .     Michelle  xx

Hello Danielle, I only wear Secrets and Lace 6 strap Garter belts! They are very well constructed and will hold your hose up all day! Very nice metal clasp that are easy to attach to your stockings, They are a little more money but so Sexy! Paula

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?