- November 18, 2021 at 5:39 pm #577523patty williamsAmbassadorRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 85Replies: 1567Has thanked: 2623 timesBeen thanked: 6036 times
Hi Ladies ,
I bought a cute one piece swimsuit on line that was covered with a glittery material and it changed color depending on the how the light hit it from purple to silver.
It looked Beautiful
So it arrived Last night and I had to try it on.
I took it to our master bedroom and tried it on and looked at how cute it looked on me in our master bathroom.
After I take it off I see it,Oh Know glitter every where.
I spent the next hour swiftering our floor and shaking out bathroom rugs.
Girls I think Im done with glittery clothing.
Huggs Patty LOL
Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- November 20, 2021 at 6:10 am #578024patty williamsHostessRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 85Replies: 1567Has thanked: 2623 timesBeen thanked: 6036 times
Ok Girls after the Christmas card Comments floating around Ive decided I dont want to be on your Christmas card list this year.
Hahahaha ,you all are so bad.
- November 19, 2021 at 7:11 pm #577892Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 170Has thanked: 3285 timesBeen thanked: 728 times
I remember finding glitter from Christmas cards a couple years later. I can’t imagine cleaning all that so your wife didn’t find it!
- November 19, 2021 at 6:56 pm #577888BobbiLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2018Topics: 30Replies: 1671Has thanked: 1844 timesBeen thanked: 4489 times
- November 20, 2021 at 6:07 am #578023
- November 19, 2021 at 8:40 am #577708Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 616Has thanked: 1594 timesBeen thanked: 2964 times
If you have someone who you grudgingly have to send a card to every Christmas, send a glitter card and await the call to tell you it is a lovely thing you think of us every Christmas but maybe it is time to stop??
Who put the litter in Glitter…..
- November 19, 2021 at 5:27 am #577651Anya CarpathiaLadyRegistered On: September 8, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 168Has thanked: 179 timesBeen thanked: 802 times
A lesson well learned and in your own space. A shame too, for it clearly was a delight.
Other tell tale moments to watch – stray single hair from a wig, sequins from skirt or underwear. Tiny pieces of paper that line the packets and boxes. Receipts, security tags, labels and plastic attached thereof. Paper from shoes, and price labels that were not attached. Yes girls, there is an art to being “ tidy” when it matters.
You guessed, I’m closet!!.
However- we are who we are,
Girls have to do what they do. I’m not one to give up because there is a “ risk”.
The risk is sometimes the urge to dress. But mostly, we do what we need to do.
Don’t get me wrong, friends, I admire you all- there is no envy here. Just amazing appreciation. We are who we are and we are exhorted to be ourselves. That is ok for me! And I hope for you too.
- November 19, 2021 at 6:16 am #577667
- November 19, 2021 at 5:16 am #577647Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 709Has thanked: 3363 timesBeen thanked: 3576 times
- November 19, 2021 at 12:20 am #577607Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 160Replies: 3796Has thanked: 14288 timesBeen thanked: 22786 times
Dressed to kill in glitter….you disco diva!!!!….
I think Glitter is like Marmite….you love it or hate it !!
I love glitter eyeshadow…but checking there is none right in the corner of your eyes is a MUST….no matter how well you think you have removed it…. there’s always something in the corners!!!
but what a weapon too!!!…anyone you don’t like, just send heavily glittered Christmas cards…..they will be trying to hoover it up from out of their carpets and rugs for months!!!….I even add more loose glitter to the envelope sometimes…haha.
Naughty grace xx
- November 19, 2021 at 7:04 am #577675
- November 19, 2021 at 6:15 am #577666patty williamsHostessRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 85Replies: 1567Has thanked: 2623 timesBeen thanked: 6036 times
Hi Grace ,I’m not sure what marmite is,you’ll have to school me on that.lol
Oh I love glitter eye shadow but I can’t imagine getting it in your eyes.
My daughter did the glitter in the Christmas cards to her sister in Fla.
She still finds glitter snd its been two years.lol
Thanks for sharing Gracie
- November 18, 2021 at 7:30 pm #577556Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 1580Has thanked: 4511 timesBeen thanked: 4884 times
Patty, I hope you cleaned it up well enough to avoid any awkward questions!
I too love glittery clothes, and have the same thing happen to me sometimes and it gets a bit tense doing the clean up!
- November 18, 2021 at 6:59 pm #577550PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 326Has thanked: 1322 timesBeen thanked: 1307 times
- November 18, 2021 at 6:50 pm #577548K SwimLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 659Has thanked: 313 timesBeen thanked: 1346 times
You know my love of one piece swimsuits. I’ve got a couple shiny ones in my collection. Some are covered in fine glitter, some are shiny material. It’s kind of hard to tell by pictures until you see it in person…and my method is to just place the order when I am up for it. Fortunately, I made my glittery messes when I was single, so I was able to take my time to clean up.
- November 18, 2021 at 6:04 pm #577536Liara WolfeLadyRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 744Has thanked: 1254 timesBeen thanked: 2682 times
- November 18, 2021 at 5:52 pm #577527Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 43Replies: 1251Has thanked: 331 timesBeen thanked: 4567 times
Now now ,a little glitter on the floor is a small price to pay for glamour. With me it’s sequins. I remember going to a party many years ago and left a trail wherever I went. At least I didn’t get lost.
- November 19, 2021 at 5:53 pm #577881HostessRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 85Replies: 1567Has thanked: 2623 timesBeen thanked: 6036 times
Hi Celeste ,
Now a sequin out fit is one thing I dont have .
Ive been wanting a pretty sequin dress may have to look into it.
- November 20, 2021 at 5:08 am #578006Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 43Replies: 1251Has thanked: 331 timesBeen thanked: 4567 times
They are fun. The last one I bought a few months ago from an Amazon special sale for $15. Not all over sequins but sequin patterns. It was a 20’s style flapper dress with fringe at the bottom of the skirt. I also like Bob Mackie wearable art cardigans that have pretty sequin patterns. Especially nice when the sun hits them and they flash pretty patterns on the walls etc.
- November 19, 2021 at 12:44 am #577615Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 1513Has thanked: 4703 timesBeen thanked: 7392 times
As a sequin addict, I resemble those comments!
Glitter and sequins is the new, er… glitter and sequins.
I used to love the looks of the glam groups in the early 1970s, and I don’t think it’s ever left me.
There was a 1973/4 episode of the children’s television programme Blue Peter which followed and interviewed Sweet, who were awesome, by the way.
I distinctly remember them saying that they raided their sister’s wardrobes for costume items – and I loved that idea, aged 9…
Tidying up the shiny bits after a night out is a small price to pay for the feeling of being glammed up to the 9’s.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.