Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Karen Spudet
      Baroness

Okay ladies I have run into a problem lately. It is when wearing a garter belt, the strap won’t stay hooked to the hose. Is there a trick to keep them hooked?

Anonymous
      Lady

Depends on the hose and clips. If you’re using stay up thigh highs then they are. thicker around the top band than normal hose and you will need larger clips to hold them. Some of the plastic clips are too small for thigh highs while metal clips usually will work.

Karen Spudet
        Baroness

They are metal and not stay ups.

Anonymous
          Lady

Hmmmm….. not sure of the type you have…. are they the type that has a little button like tab that slips into a slot of the clip or ones that are like alligator teeth? Would be great if we could share pics in our posts.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Always an issue. Make sure that you have the right size for you or go a little oversize. One size fits all is sometimes not for the larger frame. Metal fasteners are better than plastic. If the thicker upper band is too thick and you don’t mind, scrunch the band up and clip to the thinner nylon. Another trick is to use sock glue – I read this on another post and it seems to work as I got some.

The idea of a garter belt seems so feminine and appealing, but as I’m thinking, it occurs to me that probably zero GGs wear these anymore, except if they are trying to look sexy for their SO.  Which makes the whole idea kind of odd.  Still, they do seem beautiful and maybe I’ll try them some day.

Good luck with yours,

Catherine

One wonders if the logistical problems with keeping all the pieces connected are a reason behind this apparent obsolescence?  I speak as a garter lover, of course.

Hi Karen

I only wear garters when I am feeling sexy or the outfit demands it. They are way too fiddly. The rest of the time I wear pull ups or tights.

Love
      Michelle

Zoe
        Lady

Same for me, I seem to have limited success even getting them done up. I just put on stockings and hope gravity forgets about me sometimes. I have also gotten a pair where the garter and stockings are all one piece. Not quite as elegant, but not horrible either.

If thety are the button type, as mine are, you may have to squeeze the metal together a bit to make them tighter on the button, but be careful, it is easy to squeeze too much.
      Also, make sure you have the button pushed all the way to the end, in the loop.
      I wear them quite a lot, and do have the same issue, but hey,,I still love the look and feel
      Hugs, Regi

I’m committed to going for garter belts full-time…

But, I think they are very fiddly – unless you get the six strap metal ones that Secrets in Lace and others do.  That’s what I’m aiming for.

Love to all,

Grace

Hi Karen; the reason your garter straps are not staying hooked to the hose might be because they’re too short and the tension is “popping” them loose. Try increasing the length of the straps; hopefully they’re adjustable.

Pumped
      Lady

Sometimes it helps to take a plier and squeeze the metal clip together, just a bit to make the opening a bit narrower.
      I had a couple clips that just would not stay and a light pinch to care of it.

Cece X
      Lady

I have to admit that garter belts are an absolute nuisance to get on correctly, but so worth it. As impractical as they are, I love them. I may get pantyhose in the near future just for practicality, but in my mind they are too granny looking.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?