Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I am pretty new to crossdressing and am experimenting with what makes me feel the best about myself and looks good. What kinds of hip/butt pads and breast forms do you like? What kind of materials and brands? Is there certain things you think it’s better to spend more money for the higher quality items? Thanks!

With Love,

Jamie

Angela Booth
      Hostess

They key to a good shape is to balance it with the body so you don’t over exaggerate curves or bust. I am basing this on being seen as a woman out and about. I spent a lot of time thinking about getting a good rear view and many moons ago I found a company that sold a hip and bum pad enclosed in a girdle. It was made by a company here in the U.K. that already made foundation wear and had sidelined. It was not cheap but the effect was immediate. It was very well made in the traditional longline style and had a singular shaped pad that went around the hips and butt creating a very nice shape.  I wore it for years and apart from getting a seamstress to replace the elastic it was my revelation and I still have them in reserve. Problem was that the firm went broke with no alternative.  Chinese imports started to come in which were quite flimsy and two pads each side that just did not work. I had a good think and looked at the pad in the girdle and as it was foam I made a replica and had it covered in an outer then was the matter of finding something to hold them and found high waist slimming panties. Success!  They are light and the foam is very long lasting and wash easily so everyday wear is fine as I hardly know I am wearing them.  There are now some You tube videos that show you how. The only ones that I do like on the market is the thigh and calf boosters from China. They form aside the hips and taper down the thigh and come with shorts to house the pads. I looked and the 1″ ones are the best and give a good shape when wearing trousers and leggings. There was one issue in that they didn’t enhance the butt. I had a ready solution and placed one of my pads at the back and the shape was perfect. I do exercise wearing and everything stays put. The ones I have are crotchless so a gaffe is worn and it finishes off the look.

To get that hour glass figure. I use Ms Belt to since my waist and  girdle with hip and butt pads. All available at Amazon!

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Jamie, I am not expert. In fact I am still trying to work it out also. I would really like to get some silicone hip pads but they are soooo! expensive. Most of my work so far has been trying to get the top right. I have some cheap Amazon forms and then I either wear a body briefer or an OBG or a waist cincher but my skirt still just drops virtually straight down from the waist. Amazon lets you create a wish list when you are shopping and I have many things on the list. When I can afford a couple I place an order. I would also like to try a corset but that’s on the list.

Trish White
      Baroness

Thank you for your post Jamie. First off don’t go cheap body shaping things, like anything. you get what you pay for. For waist cinchers I bought the first two from amazon but wouldn’t again. I was in a drug store (London Drugs if you’re a Canuck) and they had spandex waist cinchers which were a lot less bulky than the amazon ones. I can wear tight T-shirts or tank tops and you cannot see the waist cincher at all and it was only $30. The hip and butt enhancer I bought from Glamour Boutique and am very happy with it. It looks very natural even under work out leggings. I don’t own any breast forms so can’t help you there. I’m lucky to still have man boobs after losing 68lbs. The fat disappeared everywhere except my chest. No complaint on my part. Also don’t like big boobs so filling a B cup naturally suits me just fine.

Trish 💖

Hi Jamie; welcome to the crossdressing world and your first steps. Obviously the natural shape of a woman is caused by the projection of the breasts, butt, hips, and a little in the thighs; along with the narrowness in/of the waist and the “flatness” of the groin/pelvic area. IMO for “gurls” like us, the chest and “groin” areas are the most “tell-tale” areas in the beginning to focus on.

The pads and forms are usually made of foam, cotton fill, or silicone. I prefer silicone as foam can deteriorate over time. Brands are too numerous to list; an internet search will prove that. The “kinds” or shapes of breastforms are usually “round”, oval/teardrop, or “triangle”. I have two sets of oval/teardrop and love them but I’d prefer round and hope to “up-grade” either this year or the next. Hip & butt pads ususally come in the same “shape”, only different in size-thickness and length. I don’t have hip nor butt pads, however I’m thinking about butt pads in the same timeframe as the round breastforms.

Since you’re beginning to experiment, your budget will influence your options; as the pads and forms can be expensive. Breastforms have the greatest price range; it all depends on the brand, “model name”, shape, size, and where and when you get them. You want to buy the best you can afford, because the saying: “you get what you pay for” can hold true. My advice is to find a store that sells them and has samples that you can try on or has someone that can “expertly” measure, fit, and advise which shape and size will look best. If you have to order on-line, make sure they offer a 100% exchange/return if not satisfied.

Private Message me if you need anymore help/advice.

A lot has already been said about shape wear and padding, so I’ll take a different approach.

It’s also important to remember that the cut of any particular piece of clothing will make a difference. A woman with a perfect figure can put on anything and still look feminine, but most people (men and women) will find that particular clothing styles have a powerful affect on how masculine or feminine they look. Without going into a hundred different thoughts about this, it’s worth keeping in mind. Certain styles are easier for cross dressers. Some perennial favorites on this site are pencil skirts and A-line dresses or skirts. Some cross dressers swear by “skater” styles as well. “High waste” styles tend to work really well for me because I have a long torso. From my own experience, and just from looking through pics here, a simple, professional style blouse in white or other easily matched color can look amazing. A lot of ladies (like me) here find that professional, wear to work styles really work for them. “Mermaid” or “fish-tail” styles are great too (I have a gray number that gives me a great figure). Just buying a women’s cut t-shirt in the correct size can make a surprising difference.

Whenever you’re shopping for clothing, take time to try things on in multiple sizes (if you can). Quality fit and construction will always make anyone look better. I think for most of us, when we first started dressing up we were drawn to more revealing styles, but learn over time that we actually look better (and even sexier) with more modest and conservative styles. I, for example, tend to have a much better silhouette with a knee length skirt than with with a mini. The same rule applies to padding and especially with breast forms. Most people start way too big and then find that smaller looks much better. Wear what you want, of course, but to me breasts that are too big scream “cross dresser” more than just about anything.

Hi Jamie,

it depends on what you have to work with figure wise to start. Try to pull in the natural waist area. If you bend your arms at elbows 90 degrees up in front of you this would be the area below your elbows to your hips ( waist cinchers are great for this , look up brands like Vedette or Rago)

adding hip pads ( look for ones that wrap around the buttocks and taper down the outside of the legs towards the knees can be foam-cheaper or silicone – more expensive (look up Dresstech) Wearing the pads under shaping leggings or long shaping shorts will keep them in place and also help to blend the butt and hips to create curves. The pads should be placed with the tops at around bellybutton level on each side.

enhancing buttocks – look up padded panties ( Rhonda Shear, bubbles body wear, etc.)

Balance the chest with breast forms of your choice or a breastplate in a size that complements your figure. The combination of breast to hip ratio with a cinched waist and a padded rear should give you the silhouette your are seeking. I know it probably sounds like a lot of trouble to go through but the results are worth it imho. Hope this helps…

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I dont even try all that hard!!

Being well into my “dotage”, whats the point?? Sure, I have some lovely breast forms, but as for everywhere else, a drop waist cardigan and skirts below the knees does it for this “old chook”. (translation chicken)

Happy dressing

(Nana) Caty.

Other than breastforms and control top pantyhose I don’t use anything else to change my shape.

Anonymous

Sharp scissors, construction paper and a cheap picture frame. LOL!

Take a look at the average woman, we come in all shapes and sizes. Do you want to be the fantasy girlfriend at home? Or eventually blend in in public? A disco diva?

Before investing in manufactured padding, fairly inexpensive foam can be found at fabric stores to try and find a figure you like. Take selfies to judge your presentation after the pink fog has dissipated.

Most likely you’ll make a few mistakes on first orders. Returns can be difficult or non-existent.

Quality forms are worth the expense only if you’re happy with the result.

I find the best thing to create a feminine silhouette would be a corset. It will pull in your waist, which will give the appearance of wider hips. It may also increase the bust size as it pushes some fat up. And a corset will keep your posture straighter as well.

That said, there are often occasions where a corset would be difficult to use. It could be due to time to dress up, temperature outside, or any other reason. So what can you do without a corset?

You can make your hips look bigger with a hip-padded panty made for crossdressers. But these can also feel bulky and be uncomfortable at times..

Some other tricks you can do to create an illusion of a feminine shape without shapewear is to choose styles of clothing that hide some of your masculine figure. An empire waist dress is tightest just below the bust line. Because it hangs loose from so high up, it can help to hide a little bit of a belly. Similarly, a loose bottom blouse can do the same.

An inexpensive technique I have sometimes used to pad my hips is by wearing an A-line, full circle, skater, or other loose swingy skirt, and underneath wearing a soft tutu. These can be obtained from a party store. It will help hold the skirt away from the body, giving the illusion of wider hips and a larger back side. But they are soft enough when sitting that they are comfortable.

Oftentimes I will just wear a loose top and a wider skirt and not bother with anything else. Comedienne Carol Burnett used to talk about her small sized hips and butt. Not every woman has big hips and a big butt. Usually your confidence will help project a feminine illusion so that people overlook other flaws.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?