Tagged: 

Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Nora Lee
      Lady

I am 5’11” tall and I want to know how high I can go without everyone starring.  I wouldn’t mind hearing thoughts on different outfits that make a difference ie my catwoman costume vs jeans and heels vs skirts. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi Nora!  The best heel size would be the  size that keeps you balance and not over tall in height. Try to look on the internet and see what really height the actresses were in height and add about 3 inches. The dominatrixes are not as tall in the height in long leg/heels as well as balance and swing long whips.

Bridget Neilson the actress was 6 ft to 6′ 2″ and lag for kinky boots……..Eddie Murphy in Belair Cop 2.

My self, (In heels/kinky boots goes 6′ 3″ !  A really tall  woman! And thin and leggy)

Dame Veronica

Hi Nora Lee!

I answered “Anything Crazy.” I’m six feet tall myself, and I have a few pairs of 5-inch stilettos. I long to wear them out, but in my visits to the outside world so far I have only worn my one pair of kitten heels — about 2 1/2-inches. It’s not that I don’t want people to look at me — I do! And IMO the sky-high stilettos are the ultimate expression of “sexy crossdresser babe.” But those shoes are really hard to walk in, and if people are going to be staring, I’d rather not be lying on the ground when they do!

I think it’s OK to be tall. I don’t see many women over six foot, but when I do I find them as attractive as any other women. So I’d go for “Anything Crazy” — as long as you can walk!

5-inch heels

Lori Stark

Anonymous

Oooh!

Lovely shoes!

Need the Kleenex…

To mop up the drools!

Love Laura

Laura – I agree those shoes are adorbs! The moment I saw them on Amazon I had to have them. The heels are, of course, too high for me. I can walk in them (more on that later), but they make me 6′ 5″, a very tall gurl indeed. The real reason I haven’t been able to leave the house in them, though, is that they don’t come in wide sizes, so when I put them on I feel like alligators are biting all my toes on both feet. They are the very definition of “suffering for beauty!”

I even ordered a pair in a larger size — much larger than normal for me — and that didn’t work, either, because no matter how many inserts and heel pads, etc. I put in there, they slip right off the back of my foot with every step. All this stumbling around would probably call more attention to me than my height, I think.

So I’m on a quest to find tall, sexy, shoes that I can wear on the street. I’ll put up with a little discomfort as long as they’re really cute!

Lori Stark 💋

Anonymous

Hi Nora,

In jeans, I would think a nice pair of sandals with kitten heels would look wonderful. If you are in a skirt with hose, 3 inch heels are as high as I would go in order not to stand out too much.

I can tell you that I’m 6 feet tall in stocking feet, and have gotten complements from both girls and men when I’ve worn a short skirt and 3 inch heels…..of course, that was in San Francisco, so “mileage may vary” depending on where you are.

Dianne

Hi Nora….I am 5’8″ so you have 3″ of height on me.  I voted for 3″ as I think that strictly from a height standpoint, you would blend in with the crowd in 3″ heels if you were milling about some social event (not Halloween).  I do think that comfort and balance come into play but I assume you have already determined that the range of heights are ok for you.  Now, I say forget the whole height aspect if you are in your Catwoman outfit at a Halloween/costume party….for that, who cares?…I say go with as high of heels as you are comfortable wearing.  Afterall, if I were dressed as Catwoman for a party, I would love to have on the highest heels that I could as the heels make the Catwoman outfit look all the better.  Have fun sweetie!!!!

Marianne
      Ambassador

If you look at the subject only from the view of blending into the crowd, l would say it depends on where you live in the world. In South East Asia you would be tall wearing flats while in Sweden where I live,  6 feet tall women are pretty common, especially among the younger generations. I am 5’9″ and usually wear 2-3 inch heels out of comfort without feeling remarkably tall.

Hi Nora !

I’m voting for stilts. If they stare it says a lot about them doesn’t it ?

I’m a hair under 6 foot and I love my 2″ booties but I haven’t been in public yet so who am I to judge ? Comfort vs walkability?  Exactly how upset will you be if they stare ? Do you need to “pass” to be comfortable or is acceptable good enough for you ? Whatever you decide I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself.

Hugs

Nola
      Lady

Hi Nora.

I am 6′ and love my 3″ heels. Yes I  stand out in the crowd but I  do love the feeling of wearing heels.

My first couple of times out I was worried but now I just ignore the looks and enjoy myself.

Just be positive and own who you are and you will blend in.

Nola

I’m 6ft 4in; already tall , so I wear flats.   I look OK, so I don’t mind.  When I go out dressed I usually do a lot of walking sometimes on uneven ground so flats are best for me anyway 🙂

Anonymous

Any girl over 6′ will tower over other women. and many men; so will draw attention simply by being. Still, if the wardrobe demands heels, you could go with 2″…and as a bonus, they’re easier to walk on than the others.

Deb Cox
      Lady

Whatever makes you happy.  You can’t control who stares, what they think etc…so just be you. If heels make you happy, go for it. You can try sexy colored gym shoes, flats etc… Once you experiment enough, you’ll figure it all out.  Good luck and peace in your shoe quest.

Anonymous

If you wear a cat woman suit with 5″ heels you’re definitely going to attract attention. I’m 5′ 10 so I like around a 3″ heel and I have long legs so I really like jeans, high waisted they seem to proportioalize me better than hip huggers. As for skirts, just above the knee and I might go a bit higher on the heel with a stiletto style to look fancy and dressed up. I also factor in who I’m going to be with. My one friends very tall so I can get away with higher heels when I’m with him.

Jackie
      Ambassador

Since shoes are pretty much the icing on the cake I personally believe the feet deserve the best. As I was reading this article I noticed someone said it perfect and that’s to go with what makes you happy and what makes you feel good. I’m 5’7″ and I wear 6″ 7″ and even 8″ heels practically everyday. People do look and stare but who cares that I stand out? I do, I care because I want to stand out in the crowd and be noticed. This stuff takes allot time, energy and money to not want be noticed. “Remember, Ru Paul is 6’4″ and she don’t wear very low heels very often, so when she puts on a pair of her 5 , 6, 7” stiletto heels that puts her over 7′ – 7.5 tall and she do stand out in the crowd. No matter where she is she is labeled the most fascinating an beautiful gurl in the crowd. So I say wear what you want and what makes you feel good and anyone that don’t like it can start buying your shoes!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Jackie. Reason: Forgot a word
      Anonymous

I’m 6’4″, and 3 inch heels are most comfortable.

What’s the deal with blending in when you can be outstanding!

Love Laura

Jackie
        Ambassador

Perfect Laura!

Personally, I like 2″ heels but that is more from a practical viewpoint. I am 6′ 3″ tall and anything higher than a 2″ heel would put the top of my head in the ceiling fans in my house and I don’t want to be opened up like a boiled egg!

Anonymous

You make a very strong argument, Micheala; I did that once (on a ladder stool, not heels), and it really HURTS! (also got 3 stitches)

Nora,

The first question to answer is, do you want to stand out?

The next questions are, what type of occasion, do you pass reasonably well,
      have clothes appropriate for the occasion, and one we sometimes forget, how do you feel?

I’m 5’8″, very thin, pass very well and can wear a 4″ solid heel, but would not go over 3″ in a thin stacked heel as I would not be able to walk gracefully. As it is in the wild, walking awkwardly is a dead giveaway that something is wrong. The analogy is correct. There are people out there who would enjoy taking you down.

Anyway, I’m not a wallflower and love to stand out. But to me, the question as to whether I want to or not is how do I feel?
      Let’s face it. There are days when we are not at our best. Maybe it’s the weather, a long stressful day, bad sushi, whatever.
      These types of things certainly affect my mood and will change how I dress, the shoes I wear, and whether I want to call attention to myself.

So, if your mood and everything else is right, then wear those heels. Your confidence will overcome all other concerns.

Lisa Nicole

I say sky’s the limit. Who cares about sticking out. I loooove my sky high heels. They are hot and I feel hot and powerful wearing them. I am also 5’11 and I wear 6″ and up, because I love it

Drew T
      Lady

I’m 6’1″ and I have heels ranging from 2 to 5 inches. I’m comfortable in anything up to 3.5 inches, still working on higher heels. Sometimes you just want the look of a 4+ inch heel, so go for it!

May I suggest that a girl of either gender in a four inch (or higher) heel doesn’t want to blend in.  She wants to be noticed, to be admired.  Certainly, this is true for me.

Jackie
        Ambassador

Emily you are so right about wanting to be noticed instead of blending in. It takes allot of time, money, patience and dedication to acquire the look we want. With that in mind my question is why wouldn’t any of us whether CD, Drag Queen, Transgender (M2F) what ever want to be noticed? Personally I strive to be noticed in my everyday look and the highest heels I dig out for the day/night. That said I favor the all time highest heel anyone is able to walk in comfortably. “Why flock with the turkeys when you can fly with Eagles”.

I’m guessing that people will check you out no matter how high your heels or how immaculately you dress. You could be 100% indistinguishable from a cis woman and people would still check you out.

I think you should reshape things and ask to yourself why you are wearing heels. For me, If I’m wearing a uber sophisticated dress, I don’t want to spoil the look with flats. A pair of 3 inch heels would be O.K. but I prefer the effect that a pair of 4 or 5 inch heels shape the calfs and derriere much better. I can walk in 4 inch heels no problem but 5 inch are a bit harder so if I had to walk more than short distances 5 inchers would be no go.

I’ve also found that the higher the heel, the more pain one gets in the toes. That’s why its not uncommon to see women wearing high, high heels, sitting with shoes partially removed, just dangling of their toes – minor pain relief.

I’d advise you to wear the highest heel you feel comfortable in, in which you can walk and has the best effect on your overall look.

Also – beware some of the cheaper (Normally Chinese) heels from the likes of eBay and Amazon. They tend to be poor quality and badly fitting. Also consider good fitting real leather – but make sure they fit well as they will stretch to the shape of your foot and if not well fitting will show the contours of your foot which is not a good look!

In synthetic materials, think about having them stretched a little as this gives a little room for your toes – relieving the pinch.

Have fun in your heels – kill em dead.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Melissa Davis
      Baroness

I’m over 6′ in heels, as are a noticeable number of ciswomen. It’s my advanced age more than my height that determines what sort of heels I wear. 3-4″ seems about right; I pick shoes and boots that are comfortable and age-appropriate. As for you girls who are RePaul size and can maneuver in very tall stilettos, go for it!

Samantha
      Lady

I wear 5 to 6 inch heels, makes me feel more sexy.

Anonymous

I am 5’7: with a small body (size 10-12). I have loved heels from the time I was very young. I wear a size 9 women’s shoes. I found a pair of brand-new designer 6″ heels (1 inch platform) for $8 in Goodwill last week. They fit me so well. I wore them around the house all day yesterday without pain and walked so well. My go-to shoes for now.

Anonymous

Nora,

While it is true that a smaller percentage if cis-females are taller than 5’10”, I’m sure that you know that blending in is not really about how tall the heels are, right?

Having said that, tall women will usually wear shoes with low heels for most occasions, other than parties/clubbing/events, unless they are dating a guy who won’t be taller than they are on their heels.

Also having said this, nothing you can do to change your height, so own it and enjoy it! My taller friends (6’4”, 6’5” on their bare feet) may wear flats when running errands during the day, but will go for higher heels for the evening. Blending in or not. After all, even if you blend in nicely, there are other tells than height, so even if “clocked”, you can get one better and go for acceptance instead. Really much better outcome! (IMHO)

Gaby 💜

Nora makes a good point.  When I walk around the lake in a local park, four inch heels would stand out, as well as being ridiculously impractical.  It’s a gravel path.  Flats are unusual; most women are in athletic shoes.

When I go down town, many women are in heels.  Heels up to about four inches fit in.

I wonder whether my height really matters, as long as things are in proportion.  Four inch heels on a short woman stand out more than on us taller gals.

Hey Nora,

Being a tall girl should not be a main criterion to choose which heel high to wear. Things like how comfortable, how pretty and how they fit with your outfit should have higher priority. So I think that any heel that makes you feel good is ok.

For example, for the catwoman, 3-4 inch high heel boots would make a perfect match. For jeans, perhaps 4 inch high heel stilettos or sandals. With skirts, I’d stick with 4-5 inch high heel sandals. However, that depends a lot on what you like.

When you feel good with yourself, blending comes naturally. And should people start bothering you because you’re “too high”, replace the people, not the heel 😉

xoxo

Anonymous

Wear whatever height heels you want as long as they are comfortable and you are confident in your ability to walk in them.  Having people stare at you can be good or bad, depending on why they are staring.  A confident, attractive woman who is unusually tall will get a lot of looks no matter how high her heels are.  A woman who is falling off of her heels will also get a lot of looks.  The difference is what it is about each one that is drawing the attention.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’m 6’1″ and prefer my 4 in pumps or platform wedges. That does make me quite tall. So for practical reasons, I often wear 2 or 3 inch heels if I go out. I don’t like then as much, I’m not nearly as comfortable in them and I don’t think they look nearly as good. But if I want to stand out less, I’ll wear them.

3” is itt for me, but it doesn’t have anything to do with height. That makes me about 6’ and I don’t have a problem with that. My limitation is an arthritic ankle…

I’m six foot even. My heeled pumps are 2.5 to 3.75 inches. I won’t wear heels 4 inches or more.

I’ve just been re-reading this since my last 20 pence worth and just have to make a comment about woman’s boots. Now I really don’t know why but high heeled boots in my size (UK 9) and shoes in the same size and with the same heel height fit very differently. With heels, and particularly courts (think you call them pumps in the US) I often need to either get the stretch machine out. buy a size 10 or sometimes both!!!!! With boot I don’t have the same problem. More often than not they just fit.

Given the above, I have developed a quirky little love affair with boots be they femme cowboy boots, sexy little ankle boots (won’t say what these get called – use your imagination lol) low heeled calf boots and particularly victorian style boots thic typically have a 2 1/2 inch heel and lace up at the front (though lots also have a silly hidden side zip – why?) Generally these are made of real leather which is so much better to wear than synthetic material.

If you love heels as much as I do, and given that for a good proportion of us the weather is getting a bit inclement, get your girly boots out / get yourself a pair of boots. I bet you fall in love with them just like I and lots of genetic women have.

Lets hear it for boots.

Take care girls

Anne-Marie.

Yes, let’s hear it for boots!  Yay!

3 inch just looks smart

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I voted 3 inches because you asked about people staring…

I would honestly say, wear the heels that make you happy.

LET THEM STARE at the goddess as she strides into the venue!!!

Be bold!!

hugs,

Dala

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Very tall women stand out even wearing flats. Many of them wear sky high heels and stand out even more. Most shorter women would LOVE to have your height. Own it girl! Wear what makes you happy!

Emily

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?