• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello beautiful ladies! I’m Penny. I’m 51 and have been crossdressing about 3 1/2 years.

My journey has been interesting. I was raised a very strict Baptist and I was a true believer for most of my life. But around 5-6 years ago I started questioning my beliefs, and eventually I left that church. However, I was still seeking spirtually. I ended up going to a Catholic church. I found that I loved all the rituals that we hadn’t had growing up (still do if I’m honest). I went through the whole process of becoming a Catholic. But not long after I was confirmed, one of my children came out as pansexual and gender-fluid. This forced me to reevaluate my beliefs again, and I decided that I could not support a church that denied my child’s basic identity. Today I consider myself an atheist with some Buddhist leanings.

I had been looking with curiosity at various crossdressing forums online, especially r/crossdressing on Reddit. Being an atheist freed me up to do things that I never could have done before. After talking it over with my wife, I decided to try some limited crossdressing, starting with wearing pantyhose under my male clothes, etc.. I loved it! I started doing it more and more around the house, and then I experimented with doing it in public, mainly walking the dog and such. I came out to my coworkers through email about 2 years ago, but I wasn’t courageous enough to do it at work yet. My biggest moment was when I wore a skirt and sweater-top to the office Christmas party in 2019.

My wife has been fairly accepting, although for her sake I only crossdress on alternate days. I came out to many of my friends on Facebook last year. I also told my parents. They are not accepting, but they haven’t stopped talking to me, so that’s good. I haven’t told my inlaws because I don’t want to cause (even more) friction with them. But most of the people I care about in my life know. Last week I went to work in full femme mode for the first time and it was awesome! I had such a great time and I plan to do it at least once a week. I work at a military base (I’m retired military), so this was a huge deal for me courage-wise, but I’m so glad I did it!

As I said in my profile, I don’t consider myself to be trans. I’ve done a lot of soul-searching about it, but ultimately, what made up my mind is that I don’t suffer from any dysphoria. I am happy with my body, and I don’t feel any need to change it. In fact, while I have experimented several times with wigs, I don’t really feel any need to “pass”. I actually enjoy going out in public wearing a dress and makeup, but still being obviously male. I gues I’m an exhibitionist at heart.

Anyway, I’ve been posting on r/crossdressing for several years, but I just now discovered CrossdresserHeaven and I’m looking forward to participating on here.

Anonymous

Hi penny welcome to CDH it’s nice to meet you, if you have any questions just ask and the girls will get back to you, I’m sure you will get lots of help and advice we are like one big happy family on here x

Hugs Rozalyne x

hello Penny and welcome to C.D.H.  where us girls are very understanding and very friendly .  its takes time to adjust to x dressing and for other people to under stand us.  you came to the right place.  nice to meet you and welcome.   its nice that your wife is under standing.  read my profile will tell my side of my journey

Anonymous

Welcome! Hope you find some good encouragement here!

I know what you mean about the religious past, but have also found a lot of open and affirming Christian churches around. Gay, lesbian, trans pastors, congregations filled with drag queens, genderfluid folks and many others. Lots of good resources in many churches these days!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story and good for you to have the courage to come out as you have been!

-Stefani

Thanks! I did try a UU church for a while, and they were very accepting. I might try them again post-pandemic. But for now I am happy being a heathen. 😉

Nancy
      Lady

Welcome, Penny! It sounds like have have come a long way in a relatively short time. FYI, I left the Catholic church for the same reasons, I could not in good conscience be part of a religious community that was not open and affirming.

Birel

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Penny   welcome,  I enjoyed reading your intro thankyou for sharing. It’s wonderful to have you here with us in this wonderful community . Enjoy browsing through many of our well written forums, read about stories of others learn more on as they journey through their experiences. Many here to meet , talk with and for some develop wonderful friendships. A caring place I hope you enjoy being part of. Very nice meeting you

Stephanie 🌹

Hi Penny nice to meet you and happy you found us ladies here.. You joined the best CD site on the internet so get settled in and relax .. So as a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms here .. We all are supportive and accepting to all who step thru our doors so come on in and sit a spell he he ..  So much to see and do here from reading forums and posts about the lives of many ladies here as they journey down the road to being the woman that lives in there heart and sole .. So when you get comfortable with us please join in with some comments then he he  your turn give us a story or two of the life of Penny as anything you want to tell us within guidelines of coarse lol all is good as your lifes ups and downs we all learn from them .. Making friends here there are so many ladies here from all over the world to build lasting friendships with.. So again nice to meet you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime soon ..

Stephanie bass

Anonymous

Welcome to CDH Penny!
      🧚🏼🌺

Hi Penny,

Welcome to CDH.

Alice

Hi Penny,

Welcome to CDH!

– Robyn

Anonymous

Hi Penny, welcome to CDH, you will find no judgement here as we are a supportive bunch, jump in and enjoy yourself.

Hugs

Diana

Hi Penny! Welcome to CDH! I hope that you find this site to be all you hope for. For me it has been very encouraging and supportive. It is amazing to make friends from all over the world and to see the common threads in many of our stories, all the while appreciating the unique perspectives each of us bring to the conversation. Hugs!

Hi Penny,

Welcome to CDH!

Paula

Welcome Penny!

Anonymous

Welcome Penny, sounds like you have been on quite a journey already. I find a lot of times religions as a whole are perfectly fine.. the problems happen when people get involved and balls it up.
      In the end you have to do what is right for you. No one can tell you what you believe is wrong or right. Hope you find support and community here 🖤

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?