Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Perse
      Lady

Hi everyone,

My love of feminine apparel has been with me a long time but it is only fairly lately that I have seriously  committed myself to actually having a proper wardrobe of clothes for my alter ego. I could never understand the females in my life who would have hundreds of pairs of shoes for example  but as I have let Perse into my life more, I have found myself fighting the urge to press Buy Now when a cute pair of heels shows up on EBay.

I have been married to a wonderful woman for just short of 40 years who knows nothing of my rediscovered passion. I don’t know if I could ever tell her or if she would understand, so like one or two on here, I keep it hidden. It is not pleasant deceiving her but I don’t think this is just fad.

So this weekend she is going to visit friends and I think Perse is going to get some dress up time. I also think that it is time to start applying some make up.

I have never worn make up before. Now I think I am ready for what the outcomes are more likely to be. More Coco the Clown than Coco Chanel. So Youtube tutorials are going to get a lot of views.

First of all I will have to acquire some war paint for my new adventure. It is a little too late to order online where I am, so I will have to buy this instore. I don’t know if I have the cahones to ask for each item individually so I am thinking of a starter kit sort of thing but I don’t really know what to get. At this stage of my development an expensive kit would be a ridiculous waste of money (but maybe an idea for the future me) so I am wondering if anyone would have any suggestions for me

I am UK based so any UK High Street retailers would be great.

Thanks for reading this

Perse

P.S. Others outside the UK might have their own regional takes on this quandry

W

Samantha R
      Duchess

If you will click the link here about “Get professional make up help” you will eventually navigate to where you can send a photo and they will point you in the right right direction with which tones will be best for you based on your skin tone.
      Some advice I was given was “LESS IS MORE”. It will take some time to get your look. Don’t forget the remover.

Good luck and enjoy.

Hugs!

Perse
        Lady

Never gave remover enough thought. Thank you Samantha

Dear Samantha,

What would be the best thing to use to remove lip stick? Would cold cream work?

Livi

Samantha R
        Duchess

Liva
        I just use a makeup remover wipe.

Hi Everyone,  For years I’ve used Neutrogena Makeup Remover Towelettes.  They are simple and work well.  You can get a pack at Target for about $6.  They are commonly used in show business and on stage.  You can put some in a zip baggie to take along with you in your purse and leave the bigger pack at home.  I hope this helps.  Marg

Perse
        Lady

Thak you Diana for the encouragement

Perse
        Lady

Thank you Marg. I think I’m getting my replies all mixed up. People on here are a very kind bunch so I’m looking forward to participating as I have just been keeping to the background since I found this place

Diana Stockton
      Baroness

I tried my own makeup for a long time and I looked terrible.  I finally got the nerve to get a professional makeover at a Sephora.  Best thing that I ever did.  I even took a video of the process to study later.  The big advantage is they helped me with beard cover and my colors.  At the end I bought all the right ones.  In the past I kept on getting new ones realizing they looked terrible and throwing them away.

Good luck learning the art.  It is a wonderful travel.

J J
      Lady

I highly recommend sucking it up and going for a professional make over. You can do it en femme or en homme, but you will learn all the basics, get all the right products and all the right tones and colors. You can go for full glam, or just basics. I would recommend just basics, because you will want to go another time and do a glam look. Sephora, Ultra and MAC all do make for us, and no doubt there are many other options like department stores and salons as well. If you have any concerns just call and ask if they are comfortable doing CD make up.

Another option is using a CD service, there are several in the UK, and at least two I know of in London. I had a great time at mine with Mzs Lola.

Perse
        Lady

Thank you JJ. The idea of having a full make over is both enthralling and terrifying. At the moment there are certain restraints that mean that this is out of the picture for the foreseeable future unfortunately.

Hi Perse

Your quandary triggered so many memories for me.

When I had the strong urge to try make up I had the same issues. Irrational fear that I was doing something wrong, shameful, embarrassing.

I started by going to a Tesco in a neighbouring Town where nobody knows me. I also picked quiet times, and used to skulk about until nobody else was near the make up shelves, then pounced like a vulture on a carcass. Brands like Maybeline and Rimmel have ranges there.
      I started with some liquid foundation, lippy, eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush and bronzer.
      Then as my confidence grew so did my make up collection, brushes, proper removal products etc.

One of the many epiphanies on my journey,  SHOP ASSISTANTS AND STRANGERS DON’T CARE WHAT YOU BUY.

Since I have progressed to more premium brands, even had a makeover at an Estée Lauder beauty counter in Boots. Bought the double wear foundation, found it gives good coverage post shave.

B x

Perse
        Lady

Thank you, Bianca. I never thought I would have ” coming of age issues” at my age

Makeup at first can be overwhelming but with practice it will be become a fun girly experience.

Do not go expensive at first or ever. There are some great drugstore brands that are just as good as the top makeup brands. For example elf cosmetics, Maybelline and Revlon to name a few.

If you can please get a makeup tutorial at Sephora or MAC. Well worth the money.

YouTube tutorials are good to a point but remember that we are applying makeup for a different reason than women. Our goal is to femininize our features to soften our male facial structure. For example women contour to enhance their cheeks. We contour to create cheeks.

You will find it maybe frustrating that each makeup artist has the best technique to apply makeup. Wrong. What is best is what works for you. For example foundation application can be done with a brush, sponge or hands or a combination of all three. Neither is right or wrong it is what works best for you.

Last if you can get a good set of makeup tools. Good tools make the application process much easier.

Please reach out to us if you need help.

Alanna

Perse
        Lady

Thank you so much Alana

Going to echo it on the getting a personal makeover. They will let you know on face shape and tips directed at you rather than more generic help you will get on YouTube.

Try different brands. Not just more expensive ones. A simple switch in my eyeliner made a world of difference. It holds better and applies smoother.

Apply makeup on order of hardest to easiest way first. Nothing sucks more than restarting from scratch cause you messed up the hardest task at the very end.

Perse
        Lady

Thanks for the tips Jenny

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?