• This topic has 24 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hair color question

Anonymous

My natural hair color, when I was younger was a strawberry blonde. Now that I’m older and am mostly bald, my hair color is darker, with a lot of grey.  My wigs are blonde, since that is the color I prefer. I could also move to a brunette color, which appears to look okay, but I prefer blonde.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My wigs are close to my natural hair color – medium dark brown. But several of my wigs have highlights, which I love. When I retire in a few years I plan to let my natural hair grow and get a feminine style.

Prudence
        Ambassador

Emily I love the blond streaks in my. My natural is almost as long as my wig. I cant wait to get it styled.  Hugs  Pru

Prudence
      Ambassador

Mine wig is more Brunette than my natural hair..  I have some high lites in it I like.  Thanks Leah

Anonymous

Younger, I was dark brown. Now at 74: White, & much thinner volume.

My wig I wear most is a Ginger below ears, above collar. I have a gray, mixed silver. I have a brunette, shorter and a collar length.

Checkout my gallery to see….

Dr. T.J.

My wigs for the last few years have been mostly the same color as my natural hair, a couple have been darker and a couple have had a lighter highlight to them.

Wigs at earlier ages were shades of blonde to almost a raven black.  As I don’t have any gray hair on my head, yet, I won’t buy a wig with it either.

PaulaF

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

my own hair colour is a bland mousy mix with a lot of red and white due to age and skin pigment issues, however I have shoulder long hair which I keep coloured a reddish shade (often dark red in winter ) which goes well with my complexion and green eyes – it maybe a little loud for my male side but thats just me !

Dawn x

Seren
      Baroness

Mine was dark brown, but I started going grey in my early twenties. Now it’s a mix white grey, brown some blonde, a bit over shoulder length, and very unruly! I started using my wife’s silver/grey conditioner which has brought out some copper tones. I really fancy red, but might settle for some coppery streaks or are they lowlights??

can’t wait for my first salon trip!

S xx

My hair, when I had it, was what we called “s##tty brown” my wigs are various darker blondes
      Regi.

Anonymous

My natural color is dirty blonde. If I grew it out and had it styled, I would want it a lighter blonde color.

IsabelB
      Lady

I opted for ‘different hair colour’ as what little hair I have now is pretty much all grey and I don’t wear grey wigs!  The colours I do wear vary – they mostly used to be similar to what was my hair colour (dark brown) some with highlights or auburn tints running through.  I have tried a few dark blonde ones recently and really like them.  I don’t think a full blonde would suit me, but maybe I’ll give it a go at some stage.

Isabel x

My first impulse is a different color as I have always been attracted to strawberry blondes. The wife of the main character in my novel is a strawberry blonde. It’s probably the one attribute of the character that hasn’t changed. But on the other hand, I love my natural dishwater blonde. Alas, I am torn, and cannot answer the survey.

MacKenzie Alexandra

My natural hair is dark brown, but Kelli has about always been some darker shade of blonde

My hair is medium brown with tons of gray. So, with my wife’s encouraging, I’ve been dying it with my natural color. And,in pandemic time, I’ve grown it to below my shoulders. Once this crazy slows down, I’ll go to a salon as Kathryn and get it styled and trimmed. Looking forward to that day!

Most of my wigs are my natural hair color or very close to it, a dark-chocolate brown.

I have tried lighter colored wigs, and generally they don’t look good against my skin tone.  Also, with a wig the same color as my hair, I go without a wig cap.  I find with a wig cap, the wig is less stable on my head (slides out of place easily).  Without the wig cap, if my own hair shows somewhat under the wig, it looks natural.

Sometimes, if I want to wear my own hair, I will just add clip-on bangs.

I wore a black wig once which went well with my face.  Another time, my friend had a “red hair” party.  I didn’t think red hair would look good on me and was going to get a Raggedy Ann wig.  But I saw an ad for a red wig, and with a quick and dirty photo edit I saw it wasn’t too bad, so I ordered it and wore it to the party.  I also wore it in male mode once as a leprechaun.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I myself want to try more hair colors.  On my profile I am wearing a blondish wig, which I have not worn in almost 4 months.  I had my hair colored near my natural color ( a tinny little bit more red than natural) and have not had any comment on the color but a lot of comments on my now shoulder length hair. I colored it to cover the gray – maybe there wasn’t as much gray as I thought.  I think they both look good.  I hope someday soon I will be able to figure out how to upload the pictures from my laptop to my profile page.  Some time soon I also would like to try being a red head.  In my mind I feel a little different with different hair colors.  That is another thing most GGs always had that I was jealous of – just change your hair length or style or color and you can look like a completely different person.

Sandy

My natural hair color is sort of a dirty blonde but my favorite wigs are jet black. Absolutely love  💝

Emily
      Lady

I have a number of wigs in a variety of colors. My two favs are a short brown bob style and a long silver gray one with black roots showing. I got a lot of compliments on the gray one the last time I was able to go out to dinner and drinks wearing it. I actually got hit on by an attractive young man from Ireland. Absolutely LOVED his accent! He ignored his girlfriend, came and sat at my table, and spent a long time talking to me and playing with my hair. That, is a topic for a completely different forum!

Sounds like that wig is a keeper!! 😉

Anonymous

I would choose a color in the range of mid to dark brown. Maybe black. I guess my original natural was dark brown but now its salt and pepper gray

I would love to wake up and have long gray hair.

Lee Ann

Anonymous

Get you makeup done by a pro and go to a wig store. You’ll find your color

As a child my hair was fine lite white yellow blonde. As I grew up, it got darker and turned to a brownish blonde. My crown has thinned way too much, so I need a wig when en fem. My first wig, shown in my profile photo, is an auburn color. Last year I added 2 new wigs: 1st; called chocolate toffee, lite brown with blackish tips. 2nd; all black. This year I’m thinking about looking into a golden blonde wig.

Anonymous

Mine is medium to light Brown with Blonde high lights.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?