Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Well, I officially go back to work tomorrow after being off since November first. That is good for me financially but that also means I can’t be dressed all day long as I have been since mid December. I won’t be able to dress at work because it’s just not practical (although I will always be wearing panties as usual).

I am not returning to my previous employer. That has some pros and cons. I won’t go into all those details except for it’s relevance to CDH. I would not have been in a position to come out at my previous employer. The work environment and the types of people in the general public that I would have been in contact with would have serious issues with my long nails and manicured eyebrows. As for my new job, even though I can’t dress, I have already come out as transgender to my boss and talked about my crossdressing. So, it’s no secret and I wouldn’t be surprised if my coworkers already know. And I can tell the truth about my eyebrows and nails. Hopefully, I can avoid damaging my nails.

Anyway, it’s good to already be out with them and good to have more income coming in again. Sucks that I can’t wear a dress or skirt all day and sharing them in the public photos but it’s a small concession to make.

Anonymous

Mika,

It’s kinda exciting though, and I’m left wondering if, since you “fronted” the issue and they seem to have no issue with it generally, if you may at some point be able to visit the notion of dressing at work? Obviously, I don’t know what the job is and whether it’s feasible, but it might be worth exploring!

Good luck and God bless!
      Steph

Thanks, Stephanie. I am going to be out in the woods building trails. Lots of digging in the dirt, using chainsaws, moving rocks, and some bushwhacking through heavy brush. So, jeans and work boots kinda work.

Anonymous
      Lady

Mika so happy for you on both fronts, having a job AND being “out” with them.  As Steph said, maybe this will be an opening to be a little more femme or at least androgynous as time goes on?  I wish you the best in your new endeavors and hope it’s even better than your hoping for.
      🍷C

Thanks, Carolyn. I’m gonna be building trails out in the woods. In drab, I always wear skinny jeans anyway and that’s about as femme as I’ll be able to get doing this kind of work.

Anonymous
          Lady

That actually sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day. My family loves to hike. For what its worth there are some really cute hiking boots and Deluth Trading has some cute women’s hiking and outdoor clothes. Enjoy nature for all of us.
          🍷C

Congrats on the new position and the at least partially accepting workplace!

Thanks, Vecca. They are very accepting. I was congratulated by the company owner when I came out. I have already known three of the seven people for several years and they are good accepting people. Even if someone had an issue with me being trans, I know they would rally around me.

Congratulations on the new job Mika!

Alice

Thanks, Alice. I’m going to be getting paid to do something that I love doing so much that I had volunteered over 2500 hours doing it in the past. It’s only going to be for the next two years but it may lead to what I would consider my dream job.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Glad to hear of your good fortune! The world is slowly changing, and I’m glad you have found your way into a better situation.

Amy

Thanks, Amy. The world is definitely changing. I’m the oldest person on the crew by a long shot. Most of the guys are in their upper 20’s to lower 30’s. Possibly, couple could be under 25. These younger generations are definitely more accepting and open minded. I’m 48.

Anonymous

Hi Mika! Overall it seems to be a good situation for you. All the best!

Thanks, Jennifer. Yeah, overall it’s great. I’m definitely happy.

Hi Mika,

I’m glad your starting this job with more of a sense of who you are and being open that’s awesome.

Good for you.

Patty

Thanks, Patty. It’s exciting. I have told others, in the past at other jobs, that I was a lesbian in a male body. But those were all without saying transgender or Crossdressing to anyone. Big difference and it’s good that it’s already out there.

Eona Oh
      Lady

Oh to be open with everyone…you are brave and wonderful. Enjoy your new job. ❤️

I’m so happy for you! I was thinking of you just the other day, wondering where you’d gotten to. Sounds like a great place to work, a good job to do, and fine folk to work with.

Bridgette

Thanks, Bridgette. I took a little break while I did some serious shopping and was trying to find my style. Then, I didn’t post in the forums much but I was posting new outfits in the public photos. Now work is cutting into all that. But that’s okay.

Anonymous

Congrats and thank you for sharing. A win for one of us is a win for all of us!

Haley😘

Thanks, Haley. I started today and I don’t even know how many of the crew knows I am trans. But it was definitely great not hiding my long nails and not breaking any of them. LOL

Glad to hear you are out with your boss & crew.  Wish I could do the same at my work… just too risky.  I am SOOO glad you are on that build crew too!!!  I can’t wait to ride those trails!  We need to get some femme bike clothes & ride those trails dressed!  Tgat would be FUN!!

I honestly don’t know if everyone knows on the crew. But I didn’t tell the boss to keep it secret. I think everyone knows because nobody has asked about my manicured nails and sculpted eyebrows.

One interesting thing that I have seen is that cisgender girls that mountain bike don’t dress any different than guys. The only way we can do it up is with wigs and forms, lol. I’m not sure I want to mess up either of them even though it does sound like fun.

I was thinking forms & a jog bra, maybe a pony tail for under the helmet, and a pink trisuit & gloves.  I’m pretty sure that outfit would pass well enough on a bike… of course, as you know, I have almost always favored lycra on the bike, even when mountain biking.  My own little way of getting close to “dressing” in public all these years.  🙂

Yeah, I’m not saying I won’t do it. But I definitely would want another wig so I wouldn’t get my good ones all sweaty and nasty. I have been looking into sports bras with pockets. It’s a bit of a gamble to know how well my forms will fit. Anyway, it’s a good idea and something I would do eventually.

I just wanted to update everyone. When I came out to my boss, I did not tell him it was a secret. So, I wasn’t sure if my coworkers were aware of my lifestyle or not. Today, one of my coworkers asked me about Crossdressing so I know now that everyone knows. As I mentioned previously, they are all open and accepting folks and it isn’t a big deal. We had a good conversation about it and I look forward to sharing it with the others if they bring it up too.

Kathleen
        Duchess

I’m so happy for you Mika I’m struggling right now you hang in there and be a beacon for everyone else

Marvellous Mika!

Glad you can be back at work and even happier you are having such a positive experience with your new coworkers!

Polly

Thanks, Polly. It’s so nice as long as I don’t break a nail, lol.

And that, Mika… happens all too often! That’s why I generally put 3-4 coats on my nails! And… never without a topcoat that’s clear and armoured! 💅🏼

Polly! 💋💋💋

Me! She no doubt has better nails and brows than mine!!!!!! While that is probably true, I would just ask advice. Go get ‘em Mika!

In my old position, on the occasions that I would deal with the general public, I would often be around a lot of ultra conservative people who would be armed. I would hear a lot of crap come out of their mouths because they just assumed that I would have similar beliefs as they do. Some coworkers would openly trash alternative lifestyles and use racial slurs. The public contact was even worse.

LOL. Thanks, Vecca. I did have to cut them back recently because of some bad chips and breaks. But even now they are almost twice as long as being cut short. I’ll probably have to get some Hard As Nails so I don’t have problems when they get really long again.

Thanks, Laura. My closet is already bursting at the seams with skirts and dresses. But once I take my uniforms from my old job out, I will have more space to fill. 😁

Thank you, Geneviéve. I’m excited because it’s something that I love doing with some open minded friends as my coworkers.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?