Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Ladies, I love, love, love heels. I just can’t seem to get the hang of walking in them. I’ve watched YouTube videos and the women walk in them so eloquently. The women make it look so easy! I’ve only bought heels at a thrift store. I’m still trying to figure out the right size.  Many times with used shoes it’s hard to tell what size they are. I haven’t shopped at a regular shoe store for two reasons. One I’m nervous about what people will think, and two I don’t want to spend a lot of money on a pair until, if ever, I can learn to walk in them! Have a fabulous day girls.

Anonymous

I’ve heard that smaller steps and slightly crossing your bodies midline with your step helps. I’ve not worn and either though, and wouldn’t go higher than a 3″ heel for me.

Anonymous

Annaleigh is right.

Start with 3 inch heel.

Small steps or reduce stride.

Land on heel not toe.

Don’t look down.

Hope this helps

Jessica

Anonymous

I’ve also heard that you shouldn’t “walk the tight rope” in heels. Flats, certainly. But not heels.

Anonymous

Hi Shania,

We are all shy about shopping for women’s clothes, at first. I used only the self-checkout at Walmart and ordered online in my wife’s name, Now, I feel confident, whether Dressed or in drab. If you have a Shoe Show store where you live, I suggest you shop there. Prices are comparable to the old Payless, and the sales clerk doesn’t care who you are; only about the sale.

And you learn to walk in heels through practice, the same as the GGs did.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Anonymous

Designer Shoe Warehouse is good too.

Anonymous

Oh Shania…. this does impress me much!!!….(sorry, haha)

I love heels soooo much…I have loads and they are all the same size as my ” drab” shoes…

Seven and a half….lots of different makes, nearly always the same…

If you shop on Amazon, most sellers have really good returns policys, but NOT ALL so be careful, sometimes it’s dearer to send them back than the heels cost….but it’s well advertised on site…..the same with other vendors, just check the returns before you buy…

Having said that, I have bought good as new heels in charity shops….and I have taken my shoes and socks off if I have been in drab, to try them on…two things about charity shops …mostly staffed by volunteers who really don’t care!!!…and a sale is a sale…

Good luck Shania……grace xx

Anonymous

Me again!!!!

one more thing honey….you can walk about all day in your house….but walking in heels on the street…..is entirely different…

be safe xx

grace

Hiya, my lovelies:-)
        Grace, you say walking outside is different. may I ask, how so?
        I havent worn mine outside, yet, as we are in winter mode here, but I got my first pair of 4″ knee high boots this week, and am dying to try them on the street, but now im a little nervous?
        Is it only because of uneven pavement, rocks, and stuff?
        Regi

Anonymous

Hi Regi

Inside your house is lovely, smooth , flat and solid…

Outside is great as well, but uphill or downhill, potholes, slippy drain covers, damp grass, steps, escalators,  can all become lethal….

Just need to think about it when you are out, I didn’t want to put you off….huggs, grace x

Oh, ok, thanks Grace, you had me worried there, lol
            Hugs, Regi.

Trisha
      Duchess

For me I learned by wearing them while working in my shop. Head up shoulders back one foot in front of the other. Just go about it as normal as possible. If you have something to occupy your mind while doing it helps.

Also starting with boots help tremendously. They support the ankles better and no slippage.

We learn to stride before we strut.

Good luck

Trisha.

Anonymous

Hey Shania, here’s an easy trick this woman showed me and is how I learned years ago. Put on a pencil skirt, stockings and heels and it helps if your wearing a bra too, to keep the posture correct and start walking. The pencil skirt will limit your upper leg motion so you have to change your gate, it really works. I taught my youngest son when he was dressing for halloween a few years back, now there’s one you won’t see at the father and son panic anytime soon. Don’t forget heel to toe and shoulders back, don’t look down it will throw off your centre of gravity. Most of all relax and have fun.

Let us know how it goes, Heather.

Thank you Heather.  I guess I’m going to have to go buy myself a pencil skirt. Oh how much fun! Thank you again for the tip hun.

Anonymous

It’s a win win situation, you learn how to walk in heels and you get to go shopping.

Enjoy and put on Bob Seger her strut, that’ll get your booty strutting girl.

Have fun, Heather.

Anonymous

Shania, sweetie, do as they taught in young ladies finishing school, once dress in your feminine clothes, preferably a pencil skirt, keep your posture straight, steps short, but do this looking straight ahead with a book balancing on your head.

[postquote quote=429354]

Hi Bettylou,

Heard Payless is back in an on-line presence.

Alice

Anonymous

Ive found if your shy and you buy something at a supermarket? Why not try using the self service tils as most supermarkets have them plus most supermarkets have extensive lines of ladies clothing too. Once you get over being shy i found that its best to be upfront like once a till person was giggling and i just said oh yes can i just go and get another pair of tights as them ones our mine but my girlfriend needs a pair you should of seen this blokes face drop! Was so funny 🤣

My 2 cents, is I find good quality heels are much better, and easier to walk in. other than that, advice as as been already stated.. oh, and I go one size up, and havent had a pair not fit yet.. Also, I buy all mine at amazon, great return policy if you dont like them
      Hugs, Regi.

Anonymous

Amazon and eBay are the two places I shop online. I’ve bought lingerie hosiery dresses in fact most things en femme and its so easy. The only problem i had was once when I bought some tights off this woman and she messaged me saying thanks for the payment and am I sure ive got the right size for my girlfriend? O replied that I didn’t have a girlfriend? And they were for myself and yes they are the perfect size thank you I love 💘them! I was met with a torrent of abuse the usual things ‘im a pervert’ weird that kinda thing. I said to her sorry I m not weird just like to dress as a woman. She was silent and then around a hour later I noticed the items id bought had been taken off listing and my monies had been repaid? I complained to eBay and she was banned from ebay for 6weeks also far play to ebay they gave me a online voucher for 25pounds so going by this I dont mind be slightly abused for that kinda payment. Anyway I’ve never had anything like this happen to me again long that be the way. Hugs and kisses 😘

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Women’s shoe sizes is two sizes larger by number than men’s. For instance if you wear a men’s 10 you will need a woman’s 12. That of course can vary by shoes but I’ve found over decades and hundreds of pairs of shoes that this is a reliable comparison.

My first heels I bought for myself was platform wedges. I loved them. They looked so great, were fun to wear and easy to walk in. Then I bought a couple of pairs of stilettos. I had been looking at them and wanting them for a long time. Finally I couldn’t wait anymore and bought them.

When I put them on, I was totally thrilled and excited about how they made my legs look, so amazing. I was going to get dressed up all femme for a party I was going to in a couple of weeks and wanted to look my sexy best. Problem was I could not walk in either pair of those shoes. I could barely stand. But I wanted to wear them so bad. I wore them in the house all the time and stumbled about in them. I kept them on all the time and even wore them to bed. After a week or so I was able to walk about the house in either pair very comfortably and confidentially.

I knew where I was going for the party, I would have to do a lot of walking and standing. I decided to try the shoes outside. I waited until after dark and went out in them. It was awkward at first but I kept getting better, going for longer and longer walks. I was really enjoying the heels and was getting better with them.

By the time the party came I was able to walk pretty much anywhere and my shoes were comfortable. I walked from the car to the party, walked around a lot and even danced, then when the party was over I walked back to the car.

What it took was getting the right size shoes, wearing them often, getting used to them and breaking them in.

Thank you so much sweetie. You have given me hope.

I want to thank all the lovely ladies that have given sooo much great advice. You are all wonderful!

Anonymous

As are you, sis!

Anonymous

My advice is start low and learn to walk then get a pair 1/2 or 1 higher and learn those.. keep going up until you can’t walk then you now the previous height is right for you. I’ve been wearing them since 4 or 5 yrs old, so walking in 5 inch heels is almost natural. I know this sounds and will be hard at first but heel to toe actually works.

Jennifer

Anonymous

For myself its starting to become the higher the heels 👠 the better as im up to 10inch heels and i dont think they come much higher than that so thats me. Im quite accomplished in my heels and love walking in them and i wear them out and around my home too xx

Krissy when you say 10 inches, you must have platforms, too? how high are the platforms? 10 inch, just heels, means you are on the ends of your toes,lol.

Anonymous

Yes that is what I mean, I have stilletoes that have 9inchs of heel they are that long I go from being 5ft 8 to 6ft 4 so very big heels

Wow I cant even imagine!

Anonymous

I love heels that high as ive had many years of practice wearing them and its something I love to do. I love the way I feel too 😌💕💛

I started walking in my Mom’s heels when I was 6, the only way to get better is practice, practice, practice. Oh by the way the pain, just get used to it because aside from getting shoes that fit well, there’s nothing much  you can do about it.

Anonymous

Heel toe heel toe heel toe etc is the rule of thumb wearing heels 👠 you shouldn’t ever go wrong if you do that. Also adust your hips as your centre of gravity is all different wearing heels especially if they are over 6inches id say.once you get that you should have a life time of fun wearing the heels you like. Xx

Anonymous

Heel toe heel toe heel toe etc is the rule of thumb wearing heels 👠 you shouldn’t ever go wrong if you do that. Also adust your hips as your centre of gravity is all different wearing heels especially if they are over 6inches id say.once you get that you should have a life time of fun wearing the heels you like. Xx

Hi Shania

My wife told me two things about heels… when you walk keep your upper thighs pressed together and take much shorter steps than you would as a male. Worked absolute wonders for me!
      As was commented on earlier… your head first balance has to change to be more upright. Be tall, balanced and step out sister!

Love //Polly

Take shorter steps for sure. One thing I did to find my “girl” size was go to a shoe store when I needed some man shoes. I used one of those foot measuring things to check my size, and payed attention to the women shoe size instead of the mens. Got my ideal lady’s size that way.

Anonymous

What a brilliant idea x

I love wearing them.  I have to practice my 5″ heels, however I am most comfortable in my 2″ heels. I walked in them within the confines of my house most of the day. It felt great. Wish I could wear them more often.

Gloria

Diana W
      Lady

I love heels.  Unfortunately I can only wear them for short periods of time as they start hurting my feet.  My wife is impressed because as she says, I walk better in them than she can!

The short stride greatly reduces the angle of your foot with respect to the floor/ground. That helps because there is very little distance before your foot and heel are firmly planted on on the floor/ground. When you take longer strides, there is a great angle of your foot with respect to the floor/ground and the only support you have is on the very small heel. Exceedingly strong ankles are required to prevent rolling over before your entire foot is on the floor/ground.

Visually:

Watch Jessica and Donna on the SUITS TV program. Their arm motion is not parallel. The forward movement forms a V at the front. That helps the hip movement when walking.

I am practicing around my house tonight. My two inch kitten heel pumps are a breeze but these fabulous four inch strappy bundles of love are a bit more challenging

Anonymous

My local one is hard to get into

I absolutely love DSW!! Great store and super friendly where I am.

I’ve gone to the shoe show store quite a few times. The employees have always been friendly and helpful and they have a large selection of womens size 10 and up and wide sizes. I’m wearing an 11 now. Since I do not CD outside of the house I go clothes and shoe shopping underdressed. I’ve never felt uncomfortable in the women’s sections of a store. If I ever get rid of this beard, watch out world 😀

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?