Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

I have a big high school reunion coming up. I’ve had this fantasy about transitioning and attending the reunion as a woman. I’m curious as to what kind of reaction I’d get from my classmates. Have any of you had this same fantasy? For those of you who are transitioning or have transitioned, have you experienced it in real life? I’d love to hear about it.

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Yeah, TJ. I was a jock in high school. I’m sure it would be a shock.

Back in the day, everyone already knew that my fashion choices were “gender non-conformal”.

The only surprises will be that I still have my own hair!

I went to a very small high school. I graduated 26 others. Very few know about Danielle.

Anonymous

I cut ties with high school nearly 40 years ago and have no wish to return, not a lot of good memories, lets just say I wasn’t on the A list. I endured my 4 years, thankful for weed it’s the only thing that got me through it, so I’m a big NO.

Marianne
      Ambassador

I’ve only had one reunion back in 2000. Wanted to go femme then but chickened out. And it would take another twelve years before I went public with Marianne.  Should another one come up I surely intend to go as my true femme self.

There was an event a few years ago.  It wasn’t a class reunion as much as a school anniversary event.  My spouse (now ex) whom I met in high school went, but I don’t really like living in the past.  I don’t have any close friends from high school.  She said some people were asking about me but I don’t believe she said any names.  Even if I did go, as a part time crossdresser, I have no desire to show up en femme and have to explain what is going on.

On the college level it is even worse.  First, I was in a commuter school, so I lived at home while attending school.  So again no really close friends.  Second, my school merged with another and is no more.  I don’t feel any loyalty to the school it merged with, so events or reunions for college would put me with people I don’t even know.  So again I have little desire to attend any event, and even less to attend en femme

ChloeC
      Duchess

The H.S. I went to (very large 4000+ and still is today), encouraged/supported 10/25/40 year reunions, after that each class is on it’s own. I went to the 10th and it was like maybe 2 hours had passed since H.S., sort of a let down, same cliques, same attitudes. Went to the 25th, and it was so much better, had a great time. 40th came and went and nobody lifted a finger. 50th came and I (and others who hadn’t before) volunteered (tho I live 3-5 hours away now) and it was really nice, just what everyone wanted. We’re going to have 55th and I will be there, tho helping a lot less. I was very middle of the road in H.S., joined a club or two, played IM sports a little, was in student govt. Not particularly popular but lots of classmates knew me. And as others have said, it would be a real shock if I went as anything other than expectations. If I had transitioned during a window of opportunity (which I had considered), I doubt if I would ever have gone back. New life, new friends, new future.

Looking back, I hated high school.  I felt socially backwards with little to no self confidence or esteem.  Everybody knew me because I was one of the top distance runners but the running was only a crutch to hide the pain I felt inside.  I hardly knew anyone on a personal level and was an academically mediocre student (C+ student).  My graduating class was about 950 students (ahhh, the baby boomer generation).  I went to the 5 year and 10 year reunions but I don’t know why I did.  Curiosity perhaps?  Maybe I felt some sort of obligation to?  I met and knew people at the reunions but everyone gravitated to the people they were familiar with in high school and it was all about comparing themselves to others.  I realized I hated the reunions and vowed never to go to another.   But now….this poll has me wondering….what if I went as Anne, introduced myself as Anne and never mentioned anything about my Mr. X past.   Would anyone recognize me.   I don’t know how I would pull it off…perhaps introduce myself as Anne, a friend of Mr. X, but he couldn’t make it.  It would be an interesting social experiment at the very least.  😐

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Same here, Anne. I wasn’t a standout in HS. Very average student with poor study habits. Average athlete, barely making the soccer & baseball teams. My best friends were a year behind me. I kind of fell through the cracks. Never felt like I really fit in. Sounds like a lot of crossdressers had similar experiences. It would be interesting to do a study.

I remember attending both my 4-year & 10-year reunions. People really hadn’t changed. As you say, same cliques. Made me disinterested in attending another. I guess I just fantasize about attending as a woman & see how differently– positively or negatively– people would treat me. Would I be accepted as one of the girls? Would the guys be coming on to me? Or would they all just ostracize & ridicule me?

As far as you being able to attend as a friend of Mr. X, I’ll bet most would figure it out. Besides, how would you be able to attend as a friend of Mr. X– without Mr. X?

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Thanks, Chloe. Please read my response to Anne Preuss.

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Thanks, Heather. Please read my response to Anne Preuss.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Dawn, I live thousands of miles away from my High School and two Universities. I’ve never ever attended a class reunion (and it’s getting close to the 50th Anniversary). With that being said, if I lived much closer, then I would attend, and most likely be involved in the organization of the event. Would I go en femme? Well I’d certainly be wearing some feminine items. The one University I attended was in a very large city (with millions of people and the city has CD clubs, events, etc.) So if I had stayed living nearby to that city then I’d likely participate in CD events regularly. As it is, I now live in a small city of only 70,000 in northwest Canada (temperature this morning while walking the dog was -27F with several feet of snow still on the ground). The closest city with any CD activities is about a 5 hour drive. But I really like it here and I’ve been out and about en femme and get called ma’am every week in the grocery store and by restaurant waitresses (much to my SO’s displeasure). Good luck with your reunion. I guess whether you go en femme would depend on the closeness of your relationship with your classmates and if you really care about what they think. All the Best,
      Hugs, Krista

That’s just it Dawn…how do I get entrance without identifying myself up front??

“Oh, he got the coronavirus, so he sent me in his place”???

“I’m his life partner but we never married…I came at the last minute.  Has he checked in yet?”

“I’m his therapist.  You people really f’d him up back in the day so I came here to check all of you out.”

😛

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

I like the last one, Anne.

Leonara
      Ambassador

Anne,
      I guess we have shared the same reunion experiences: “we met and knew people at the reunions but everyone gravitated to the people they were familiar with in high school and it was all about comparing themselves to others
      In September, I will attend my 50th College reunion
      I can only fantasize attending as Leonara

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

I did not go to any.   HS was very lonely. No friends, just working “relationships”.  Cross dressed in secret back then.  “Karley” was my girlfriend and femme side .  Sometimes both and we were lesbian.

Anonymous

Never went to any , didn’t want to , it served it purpose at the time – parties , sports & girls 😜, no need to catch up on that 😀 lol Tiff

I skipped my 10, 20and 30 year reunions, but I finally let myself be talked into attending our 40th, 3 years ago.  Back then, I was an early graduate, leaving school in November instead of going full term for my senior year.  My niece Keri went with me, as this was right after my first major cancer surgery and in the adjustment period for my Ileostomy.  A lot of the people didn’t remember me or recognize me, but a few did.  I’m sure there was quite a buzz about me being femme out of earshot, that’s just how a lot of people my age are really.  A few did remember me and I was surprised at how many have turned out to be gay themselves.  I was the only CD there, and everything went okay for the most part.  Being post surgery was very tiring and taxing and I did miss a couple of the different functions, but took part in as much as I could.

I did enjoy it though and it was actually good to see some of the people, so overall it went good.  If any of you plan to attend yours as your femme self, just approach your classmates as you would any other group of people, and they might surprise you with how much acceptance there will be for you.

PaulaF

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies,

School reunions, at least in the public sector school I attended, are not as prominent or popular in “Oz” as other parts of the world.

Even more so when in my case it was an all male trade oriented “technical school”.

They ran a 30 year reunion about 20 years ago and I attended that. Most assuredly in drab…..

“Tech” here in Oz used to be looked down upon as somewhat lesser than “high”. But in their 60’s and 70’s heyday, here in Australia at least, they produced hundreds of thousands of highly skilled tradesmen.

They were abolished in the 80’s and all became “high’s”. Now we have a chronic shortage of skilled tradesmen.

Go figure

Caty.

PS Tho the year after I left they did run a school play and some boys got cast in female parts

SOB! SOB!

OmG… have been thinking about this for the last couple months! Have not fully trnsitioned but consider myself passable, en femme. I anticipate owning it… runway strut in like here I am B~t~~~s! Giggle

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I hated my high school. Never considered going to a reunion. But going to the next one wearing something completely over-the-top would be a hoot! Being asked to leave would complete the night.

That’s my fantasy.

Emily

I’ve never been to one, and my school is now 10,000 miles away, so i can’t see it happening. I’m not transitioning, but I do love to go to events as rachel, so if I ever did go to a reunion, I’d certainly think about attending it en femme. My ‘journey’ as a crossdresser has been one of the defining experiences of my adult life, and is something I’d love to show off and celebrate. I went to an all-boys’ school as well, so I’d certainly stand out in my year group 😀

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I have had the fantasy yes. It would SHOCK the all male Military Academy that I attended if I appeared en femme… But that is HIGHLY unlikely to happen…. I enjoyed having this pole put the idea and images in my head though, haha…

If I were in the position of transitioning(I’m not), it could be wickedly fun to attend that way. People have a hard enough time recognizing folks(I’m 30 years out of HS) at reunions. Couldn’t imagine the head scratching as they tried to guess who I was had I transitioned, LOL. That would be great!

Thanks for the fun thoughts,

Dala

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?