- January 15, 2022 at 10:57 am #612179Karen SpudetParticipantRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 206 timesBeen thanked: 96 times
Okay ladies I have run into a problem lately. It is when wearing a garter belt, the strap won’t stay hooked to the hose. Is there a trick to keep them hooked?
- January 21, 2022 at 5:22 am #613920Cece XLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 116Has thanked: 2293 timesBeen thanked: 721 times
I have to admit that garter belts are an absolute nuisance to get on correctly, but so worth it. As impractical as they are, I love them. I may get pantyhose in the near future just for practicality, but in my mind they are too granny looking.
- January 20, 2022 at 12:39 pm #613757PumpedLadyRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 137Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 483 times
- January 20, 2022 at 12:06 pm #613743Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 755Has thanked: 50447 timesBeen thanked: 1827 times
- January 16, 2022 at 3:33 pm #612611Grace DarlingLadyRegistered On: January 12, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 42Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 154 times
I’m committed to going for garter belts full-time…
But, I think they are very fiddly – unless you get the six strap metal ones that Secrets in Lace and others do. That’s what I’m aiming for.
Love to all,
- January 16, 2022 at 1:16 pm #612567Regine KellyLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 1464Has thanked: 20371 timesBeen thanked: 6973 times
If thety are the button type, as mine are, you may have to squeeze the metal together a bit to make them tighter on the button, but be careful, it is easy to squeeze too much.
Also, make sure you have the button pushed all the way to the end, in the loop.
I wear them quite a lot, and do have the same issue, but hey,,I still love the look and feel
- January 16, 2022 at 11:05 am #612537Michelle DohertyDuchessRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 15Replies: 277Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 1113 times
- January 20, 2022 at 12:54 pm #613765ZoeLadyRegistered On: December 13, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 73Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 329 times
Same for me, I seem to have limited success even getting them done up. I just put on stockings and hope gravity forgets about me sometimes. I have also gotten a pair where the garter and stockings are all one piece. Not quite as elegant, but not horrible either.
- January 16, 2022 at 8:58 am #612507Eileen BachBaronessRegistered On: February 27, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 265Has thanked: 139 timesBeen thanked: 1101 times
- January 16, 2022 at 7:13 am #612473Catherine DicksonLadyRegistered On: January 22, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 272Has thanked: 332 timesBeen thanked: 1645 times
The idea of a garter belt seems so feminine and appealing, but as I’m thinking, it occurs to me that probably zero GGs wear these anymore, except if they are trying to look sexy for their SO. Which makes the whole idea kind of odd. Still, they do seem beautiful and maybe I’ll try them some day.
Good luck with yours,
- January 15, 2022 at 11:31 am #612193Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1007Has thanked: 3745 timesBeen thanked: 4686 times
Always an issue. Make sure that you have the right size for you or go a little oversize. One size fits all is sometimes not for the larger frame. Metal fasteners are better than plastic. If the thicker upper band is too thick and you don’t mind, scrunch the band up and clip to the thinner nylon. Another trick is to use sock glue – I read this on another post and it seems to work as I got some.
- January 15, 2022 at 11:13 am #612186Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 1236Has thanked: 7584 timesBeen thanked: 6132 times
Depends on the hose and clips. If you’re using stay up thigh highs then they are. thicker around the top band than normal hose and you will need larger clips to hold them. Some of the plastic clips are too small for thigh highs while metal clips usually will work.
- January 15, 2022 at 11:22 am #612189Karen SpudetBaronessRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 206 timesBeen thanked: 96 times
- January 15, 2022 at 11:25 am #612190Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 1236Has thanked: 7584 timesBeen thanked: 6132 times
Hmmmm….. not sure of the type you have…. are they the type that has a little button like tab that slips into a slot of the clip or ones that are like alligator teeth? Would be great if we could share pics in our posts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.