Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Watched a fantastic recording of Handel’s Messiah from the Sydney Opera House recorded 2 years ago.
      The Alto solos where sung by a male.
      Got me thinking have any of you girls sung in choirs Crossdressed?
      Have you sung in a Ladies’Choir and or a mixed Choir?
      Have you sung crossdressed and sung the male part?
      Liz

I sang in a small mixed choir organised by a friend I used to work with.

He is the only person I know who I have fully come out to.

I sang the alto part, as they had no-one who could sing it, and we sang Christmas carols a capella in his work foyer, then moved on to a busy shopping centre.

It was my 2nd “public” outing, and I was really scared for the first few minutes, but that was just the walk to the venue.

Once I started singing, all fear went away and I had a fantastic time and everyone was really nice to me!

Love Laura

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Never in a choir but the other day I was doing my support work and the venue was having a Christmas theme, which included singing carols. I joined in and as most were not the best singers I blended in well…

I sang in a choir for years and was underdressed most of the time. Still remember the odd deep breath and feeling my bra band expand a bit.

Anonymous

Liz, I hope you hope I would answer this one.

most certainly. The C of E choirs are usually “ gowned with cuffs and surpluses. No better image of being “ dressed” ( Ho Ho )

But yes, I have underdressed.  However the next question is very interesting – which “ voice did you sing”. Lady Tenors are supranational ( if not powerful) I used to sing falsetto when teaching and encouraging the youngsters in the choir. And the best bit of news is this- organists are advised to keep Knees together and swing from the hips to pedal properly. None of your “ cowboy” pose here. What better advice for CD.
      excuse me , just heard the church doors fling open and a load of adults wanting to join in.

( I jest- sorry ) But the rest is true

!!)

Happy carolling , singing, having fun and whatever helps you enjoy the holiday. Keep your crotchets to a MINIMal and you will not Quaver. And don’t forget to BREVE.

( ok,

I know when I’m not wanted-

Ha ha Ha.  Music be your jollity this season.

love Anya ( organist, tenor, mud. Did. Animateur and “ singing postman”.)

Anonymous

Mud?? ( musical director) ggrrr spell checking elf!!!

[postquote quote=590107] I hear what you’re Anya. You’re being very Breve not even Semi.
      Liz

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?