• This topic has 30 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

As far as hair removal goes I am really new to it, I was wondering if any one had any recommend product to make the process fast then just shaving. I have tried Nair however it reacts weird with my skin and feels like its burning for a couple of days after.

I have been trying them all, Andrea.
      The best I have found is epilating. It’s not permanent, and it is a little painful at first, but it does get easier. except for my upper chest, and the face and neck, which I wouldnt recommend, lol, believe me, it hurts.
      Other than those spots, I do my whole body, and I was quite hairy, now it takes me maybe 15 minutes, once a week, and smooth as babies bum😊
      Regi.

I also vote for epilating. I do everything but neck and face, and I’m too scared to even try those areas. It hurts quite a lot the first couple times, particularly chest and navel. It gets progressively easier, as Regine said. Go slow, stop when the pain gets to be too much, and realize it is not for everyone. The thicker and coarser the hair, the longer and more painful it will be.

Well I have used all the products…. I find using the home IPL systems work great, I do get quarterly professional laser hair removal too. I don’t have to shave very often anymore. I plan to follow up up with electrolysis on the white hairs as the laser and IPL do not work on light colored hairs.

-SR-

Anonymous

I find that epilating is the best method for light hair. I’m blonde, and yes it does hurt the first few times, with some areas being more sensitive than others. Currently I do my legs, butt, and arms. I have tried my abdominal area, but it hurts a little more than I can tolerate!

best of luck!

Lexie

Mandi C
        Lady

I tried two different razors: I was a subscriber to Harry’s so I tried those first and that was a definite no.  The next time I tried the Schick Hyrdo Fusion and that worked really well, legs felt much smoother and I didn’t have that post razor-burn-ness.  But even with that razor I couldn’t keep the irritating bumps away…

As for direction of the shave, the first time I shaved with the hair direction and felt still very prickly so the following times I went against the grain.

Anonymous

Another vote for using an epilator. I don’t use it on face, neck, armpits and private area. It does a wonderful job on my legs, arms, belly and chest hair. I stop if it hurts too much and take a break. I can go 3 weeks between sessions. I bought my epilator on Amazon for $30. It was worth every penny.

Anonymous

To break this unbearable Covid protocol induced boredom I finally used my Braun epilator.
        I took a couple of advil, then long warm bath in lavender epsom salts, exfoliating at the end. In the end it really didn’t hurt so much on my legs. It was less easy on my belly, which broke out the next day. Any higher than that was a no-go.
        I love to look and feel but this is something I will save for summer.

Thank you Ladies for the recommendation, I am going to pick one up off my next pay cheque, hopefully it does not hurt to much.

Much Love

I’ve gotten good results with Nad’s and Veet “down there”, and I’ve had bad reactions to Nair before. I cannot use those anywhere else though, because for some reason anywhere else I’ve tried it has broken out in acne for days, or even weeks.

Bridgette vS

I epilate everything from the neck down, save for a small ‘far too delicate area’ down below.
      Those hair removal creams played hell on my skin, I still beat some minor scarring from last attempt 2 years ago.
      Takes time for the skin to acclimate but no I feel next to no discomfort and proper aftercare eliminates almost all breakouts.

My wife bought me a cold wax cream to try out on my face, but I’m not feeling that brave yet!

Anonymous

[postquote quote=424564]
      What do you use for aftercare?

Anonymous

I treated myself to an epilator in the lead up to xmas, so I’ve only been using it a few weeks. I chose a cordless one that you can use in the shower. The first try out involved a lot of of ‘ow!” and ‘argh!’ moments and the occasional four letter word of approval. Let’s say it was this side of ‘bearable’.

But I’ve been very impressed with the outcome – it does a good job and seems to last  a while.  I finally did my lower arms the other day, and couldn’t believe how smooth they were – like the proverbial baby’s bottom.

As far as my body goes, I stop at the neck, and am a bit nervous as I go closer down below . What others have said seems true – it doesn’t sting as much now – I wonder if that’s because there’s less hair to deal with after the first time?

Mandi C
      Lady

I just started being more persistent with my hair removal a few months ago. I was determined to get my legs used to a razor and gave up after 4 shaves because 1) I got super annoyed that my legs would only stay smooth for what seem like about 20 minutes and 2) apparently I can’t not get razor bumps, no matter what aftercare I try.

I have tried nair and some other removal creams but they didn’t agree with my skin. So I just ordered some wax strips and am going to try that out.  If that doesn’t work well, I’m going the epilator route, which I probably should’ve just gone with in the first place but I’m a smidge scared to use it around my naughty bits…

I did purchase an IPL and have been using that when I can.  I’m only about 4 sessions in so I haven’t seen a huge amount of change yet.

Anonymous

May I ask what type of razor you used? What direction did you use when shaving your legs?

Anonymous

I normal use any ladies razors normally Gillette ones and yes your right about which way to shave, I start at the bottom of  my legs and shave upwards slowly and softly, once you get going doing that you get a idea of how to shave your legs, always make sure razor is free of hair by rinsing it when it gets blocked and when you’ve finished i usually shower then let my legs dry on there own then moisturise a couple of times. This has always given me silky smooth legs.

Anonymous

Aww so much better all smooth again and ready for the day ahead. X

Anonymous

I find that if you do have to shave legs or body rather than wax, its better to shave them slowly and when your in the shower or bath as you don’t make a mess and end up with hair everywhere. The slower the better and be gentle these are legs not like one used to shave as a man soft gentle strokes and yes it will be smoother softer and less cuts then after moisturiser them and any other places too then in the morning moisturises again then go over if they have grown. Because im a lady of a certain age most of my leg hair is thinning and doesn’t grow back much and before you can it you should have a silky smooth body then start using a lady shave and you will have them under control. Also ive started taking mild female hormones like the ones women take for hrt.they can be bought over the counter at Holland and barret and also they actually are maki

Jackie
      Ambassador

I get a Brazilian / Bikini wax. Hurts a little bit sometimes but well worth it.

Re the pain of waxing, having a woman inflecting pain is heaven.  Although, truth be told, when I was waxed before I went the IPL route, it never hurt.

Hi Andrea

The only way to go is IPL… it is a permanent solution but it costs money and the whole process can take a year or so if you buy a 12 session package. I’ve just started with Chest and Stomach and after just one session I’ve noticed a distinct lessening of hair. I’m starting on my legs and Brazillian in Feb… yay!
      This is all done through a clinic that has all the latest gear as I don’t think the home product IPL machines are all that good.
      I’ve been de-hairing for 50 years… I started at 14 when I began Track Cycling. The advice from my betters and elders was to shave legs and arms so when you fell it would lessen the scraping/burning and be easier to clean up. As I got older so the ‘hairline’ got higher… and higher… and higher still ;D
      For the creams, Veet is the best and Nair is somewhat effective though it has to be left on longer. Epilady machines a good if you have a very high pain tolerance! Banding and other home remedies are not to be used… if you go online all those ads are pure click-bait.
      Now you know why girls are so high maintenance!!!

Thank you, that is some great advice, not sure if IPL is in the budget, I will have to check on prices. Fortunately I have a pretty high pain tolerance. So I will be looking into the Epilady for sure.

Andrea

okay… but it hurts! Can stand the pain until I move up to the chest area… then! Phew!

Anonymous

I’ve always shaved my body hair off even when I was plain old chris, I think I may have a phobia of it as im constantly removing it and have even started taking mild hormones to get rid of it.

I use IPL or laser treatment.  There are usually very good offers on Groupon and similar sites (I’m nothing to do with Groupon) to get treatment at a massive discount to the usual prices salons charge.  Also, there are a couple of home use machines around – yes, they’re expensive at around £350 but that’s about the cost of one full-price treatment programme and, of course, you can share it with others.

Anonymous

Soaking in epsoy salt bath after the Nair really helps.

Nair can be a little harsh, but other similar products are less so, you have to experiment a little. Nad’s is mild and works for some, I’ve used it, but use Veet now with good results and no burn,  but it does want a good thorough rinsing after, with good mold soap and water.

Bridgette vS

My epilator came in yesterday, I was a little scared to use it but quickly realized, it was not that bad, The pain is definitely manageable for me, but I did the stupid move of trying it on my neck after my arms and legs were done, wow that hurt. Thank you for the suggestion everyone.

Love
      Andrea

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Andrea.  I do not enjoy shaving. Hate it actually. I have never tried nair, or the others. I have tried waxing the last 2 months. I like the results. They last a while. And the hair seems to be coming back thinner. But the drawback is, you have to let it grow a little so the wax works. I am hoping this takes care of some of it.  But I am interested in the laser treatment in the future.  Thanks  Pru

I shaved for years, and then waxed my back, butt, brazilian and lower abs for about 8 years.  About 2 years ago I decided to go with laser hair removal and couldn’t be happier with the results.  I’ve had about a 95% reduction on my back, lower abs and butt.  The Brazilian area (crack, sack and bikini line) is probably around 85% still, so I’ve still been getting touch ups there every 6 weeks.  The lady that does my treatments thinks we should be able to get this to around 95% as well, which would be great.  All I have to do is just some basic touch up shaving, which usually only takes a few minutes and most of it has become much finer.  It wasn’t cheap, around $3k, but they offer life-time touch-ups too.  It’s so much nicer to have nice smooth and soft skin, no worries with stubble or ingrown hairs anymore either!

Anonymous

I have blonde colored hair, and have read that laser hair removal doesn’t work well for this color hair. Do you know if this true?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?