Viewing 36 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I may be misunderstanding this forum so apologies if I am. Is this a place where we can discuss hobbies or is it restricted to arts and music?. My main hobby is gardening with stitch craft a close second.

Andreia

Anonymous

I think your’re ok with posting your hobbies here. 😎

Anonymous
      Lady

Andreia I envy your patience with gardening.   I can kill plastics plants. My wife has beautiful plants all around and gardens as well but I am relegated to driving the tractor with a tiller or brush hog. I spend so much time working I’m not sure what my hobbies are?  I will find it interesting to see what others post.

🍷c

Nature might be a hobby for me, though it feels more like part of my spiritual practice.
      About 10 years ago, I started into music with blues harmonica and drumming (cajon). I found a couple of groups of people who tolerated my learning curve, and now I have so much fun with it.
      I was a professional potter for 20 years, and took me a long time to figure out that my dominant representational system is kinesthetic, with a second dominant in auditory.
      I also consider my career as a life coach to be a hobby, I love it so.

hi girls 🙂 gardening! I would love it but…… I have a fear of earthworms!

fiona xx

Anonymous

I must confess that I am a big time flower gardener.Actually my neighbor and I are the best in the neighborhood.Then my my boy side,I love rc planes and cars.

Hobbies? Cars! 70’s Chevys hot rods, Diesel 4X4 trucks, maching and welding. Oh, and crossdressing!

Anonymous

Didn’t see your response before——but, me too !!!  I have a 69 Nova SS 396 we go to cruise-ins in the summer, recently sold my 69 Roadrunner, 383 with a six-pack on top, both four speeds, and I did the motor work………long ago background in V-8 mechanics……….NOT todays motors—-way too technical for me…………Then, I got a Ford F250 with first gen 6.0—egr deleted, cat deleted, with chip, not bulletproofed–just waiting for that issue—but I don’t do anything to stress the motor—just a camper, or bass boat—easy stuff……….grew up in 60’s, was a ”car washer’ for a Chevy dealer…..I drove the first Z302 once off the truck into the prep bay, was in heaven !!!  Got every issue of Muscle Car mag from beginning !!

And……….my posts and profile should provide enough of another aspect of my life and loving that also.

Take care, friend

Mikki

hi girls. I didn’t answer the question properly about my hobbies did I? I was too busy going on about my fear of earthworms and why I couldn’t be a gardener.

my hobbies/pastimes are very varied. I enjoy collecting antiquarian books (pre 1920’s). I restore valved (tubed) radios and amplifiers. I am a fully trained electronics technician by trade. I also enjoy metal lathe work and engineering. I am also a licensed radio ham (amateur). also in the past I have built computers etc. I dont consider cross dressing as a hobby as its simply part of me.

fiona xx

Love vegetable gardening.

Mitzi May
      Lady

Well, crossdressing is not a hobby, per se…it’s part of my being. That being said, perfecting the skill and presence necessary to actualize the woman I am…that is kind of a hobby.

More traditional hobbies I have are playing guitar (I’m all over on it, but mostly settle into rock and blues); I’m an avid reader (non-fiction, mostly, focusing on leftist politics, magic/witchcraft, and anything else that seems interesting); I’m a lifelong gamer–tabletop RPG’s like D&D, mostly, though for the last 7-8 years, I’ve been a hardcore Warhammer 40K hobbyist/occasional gamer.

Anonymous

Gotta jump in here………..

I play my Fender Strat, in OPEN G, and I’ve copied all of Kieth Richards riffs in the STONES music…..SO is SO TIRED of START ME UP !!!

Then, I go to my Gretsch Drum set……….where I am more proficient, 8 drums with cymbals mounted on a Gibraltar frame……………I can beat my drums all day long !!!!!

Other things—–motorcycle mechanics, auto mechanics, fishing, and I also target practice every month, trying to get proficient at 400 yds with a 7mm, meaning a shot pattern less than 10 inchs for a five shot grouping.  Living in a very red state, this is very normal……..

Mikki

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Cool, my hobbies are reading books, mainly science fiction and history, especially about WWI.  Outside of that I am an avid movie watcher and into genealogy.  And a big fan of playing Settlers of Catan, Cosmic Wimpout, and Gang of Four.  And last as some of you may know, I do like to converse. 😉

I love catan

Michelle Liefde
          Ambassador

Catan is one of my all time favorites.  Used to play Magic: The Gathering. Sadly sold all my cards since I know no one locally that plays.

I’ve been keeping tropical fish off and on for almost 40 years. Currently a Betta Sorority tank with 20 or so female Bettas. I love board games like Catan and themed card games like Magic the Gathering and Munchkin but I don’t get to play very often.

-Hugs

Autumn

Anonymous

Amongst other things, I am a toxophilite, a pannapictagraphist and a deltiologist.

I’ve been playing the online game Kingdom of Loathing since 2004 (on and off).  Any other players here?

I’d love a garden of my own : I’m temporary renting at the moment so it is hard to get the incentive if I’m going to leave it in a year or two, and there is a gardener who comes anyway (my cottage is in the grounds of a large house).   I still find myself weeding, deadheading and generally tidying up though.

Among other things, I am an Xbox gamer, I’ve dabbled in pepakura, I’ve drawn badly and currently make paracord jewelry.

Right now I’m wearing a watch that had the strap replaced with one of my own design.

I enjoy playing cards, and shooting dice. I also like to play the stock market, I got a few grand I play around with. I play xbox, I sing and i’m learning the guitar I do herbology,and I got a few guns Im building.

Anonymous

Hobbies are thing i enjoy and what drives happiness… If im not happy im not doing it righy. …but “found object art and jewelery” walking…socializing. Woodwork playing drums ART ART ART…im a maker, custom everything with objects significent to my lofe journey. Thays a good look for me yo

I love reading any books that expand my knowledge. I am a perfectionist and build model submarines. airplanes and diramas for high end diecast model trains and cars/trucks. I fly a remote Controled Huey UH-1B helicopter ( no longer allowed to fly the Real one due to eyes). I taught myself violin/fiddle.

Never-ending student of “Female anatomy and psyhchology”…..and of course observing nature.

I am retired and have all the time in the world.

[quote quote=127512]toxophilite[/quote]

Jasmine, love a bit of archery myself (wouldn’t call myself a toxophilite though) – moving or static target and do you compete? As an undergrad at Uni I used to shoot statics and was pretty good even if I say so myself.

As a pannapictagraphist, what what comics do you collect – I used to love Beno and Dandy in my more formative years but never did get into Marvel as friends did which is strange because I love the films which they are based upon these days – just sayin.

As a youngster I used to deliver newspapers in an English seaside town. One of the customers was a gift shop that sold postcards – many of which were quite saucy – which I read with glee, If I had been a deltiologist, this is one postcard that woud have been a must have for me and is one that has stuck out even 40+ years later.

If a bra is an upper topper flopper stopper, a jock strap is a lower decker peker checker and golden toilet paper is  super duper pooper skooper. Then what is a Japanise boxer who’s father who has dihareea??

….A slap happy Jappy with a crap happy pappy

Sorry. Couldn’t resist.

Take care girls

Anne-Marie

Anonymous

Hi Anne-Marie,

So you used to chuck arrows as well.  🙂   I’m a static target archer, occasionally enlivened by wandering around woods shooting at targets amongst the trees.  I prefer barebow and longbow, none of that peering through a sight nonsense.  I find it gives much more satisfaction to hit the gold at 100 yards if you just have a long bit of wood and a string, rather than telescopic sights on a precision built hunting bow.

As for comics, I collect old Wonder Woman comics, modern Wonder Woman comics, and also other comics that feature Wonder Woman.  You might see a theme there.   🙂

My postcards tend to be old (1900-1930s) that feature some of the delightful actresses of their day.  For example, google Maude Fealy or Lily Elsie.   They used to be cheap to buy but many have jumped in price.   But yes, I remember those saucy postcards from days gone by, when on holiday with my parents.

*hugs* Jasmine

Jasmine.

Yes – guilty as charged 🙂  I used to love chucking arrows with a recurve bow. Agree with you about the sights, stabilizers, clickers and such gubbins. Much more satisfying to hit the gold without them.

I haven’t chucked an arrow for ages and I’m asking myself why because I used to love to. Perhaps something to do with living in a metropolitan area and being to lazy to get of my rear.

Re comics – hmmmm wonder (pardon the pun) what the link could be lol.

I love Wonder Woman or should that be I really loved the WW film. Quite a lot of men seem to think negatively about WW in the vein of yeh, right. I guess that being a very active crossdresser has given me some insight that others lack as my thoughts are more how entertaining the storyline is and why wouldn’t she be able to do special things given who she is.

Didn’t expect to be talking about shooting arrows or Wonder Woman when I joined CDH. Just goes to show what a diverse group with a common interest we are.

Take care Jasmine.

Annie.

I have loads of hobbies – or should that be used to have loads of habbies. Don’t seem to have much free time to be involved with hobbie these days.

My first love was photography and used to be quite into shooting, developing and printing mono pics, particularly landscapes / seascapes (lived at the seaside). Used to love Ilford FP4 – amazing I remember that about 40 years since I last shot a role of the stuff. I’m just getting back into photography – helps to get me out and about and it’s great to be creative and shoot landscapes and nature from my locality.

I also used to be a keen electronics hobbyist – once built my own synth back in the old anologue days. Couldn’t play the thing but it was great fun tinkering with it and making amazing farts, squeeks and burks (so to speak). Also love to tinker with robotics and used to do a fair bit of codeing – like most strted of with Pascal but then learnt some smalltalk as was doing a degree with the OU and that is what they used to teach OOP. Then tought myself visual basic (VBA actually) and then C++. Thought it was great playing dress up and coding whilst dressed ‘en femme’.

I love to cook – big time. I’m a massive foodie and am rather good even if I say so myself and this is a hobby I still do regularly.

Also love gardening and like to grow things which are a bit more difficult to buy in the supermarket and tubs for a nice floral display even though the local scumbags keep stealing the tubs!!!! If it aint pinned down I’m on my 4th barrow due to light fingered local scumbags. Can’t challenge em when dressed or that would be the end of me – literally.

Then of course there is the old AV thing. I have a deep and emotional love of music. Nothing moves me quite like a well written song or piece of music and I guess I could be termed an audiophile. Whilst I do love music, over the years I have also grown to be a home cinema fan. This started with a video (remember them?)of the first Les Mis concert in the Royal Albert Hall. Used to love that video and wanted to get the soundtrack to sound its best. Tech developed as my income increased and my current setup is amazing. Much better than I could have dreamed about back in the day – full 7.2 surround sound cinema with a 4K projector and a 102″ screen. Also developed a love of Films including the Marvel studios stuff (was amazed how much I enjoyed Wonder Woman), have to admit to being a trekky and a (Brook)Bond – lol – and x-men fan. Last film I watched was gaga in A star is born. Made me cry (blush). Not the most engaging film and whilst the acting was good, it wasn’t the best I’ve ever seen. Don’t know why though, I just really enjoyed the film and have already watched it about a dozen times. If you havn’t seen it and particularly if you like Gaga then I would say it’s worth a watch. (oops – two more topics for on here have popped into my head).

Also love footie and other sports. I’m a massive Manchester United Fan (Man U) and am well impressed with our victory last night over PSG. Coming back from 2:0 down following the disaster at Old Trafford (or M16 as I now call it) to stuff em on their own manner (sorry girls, translation of that is to beat them at their own stadium – If I was actually speaking to you (as opposed to speaking via paws on pads) most of you would probably think I am speaking in a foreign language lol. Also love both codes of Rugby, athletics, motor sports, Tennis, squash, badminton, Acrchery, snooker and darts (yes darts).

Thanks for the question Andreia.

Take good care

Anne-Marie

[quote quote=158339]Hi, making model sailing ships from wooden kits- currently making a late 18th Century 40 gun English Frigate. Reading and collecting books about the American Civil War (i know i’m British) – just finished Chancellorsville by S.W.Sears, watching ACW films (Gettysburg anyone?) . Also a Lord of the Rings book and films fanatic.

Playing ACW computer games and other strategy games in general – helps keep my brain active, some of them are quite complicated.

Growing Chilli pepper plants, Walking my dog as Stephanie, brewing beer – especially Belgian beers, Cooking ( British, Asian, Spanish and Russian mainly , but anything really). The drinking of Wine. Making flavoured Gins e.g Seville Orange, Sloe, Rhubarb. Attending beer festivals. Barbecuing. Admiring Rachel Riley on the tele.

When fitter i used to climb “via ferratas” (protected rock climbs) in the Italian Dolomites, mountaineering, free climbing,walking,camping,skiing and windsurfing. Now i mainly just walk the dog!

Stephanie P.

[/quote]
      Love Dogs they are simply fantastic (unless they bite or yap all night)

Never really encounter Russian cuisine – any recomendations? I’m partial to a nice gin myself and making flavoured ones seem – well, cool!

Are you a blow your head off kinda chilli girl? I love a good chilli peper but can’t do the super hot ones. I was also preparing some food once which contained chilli’s which I had just chopped. Then my eye began to itch so – like a prat – gave it a little rub. I won’t do that again!!!

Rachel Riley. What can one say? Just a national treasure and a yorkshire lass at that! Don’t know what they feed em – just that it works lol.

For me it’s tabletop and online gaming (D&D, Shadowrun, FFXIV), forum RP, music (I write songs and play… way too many things!), hiking, ichthyology and herpetology, and perfecting my own snarky and pun-heavy brand of humor.  And probably quite a few that are slipping my mind at the moment.

Anonymous

I used to play tons of 7th Sea with my friends back in college. Had a huge assortment of tabletop RPGs in general, I live in a different city these days but I miss playing tabletop games like that.

All kinds of solutions to that online these days; anywhere from video chat to Roll20 to forum gaming.  I know, I know… it’s not the same, but if you can’t find folks locally it’s a viable alternative.  Much like the ladies here, now that I ponder it!  Of course, this is all assuming your issues are with proximity and not time, the latter is trickier to solve.

back in the day….. AD&D, MERP,  Champions/Hero games.

I haven’t played in 3 decades but can still muster a role to play 😉

What tabletop games do you play?

Primarily 5e D&D and 4e Shadowrun, as that’s what my gaming buddies tend to favor.  But you name it, I either have tried it in the past or would in the future.

Nice. I think I play tabletop RPGs about once every five years or so, and always end up having to run them rather than getting to be a player 🙁

Yeah, I guess I’ve been fortunate to have a bunch of friends who are eager to run, as I do have a lot more fun as a player.  That said, I am currently running one campaign (and a side one occasionally) with of course many ideas in my head that will probably never see the light of day.

Anonymous

Write about my favorite hobby? I really don’t talk a lot about it so don’t mind if I do…

My biggest hobby would be yang style tai chi. I love martial arts, but I feel like I have to say that I don’t like or even watch fighting, I really don’t I think it’s just blood sport, real fights with someone who knows what they’re doing are over quuuuuuickly. I do happen to practice with people who fight professionally though. All I’m going to say is the Irish are tough sons-of-guns. Personally I’m a contractor so I’ll get your drywall on site with a guy who knows how to frame it haha, but my biggest, most consistent hobby through the years has been martial arts.

I spend hours in rooted postures (squat and stand still for 20 min, work on deep breathing and relaxing, now do a bunch of squats all the way down and up, okay now stand on one leg for 5 min then the other, next exercise, etc…..). An hour later we start the sparring drills and form work. I love it. It’s a very careful kind of thing where people who just want to get better at martial skill take it so, so carefully, intimately, gingerly, and I love it. Truly, you can practice incredibly skilled martial arts without getting a single bump bruise or scratch on you. You just feel tired but good. That’s how it should always be. No one should ever get hurt practicing and it’s very possible. I love it when people get smiles on their faces too. Good martial artists can show anyone a couple of really fun drills and leave everyone a little tired and with big smiles on their faces from essentially playing a fun game. I hate when people who practice give off an intimidating vibe, like look how hard and high I can kick! Ha. Sure I’m a big guy but you should never, ever feel scared or intimidated by me, ever. Only at ease. You touch and feel the skill, sure, but up until that point it is purposefully hidden. We’re big guys too, we all have backgrounds in wrestling and boxing (check and check) and we train seriously, but effective martial arts is also in it’s softness (soft like a snake, not soft like a cooked noodle).

I love the form itself too and you can spend a good hour going through it once. It is a very long form and demands a lot of mental and physical attention. It’s like doing an hour of really slow farmers squats but with the entire body in dynamic postures. Proper alignments, breathing, never actually stopping any one part of your body but moving slowly as if through water. It is moving meditation. It’s incredibly dynamic and martially very effective when taught and executed properly (no you’re never going to “single whip” someone in a scrape but you may need the gate-exchange on the right hand when they’re throwing a punch so you can catch them and align yourself so the left hand is free to block, feet are where they need to be, etc etc). The form is the bench press, the form is not helping push a heavy box up into the attic. The bench pressing lets you do that. Yeah? I love how the definition is in not just waving your arms around externally, but focusing on internal connections and “feeling” your partner and where they are, their intentions, their strong and weak corners, etc. It’s very body-centric. It is an art of relaxation and breathing more than anything.

I’ve always had a very deep connection to those who are quiet masters. People you could not pick out of a crowd, who are kind, gentle, soft, yet when touched feels like heavy iron wrapped in cotton. Monk type of people, been around for thousands of years. I have always wanted to walk that kind of path in life. Be strong for myself and for those who aren’t, but always practicing kindness and grace wherever possible. Show people you can be humble and good, all the while being just as effective as the people who glorify aggression. I’d say it’s actually a guiding light through my life. It is a huge definition of who I am, even though I really don’t share it with much of anyone other than the people I quietly train with.

Cross dressing is a facet of who I am, and although I love martial arts, I’d actually consider cross dressing to be kinda more interesting than any of my other hobbies haha.

Sorry I’ll get off my box here just wanted to type that out. All I ever really tell my friends is that I’m “sore from the gym” but otherwise you end up looking like a silly guy in the park trying to pick up girls or something or trying to sound impressive. Nah. I’ll happily just splurge here and let it be done. Thanks!

Otherwise I love making sculptures and taking pictures of my travels through the day.

Anonymous

Sorry, can’t resist…

What’s the name of this website? 💁🏼

Anonymous

Reading this thread your a dangerous bunch to know. Shooting, storm chasing, archery(I thought static shooting was darts) and even poker is dangerous units own way. The gaming is I presume is war based and even the reading relates to the Great Ear or American Civil war.

I would like to tell you that I drive tanks or re-enact the Battle of Bosworth but unfortunately I also read anything historical presently the history of the Cold War, enjoy sport though more watching now as the ankles say no. Anyway it doesn’t matter if your Robin Hood, Billy the Kid or Jocky Wilson enjoy yourselves.

Anonymous

Our American friends might need a hand with Jocky Wilson. A fine example of  a British sportsman.

[postquote quote=210353][/postquote]
      I used to play Champions, from 1st to 4th Edition. In those days we didn’t think it was proper roleplaying unless you had tons of numbers and detailed stats – a legacy of us being miniature wargamers as well, in an era of detail, high crunch, rules. Now I’m older I like my rules simple and abstract 😀

Add me to the gamer list. I play a lot of miniature wargames – a mix of historical, sci-fi and fantasy. I have a blog which enables people to keep track of what era or game is currently occupying my butterfly-like mind:

https://hordesofthethings.blogspot.com/

In addition I dabble in photography, I’m a Sherlock Holmes nerd and (as described elsewhere) I do burlesque.

Veg growing, can bet the taste of fresh cook veg, supermarket stuff taste all the same. Used to do a lot of writing, but life got in the way of that one.

Anonymous

I’ve been wondering whether this was a valid topic for the forum. When I was much younger, I did a little TT and Scrambles motorcycle racing. Got too old and married for that, so I began collecting and shooting military firearms. Life is at a much slower pace, nowadays; I work with small animal rescue (mostly rabbits), and I play the Alto Sax (badly). Life changes us in so many ways……

Bettylou

Anonymous

I really enjoy playing golf, but never en femme. Has anyone played golf while dressed?  The environment doesn’t seem like it would be very welcoming, but the idea is very appealing. I’ve practiced at home while dressed and does change your swing. I think the golf skirts are really cute!

Yes I have Brenda. I have played golf and tennis while en femme wearing sleeveless tops and skirts but with a group of ggs and tennis with another cd. One does play different and it is a marvalous outing as silly as that may sound We crack up acting girlie

I’m building a 1/48 B-1B as currently configured with a Sniper pod…(too much detail?!!)….

Rebecca

Anonymous

Haven’t got a clue Becky. I gave up years ago that airfix glue was to alluring.

I would love to see your model when its done Rebecca.

The B1B is so cool not sure what the sniper pod is though

I like working on old cars, and model trains.

Patty

Nikki
      Lady

[postquote quote=163531][/postquote]

I also studied Taekwondo, then Tai Chi, then Boxing & Wing Chun.

I absolutely hate any form of bullying or aggressive behavior, but I do very much appreciate the skills of two trained fighters challenging themselves against each other.

I do not practice any of these now, but I do still appreciate the art and watch competitive bouts.

These days, my hobbies are singing & playing guitar, which I do sometimes stream (in drab) on YouNow. I do a few open mic’s, and have busked a few times.

I’m also a licensed Amateur Radio operator, so I like to chat to people across the world using ham radio gear.

I also love to DJ, and do a weekly show on internet radio (also in drab).

Nikki x

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Nikki.

I collect rare records and memorabilia. My friends call my place RnR Hall of Fame West.

Hippie
        Lady

I collect records to, I have some as old as 1904 to today

I’ve been a motorsports fan since childhood. I’ve been to all sorts of racetracks all over the us. Now is the time that I go into withdrawal as ALL of the professional touring series have ended their 2019 season. Also an amateur photographer, computer enthusiast and cyclist…

OK, now that I have a bit more time…

I’ve been to many race tracks across the US, including road courses (permanent and temporary), superspeedways, intermediate ovals and short ovals (paved and dirt). On the water, I’ve been to unlimited hydroplane and Formula 1 hydroplane events. While I am primarily an open wheel fan (Formula 1, Indy car, sprint cars, supermodifieds, etc), I also follow sports cars, stocks cars and drag racing. To me, each discipline has its own fascination.

Over the years, I met a number of motorsports personalities and most have autographed my collection of books. Sadly, some are no longer with us. From memory: Bobby and Al Unser, Sr., Derek Bell, Parnelli Jones, John Watson, Dan Gurney, Sir Jack Brabham, Ove Andersson, George Follmer, Vic Elford, Ken Tyrrell, Sam Posey, Emerson Fittipaldi, Davy Jones, Roberto Guererro, Bobby Rahal, Lyn St. James, Rick Mears, Phil Hill and Tommy Kendall. I used to help a dear departed friend take care of his pavement modified that he raced. I’ve driven a few race cars, but not in competition.

Anonymous

DeeAnn,

I used to follow the Fi and Indy circuit, myself. If you had listed Mario Andretti and Sterling Moss, you would have the entire Hall of Fame (almost) from my era.
          Hugs,
          Bettylou

[postquote quote=275054][/postquote]

Some years ago, I came within about 10ft of meeting Moss. Before I retired and moved to SoCal, I lived in Corning, NY for 23 years. Whenever I discussed Watkins Glen, I would often say that my house was 17 miles away.

Anyway, I have been to The Glen MANY times. During one of the vintage weekends (early to mid-90’s), Moss was there with his own sports car, a small bore OSCA, I believe. They had an autograph session for him and it had a tremendously long line. They extended the session, but finally he had to go in order to run his race and maintain the schedule. Anyway, that was as close as I came.

So far, I have not gotten to meet Mario. In ‘81 I attended the first Michigan 500. It was the first time Indy cars went 500 miles at MIS. However, he was  still full time with Alfa Romeo that season. I attended all of the F1 races run in downtown Detroit, but ‘82 was his last season in F1. He only did 3 races and none of them were Detroit. At the time I lived in Toledo.

I noticed that I missed a few names. I would add Gary Bettenhausen, Doc Bundy, Scott Goodyear, Johnny Rutherford, Oscar Koveleski and Tony Adamowicz (or Tony A2Z as he was known). Most of the folks that I’ve mentioned in both messages have signed somewhere in my collection of motorsports related books.

In the 4 years that I have been in SoCal I’ve only attended one motorsports event: Long Beach last year. I spent the weekend with one of my wife’s cousins and were trackside Saturday and Sunday. Previously, I was there in 2001.

So, if you haven’t seen Ford v Ferrari, I highly recommend it. To call it a car movie would not do it justice. Like RUSH, it’s a human story set against a racing backdrop.

BEAST by Jade Gurss is the story of Penske’s Ilmore/Mercedes pushrod engine that Al, Jr. used to win the 500 in ‘94. Amazing story of near military grade secrecy!

I’m nearly finished reading HURLEY, From The Beginning, an autobiography of Hurley Haywood. He is an absolute legend in endurance sports car racing. He also did about 18 Indy car races without much success as he was with a small team. But what wasn’t widely known back then is that he is gay. He retired from driving in 2012 and he and his partner have been together for 25 years. I also saw the documentary, based on his life, a few weeks ago. I’ve seen him drive on a number of occasions, going back to the Can-Am Series in ‘73 at Mid-Ohio. He was in a Porsche 917/10K. Peter Gregg didn’t like the car and he sold it to Hurley. He won the Trans-Am title in ‘88 in an Audi Quattro. I saw him that year in Detroit as the Trans-Am Series was a support race for Grand Prix weekend. I’ve also seen him run Watkins Glen over the years.

I guess it is appropriate that my interests all seem to have a technological bent as I am a retired mechanical engineer. I got into 35mm photography in 1980 and digital in 2005.  For about 6 years I made my living doing computer programming. That continues as about 5 years ago I built a Hackintosh and it is still my desktop computer.

Fun and Games kid, Fun and Games!?!?

Abby M
      Lady

Current hobbies that are allowing me to work on my creative processes are working on a Dungeons and Dragons campaign and learning the rules for the miniature war gaming franchise Warhammer 40k.

ooh I’d love to hear about your D&D campaign! also what rule version is your favorite?

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

My main hobbies are not terribly girly….

A wargamer (boardgames) most of my life, big student of military history, cars built before 2000, Huge reader with hundreds and hundreds of books ……

Oh,and I love animals, all animals.   Will feed wildlife wherever I am.  This annoys people at time😁.

Stevie

ooh war board games, that actually sounds like fun. if your in my area I’d be open to meeting up. otherwise there’s this game called “tabletop simulator” on steam and it has a ton of games that can be played online that are originally made as board or card games and even includes means to import new games into the system. so if we can’t meet up in person we could meet up that way.

I don’t really think it matters if your hobbies are “girly” or not if you enjoy them that’s what counts. I don’t think most of us are here for the express reason of “being girly” instead I believe we are here more because we want to be our real self’s, and being girly is more of a side effect that tends to happen a lot in pursuit of our real goals and hobbies. I think why it can seem like it’s more of a push to be girly around here as so many of us are excited to have a place to talk about the stuff that society deems to girly for us to talk about elsewhere. where as the less girly stuff we do have other outlets for; so it’s way easy to get carried away talking about the stuff we got no other outlet for. so it’s not like we don’t want to talk about those other topics, least that’s my view point on that.

I used to build plastic models, starting with cars and then moving onto military items like tanks/apc.  I started to build motorized models, and my grandest one is an RC model from Tamiya.  Unfortunately due to finances I had to stop doing that.

Hippie
      Lady

Well I have my fingers in a lot of stuff and I don’t see my crossdressing as a hobby. Why because I’m open and wear 24/7, So its more a way of life than anything.

But for the record here is my list of things

1) CB and Ham(Amateur)Radios
      2) Coin Collecting
      3) Restoring and working on old cars(points & carburetors for me)
      4) Farming (It’s my dream job, and I’m working a farm for a living)
      5) Camera Collecting (I own over 75 Cameras from 1860 to a Brand new Linhof 6x9cm Technikardan 23S Camera and I found an unopened and never used (till I got it). A 1969 Minolta SRT-101 35mm camera)
      6) Record collecting (my oldest is from 1904 to the newest of today)

Funny thing is, if I added crossdressing to the list. That would still be my cheapest hobby. All my hobbies are expensive.

Hippie

My hobbies are quite mundane compared to all of you other ladies. My number one is camping with my lovely wife, just getting away and relaxing. Others are reading, watching old classic movies and cross stitching.

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?