• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi Ladies,

my body hair is driving me nuts and I hate stubble. If you’ve bought one of these what was your experience with it? Sorry if this has been done before…

I have bought a laser hair removal but it had so many warnings that I have been reluctant to use it.  I’d really like to hear from others.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have a Philips Lumea Prestige IPL – model BRI953.  I bought it so I could continue hair removal treatment during the pandemic.  It’s not as fast as the lasers used in clinics.  But it works well.  By fall of last year I was almost completely hair free from the neck down.  Pain/sting is minimal if you use the right power setting and lens attachment.  With the Philips unit it’s easy to figure that out.  For less than the cost of 1 full-body laser treatment, you can buy 1 of these luxe Philips units.  I consider it a bargain.  IMO they’re the best home IPL units you can buy.

Anonymous

Thanks Emily!

— Abbie 🥰😘

Anonymous

Has anyone tried the cheap $140 ones? I would love the $850 CAD Phillips one but I’ll have to stretch a bit for that

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Agree the Philips units aren’t cheap.  If you aren’t in a rush, I’d offer that it’s a purchase worth saving for.  Sometimes you can catch a good sale.  I bought mine from CurrentBody’s US site when it was about 30% off.  Their Canadian site mirrors the US and UK sites, with prices adjusted for the current exchange rate.  Orders always ship from their home office in the UK, and include a power adapter to work with North American grids.  AFAIK, Philips has yet to receive approval from the FDA to sell their units in the US.  Don’t know about Canadian regulations.

https://ca.currentbody.com/collections/philips

Ellie Hope
      Baroness

Hi Ladies,

Although this question is directed toward laser hair removal, for which I have no experience, I wanted to respond about my experience with Intense Pulsed Light treatment, which does not use a laser or a ‘lased light beam’ but rather a very bright flash of white light, similar to a powerful camera flash unit.

Last winter I also bought a Phillips Lumea BR1953.  After 6 applications spaced the recommended two weeks apart, I had become nearly hairless everywhere except my face which I also treated (not recommended by Phillips). I was overjoyed at the vastly reduced need to shave for the next 4 months or so, but Lately hair has begun to grow back. The new hair is finer and lighter colored than the original. I have begun another series of treatments but it is too early to see big results yet, and the lighter colored regrowth may not be as susceptible to the treatments since contrast between skin and hair color is a key driver in the process. My facial hair is rather coarse and seems totally unaffected by the treatments, which was disappointing but  expected after reading the operation manual. I also found that my thicker pubic hair was less affected, but reduced somewhat. I should also note that for me, the intense pulsed light treatment scheme may not be as effective in the summer time when skin becomes darker tanned and hair becomes bleached more blond. I also noticed the last treatment on my now darker skin was more painful requiring a reduced power setting. Winter time will likely be the best time to pursue treatments. But overall, I am pleased with the results and would recommend this unit. I am not totally clear about the long term health concern regarding this device. It does have a UV filter to take out most of that, but I am sure some gets through. Phillips didn’t offer any long term studies as to skin cancer risk that I could find.

Hugs, Ellie

Hi Abby. I’ve had limited success with mine. I chose Silken’s more powerful unit and I have dark hair and light skin so I was hoping for success.  Much to my dismay. Sadly, even on the highest setting with months of usage far more frequently than what is recommended I still found little success.
      I’d like to address that what we are looking at here are not really lasers. These are pulsed light units. Very intense light but still not lasers.

I still grow almost all my hair back almost as thick and fast. The greatest benefit I have had from it is a reduction in ingrown hairs and that terrible razor rash I usually get on the back of my upper thighs and buttocks.

If your serious about permanent hair removal then consider forking over the cash for professional services. The home units are intentionally under powered to protect companies from liability issues.

Anonymous

Thanks to you and Ellie for pointing out that these are Intense Pulsed Light units not lasers, I stand corrected but these are the devices I was interested in. There seems to be no way to correct the wording on the polls…

— Abbie 🥰😘

I bought one, but foolishly didnt listen to the recommendations. I have light skin, and light coloured hair, so it didnt do much for me, and I returned it.
      doesnt work on light or white hair
      p.s., I epilate everywhere now, with much better success.
      Hug, Regi👸💕

Hi Regi,

Can ask what brand/model of epilator you are using? Are you happy with the results? I am tired of shaving everyday and would like to try epilating. I Read many reviews from many different brands and models but am trying to find the best model. Thanks

Kayla

Hi Kayla,
          I use the Philips 8000 wet/dry, and it is fabulous. I had a Remington that seemed to hurt more, and didnt do near as nice a job. I am very happy with this one. It is a little more expensive, but has different attachments for a shaver, as well as bikini epilating( a smaller work surface).
          Just to re-iterate, though, it is NOT painless, you are after all ripping out hairs, but the more you persevere, the easier it gets, and the final result is just sooo lovely
          Hugs, Regi👸💕

Olivia
      Lady

I lazered my pubes and underarms a long time ago. At first it does hurt like hot pin picks. But thats the root getting burnt.
      After several uses that goes away as does the roots that are left.
      Never looked back now. Love being smooth.
      I also lazer my chest as my hairs still keep coming back. Not lots but enough to see.
      My leg and arm hairs are super fine so I just shave then.

I would definitely recommend lazer treatment compared to itchy shaving.

Anonymous

Thanks Olivia!

— Abbie 🥰

Anonymous

Thanks Gen!

🍷🍸 for you..

— Abbie 🥰😘

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?